• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Availability of PANERAI reps during the raids"

Twinny

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/11/18
EU
I have also been talking tosead1999 about a VSF Pam 968 he has in stock but communication stopped on Friday. Nothing from him since. Is this normal and I must just be patient?

Communication with Sead in the last few days is different than usual. I have also been waiting for an answer for quite some time. He usually replies to me within 24 hours. He is also inactive in this forum since the 18th. Something seems to me to run differently with him than usual. It may be that I am wrong, but I have this impression.

Reactions: jpchub

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Communication with Sead in the last few days is different than usual. I have also been waiting for an answer for quite some time. He usually replies to me within 24 hours. He is also inactive in this forum since the 18th. Something seems to me to run differently with him than usual. It may be that I am wrong, but I have this impression.

Thats also my impression. Two weeks ago he went silent after I made an order just to tell me three days later, that he doesnt send to the EU in the moment because of the new VAT-Regulations.

Reactions: jpchub

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
I have also been talking tosead1999 about a VSF Pam 968 he has in stock but communication stopped on Friday. Nothing from him since. Is this normal and I must just be patient?

Hey, yeah, he’s very silent. Buying through him is not for the feint of heart.

I know Trusty and J-time give you constant updates etc - Sead definitely doesn’t do that.

I believe my Pam968 is now in the UK as I got sent a random picture next to a Royal Mail postage print out.

I’ve been told patience is the key with him - ‘he gets the job’ done is the mantra. Albeit without regular updates or prompt replies.

Reactions: sebatian

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Hey, yeah, he’s very silent. Buying through him is not for the feint of heart.

I know Trusty and J-time give you constant updates etc - Sead definitely doesn’t do that.

I believe my Pam968 is now in the UK as I got sent a random picture next to a Royal Mail postage print out.

I’ve been told patience is the key with him - ‘he gets the job’ done is the mantra. Albeit without regular updates or prompt replies.

So I understand, but I haven't even purchased yet. Got a feeling he disappeared when I mentioned the watch needs to be sent to South Africa, haha.

Reactions: JayBee0815

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
so he replied saying that shipping is not safe at the moment and that there is plenty of police around. So he's probably being watched. Any one here like to sell me a PAM 968, 683, or 1055? lol

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
so he replied saying that shipping is not safe at the moment and that there is plenty of police around. So he's probably being watched. Any one here like to sell me a PAM 968, 683, or 1055? lol

Damn! I’m lucky I got mine out in time. I got an update from Royal Mail saying it will be with me on Friday.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I just got this message from Sead after asking him if he could make a plan for me:
“helo
to be honest i didnt go out at all two days , too much police yesterday about 10 dealers got caught”
Then he followed up with:
”local market wholesellers
runners
some smaller some larger
but most got released today”

So it seems its not the TDs here.

Last edited:

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
So mine arrived from Sead today:
I might be wrong but think this is a model that was produced a while back as it has patina’d quite a bit. Not so easy to tell from that photo.

Also the crystal has the distortion when held at an angle and unless I misunderstood, newer VSF subs had fresh crystals that didn’t have this issue.

Very happy I have it though. I’ve been able to source my first choice XF Pam127 and Pam968 during this difficult period and is a testament to the TDs.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
So mine arrived from Sead today:
I might be wrong but think this is a model that was produced a while back as it has patina’d quite a bit. Not so easy to tell from that photo.

Also the crystal has the distortion when held at an angle and unless I misunderstood, newer VSF subs had fresh crystals that didn’t have this issue.

Very happy I have it though. I’ve been able to source my first choice XF Pam127 and Pam968 during this difficult period and is a testament to the TDs.

Did it come with that olive green strap ?

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21

Here is the GEN leather strap for reference. Imho I would omit your brown leather and be styling the sexy olive strap instead.

Great strap.

I’m with you 100%, that’s my go to look right now for the 968 - this is my humble watch collection at the moment.

I’m going to get a Thomas Handmade strap for the 968, just got the one for the Fiddy in the image from him. The quality is out of control.

Crazy thick but incredibly supple.

Reactions: johnlogan

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Received from Joshua (off course not with the Corrigia-Strap ;-))

Hey mate, can you tell me which PAM model this is? I was guessing it's 688 or 1393 but I am still on L-Plate when it comes to Panerais ;)

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Hey mate, can you tell me which PAM model this is? I was guessing it's 688 or 1393 but I am still on L-Plate when it comes to Panerais ;)

;-)

No Problem, you are welcome. Its a 1033 from VSF. 688 is 42mm, this one is 44mm. And the 1393 is a different watch without GMT and with white numbers and dials and also 42mm.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Thanks, mate. Does the GMT actually work on the reps? Most interested in the 688 although I know it's hard to get the VSF right now.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Thanks, mate. Does the GMT actually work on the reps? Most interested in the 688 although I know it's hard to get the VSF right now.

Yep, the GMT works fine. Its a 12h-GMT-Function like on the Gen. And what the 688 is concerned - just ask your TD. Many VSF-Modells are available but at the moment VSF is only delivering every two weeks. But that is no big problem imo.

Reactions: weezkid

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Thanks again, mate, really appreciated. I really want to try Panerai and get away from handling too much Rollies. Looks like it's the 688 for my first piece then!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Great strap.

I’m with you 100%, that’s my go to look right now for the 968 - this is my humble watch collection at the moment.

I’m going to get a Thomas Handmade strap for the 968, just got the one for the Fiddy in the image from him. The quality is out of control.

Crazy thick but incredibly supple.

Superb!!!

Reactions: Rupert Fripp