• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[New Prod] MK nautilus 5177

Akra

11/1/17
Honestly, PPF did a better job at the movement.
aquanaut-jumbo-5069g-ss-ppf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-asian-pp324cs.jpg

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
you guys are obsessed with this movement craze. anyone who knows Patek can never be fooled by a "cloned" version.

All I want is the case, dial and thinness of the gen. nobody will be looking at the back of my watch.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
you guys are obsessed with this movement craze. anyone who knows Patek can never be fooled by a "cloned" version.

All I want is the case, dial and thinness of the gen. nobody will be looking at the back of my watch.

Same here.
we also don’t know if its just unrefined prototype.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

I know man but I want the movement to look pretty, so I can enjoy looking at it. A decorated Miyota does look good to my eyes....well better than a plain 2824 or whatever.

Obviously, I ain’t gonna show it to anyone else actin’ like it’s gen but I just can’t love a rep that looks nothing like the gen on one half of the mid-case.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I just sent a PM to puretime asking for an estimated availability date for this watch, I'll post his answer as soon as I get one. If anyone has any information concerning an availability date from a different source, please post it. I'm sure a lot of folks are interested.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I just sent a PM to puretime asking for an estimated availability date for this watch, I'll post his answer as soon as I get one. If anyone has any information concerning an availability date from a different source, please post it. I'm sure a lot of folks are interested.

I would love to know more about approximate release date.
i actually think it will be released soon as they just released whole bunch of IWC and Omega reps.
Prehaps Nautilus is next, fingers crossed.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Do you guys think this is going to be the best Nautilus 5711 out there?

If they keep their already existing dial (better than PF version), keep it slim, and refine bracelet then YES.
i have feeling this will be best rep of Nautilus.

Reactions: charlesblack

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Btw, I’m pretty sure it will be 9mm same as their IWC and some of the Omega reps they released.
thats why they are switching to miyota movement for this new version of Nautilus.

charlesblack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
Btw, I’m pretty sure it will be 9mm same as their IWC and some of the Omega reps they released.
thats why they are switching to miyota movement for this new version of Nautilus.

Oh that's not too far of. If I remember correctly gen is about 8.5mm

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Oh that's not too far of. If I remember correctly gen is about 8.5mm

yeah. MKF new versions of Breguet Classique are also listed as 9mm.
in the repworld, at this time, miyota is the only movement that can be used to achieve that thickness.

Reactions: SuperLory

charlesblack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
8.5% thicker.

I could probably live with that but it would “feel” different from gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh. You're quite right. I didn't think about it that way. ItllI probably wait a little then. Maybe we get something more gen like than this released sometime soon. Looks like this watch has been getting some attention

Reactions: mech500

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
@charlesblack
8.3mm vs 9mm is a freaking .7mm difference LOL
You know how hard that is to point out even when you have gen right next to it???? We are taking about fraction of mm. People who say .7mm will feel different from gen are absolutely insane.

Reactions: charlesblack

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
... unless you will be using caliper to pinpoint the difference but on the wrist u won’t be able to spot .7mm difference.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
... unless you will be using caliper to pinpoint the difference but on the wrist u won’t be able to spot .7mm difference.

The difference in thickness between printing paper and thin cardboard is what.....0.007mm. You cannt “see” the difference BUT the difference in “feel” is night and day.

It all comes down to percentages.

A rep that is nearly 10% thicker will “Feel” different from gen....they will look the same...and of course nobody else will ever spot the difference but we all want to strive for reps that not only look gen but also feel and handle like gen (in the hands).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk