• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM382 VSF V2 bezel assembly + DIY realign the bezel

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I have always been a big fan of 382. I had to have 5 or 6 of all the different batches. Currently we are at the VSF v2. I had a first VSF V2 in July of last year, and I bought a new one just before CNY. For having both, I will say that we are at 2.1. The difference is the AR and the last receipt does not have an outside AR. As I use it as a true toolwatch, I prefer not to have an external AR.
The "default" of VSFv2 is the shape of the G, and we can do nothing about it. Some are also delivered with a misaligned bezel (12-center-30), so i took pictures to show how to make a super rep an almost perfect watch. The VSF v2.1 :
VChNyX.jpg
The tool i used :
VC7zVg.jpg
and now the bezel. It's just a cap and we can easily realign it :
VChTks.jpg
VCdpzr.jpg
As the bezel is now off, i checked the other part of the bezel assembly to see if the feeling can be better. So i removed the stainless part:
VChjgD.jpg
There is inside the stainless part a groove with the bezel spring retainer. I forgot to take the pict, but there is the same groove on the case :
VChXL8.jpg
So i checked this spring and the VSF one is really tiny :/ (0,2mm). It's only in steel, not even in stainless steel, and mine was completely broken after two months (and several sessions under water!)
VC7Ora.jpg
I bought on the bay a bezel spring retainer "SPRING WIRE LOCK FOR VOSTOK AMPHIBIAN KOMANDIRSKIE WATCH BEZELS"
Ø - 0.5 mm - 8X11mm sides
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/10PC-Stainl...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

VC7ddR.jpg

VC73fy.jpg

This spring is in stainless steel and with good thickness for the bezel and case groove.
VC7V1d.jpg
Inside the groove :
VC7Swd.jpg
If you open the spring, you will get a "lighter" bezel feeling. Now you just have to do the opposite way to replace the bezel :
VCh7Dh.jpg
The best way to align the bezel was to do it with the 12 pearl at 6 (sorry for the wrong angle for the picture):
VCd2AQ.jpg
And now the PAM382 is even better for 10€ delivered and 10 minutes of your time. :)
VCdPlf.jpg
With the new spring, the feeling is way better, firm and precise. I didnt test it on other Submersible but i suppose the other VSF V2 should be identical.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I want to buy a pam 382 Vsf but I don't know where. Could you help me where could I?
Follow this link and read everything there is.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/trusted-dealers

Any TD will likely get 382 for you. The main thing is to familiarize yourself with how they work, rules, and the correct website and email addresses.

This is a large forum, and there is a place for everything, including such questions. (This is not it) ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthur Dore

Rupert Fripp

Supporter
Certified
27/3/21
KOT1917 or any other experts - is this the same bezel removal technique of the vsf Pam968?

Thanks in advance.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Hello.

I have not seen a photo report on the remove bezel PAM968 VSF yet, but I suppose the device should be analogous, or very similar, and the principle of disconnection itself is the same.
However, the bezel itself is structurally different due to the presence of a ceramic insert. An example of how it looked from another factory can be seen here:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/panerai/7765206-pam-684-bezel-fail-advise-needed

Reactions: Rupert Fripp