• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s here! AQUANAUT ZF

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Unfortunately I don’t think it’s the same prototype. Look at the different directions of the screws on the movement, even the ones on the balance bridge. Hopefully they’re not all plagued with a DW issue.
ru3zlz.jpg

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
This rep si a very good base but for now has too much flaw that should be resolved...the DW alignement, the font of Patek Philippe on the dial it’s wrong, the line that goes over 5’o clock, the plate of movement, the words patek philippe on clasp aren’t clean...

Reactions: vcappp

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
from what i see and have been reading ZF did a good job. I always wanted to try a PP but am nervous for the 40mm size since im a big tall guy and wear mostly A42/44 and Panerai 47 mm
is there a big wrist presence difference? I like the thin case but when i got the Rolex Noob yahtmaster ended up selling it since it felt like a baby watch on my wrist.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
from what i see and have been reading ZF did a good job. I always wanted to try a PP but am nervous for the 40mm size since im a big tall guy and wear mostly A42/44 and Panerai 47 mm
is there a big wrist presence difference? I like the thin case but when i got the Rolex Noob yahtmaster ended up selling it since it felt like a baby watch on my wrist.

Expect this to wear small. It looks tiny next to my 41mm ROC. Yet, it looks chunkier than a Nautilus, so if you’ve ever tried a 5711, then that’d be a relatively good reference point size-wise.

And still, I am appreciating more and more slim watches as they are more comfy on the wrist and less likely to get caught on door handles and the like :)

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I have the VSF which looks remarkably similar - outwith a 0.7mm and taking into account it’s almost $200 cheaper, is the ZF even worth it?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I have the VSF which looks remarkably similar - outwith a 0.7mm and taking into account it’s almost $200 cheaper, is the ZF even worth it?

What did you make of the VSF hour surrounds? I felt that they were not finished very well...ie not shiny and clean like gen?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
What did you make of the VSF hour surrounds? I felt that they were not finished very well...ie not shiny and clean like gen?

I can see your point mate but for me, it wasn’t a massive tell on the wrist. Is the lume to yellow? Maybe, but the gen is like that too.

It’s the price of the ZF that puts me off, after all VSF did a great job for the price and can’t help but think for a rubber strap Miyota it’s massively overpriced, but hey demand will surely outstrip supply on this one!

Reactions: mech500

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Can someone please explain why it’s so hard/impossible to get the date wheels right. We see this over and over again - they can get all the other details right, but date wheels - OH NO...wrong font, misaligned, rough edges, bad print, wrong color, ... You name it - it’s been done (not just on the Aquanaut). WHY? :)

Reactions: Opirata

darknite

Renowned Member
24/3/17
To the guy a few posts back talking about they are not gonna waste their time and resources and throw a shit date wheel on it ... what’s the word now. We have 3 TD pics so far, it’s been presented to us that they are NOT the same prototype(different screw alignment). That datewheel print alignment is straight ass.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Tim told me he hasn't gotten a final price from ZF so he isn't going to take my money yet.

I need three things to make a final decision:

- Trustytime video
- TSWatch pics
- Toro Bravo pics

Each of these is vitally important.

As it is I'm tempted to get the MKF Nautilus too with the new pic that was posted. Why did they have to come out at the same time?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
To the guy a few posts back talking about they are not gonna waste their time and resources and throw a shit date wheel on it ... what’s the word now. We have 3 TD pics so far, it’s been presented to us that they are NOT the same prototype(different screw alignment). That datewheel print alignment is straight ass.

There's no chance they will release it with a left justified date wheel. In 5 years of buying reps I've seen this plenty of times and plenty of other things get fixed by the actual release date, far bigger things than the printing of the overlay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

May I ask, which one is the VSF? I have the old V6F in rose gold and looks good, but it's definitely not super thin, wouldn't mind looking into other options and I also think $500+ for this watch is not something I will spend.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Oh really? Wow, that's missleading, especiall with watermarking the pictures Z-Factory.

Well that, amongst other stuff, is why TSwatch is no longer a TD here, they were removed around a year ago.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
The movement is like shit.. what happen did they said they will clone the movement?