• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

pam 382 v2 incoming

nikos1974

29/11/10
If this 382 version is not a super rep then I don't know what a super rep is. I believe this one passes for gen anywhere even in boutiques

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
It is confirmed from the factory that this new version is real CuSn8 bronze same as original and different than previous versions. I have to tell you that I own a few CuSn8 buckles and they get patina much much slower than previous 382 and 671 versions. For me these are the best news for the new version

Thanks for the info, and very good news i think too !
My qc (already accepted, so only for info) : "flat pearl", and i think the crown was a little bit different too with the VSF but i cant be sure. The round part above the crown seams to be higher on this version.

OeCQgyH.jpg

fotNpWTh.jpg

7DVttYhh.jpg

d9h01rWh.jpg

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
So on these new movements with the "gen" functions do they hack the seconds back to zero like the gen watches ?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Mine should arrived tomorrow or tuesday I hope. Triangulation is good but soooo long to wait ;)

Reactions: TagHeuerFan1963

CybNoX

23/5/15
So on these new movements with the "gen" functions do they hack the seconds back to zero like the gen watches ?

the P9000 series movement doesn't reset to zero, the P9001 series does.

the edges of the v2 bezel, seems to have a 1mm polished finishing? somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
"Unboxing" (even without any box :) )

ebjG4AA.jpg

Cracked leather seams different but still not as good as quality after market
I7WCLd3.jpg

AR is very good
GYsFzxr.jpg

I had before the KW, ZF and VSFf and i find the bezel a little bit different. It seams the angle is really smoother than before
nBansNc.jpg

tBvtXQt.jpg

The weight is huge. From memory the 382 with leather was near 170g/180g. If someone can compare, perhaps i'm wrong.
ky5Kqbw.jpg

first lemon bath
micyXKl.jpg

Less pink than before ? only the time will permit to know if the material has been changed
Hflyxa3.jpg

sVPpJCV.jpg

Reactions: boutsk

nikos1974

29/11/10
Tell me something, when you look at the dial in a daylight room, can you see your face on the crystal or not?

boutsk

Known Member
17/4/17
How much time into lemon juice? Did you waterproofed/tested it before bathing ?

Sent from the RWI App

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Tell me something, when you look at the dial in a daylight room, can you see your face on the crystal or not?

I think i understand what you mean. Yes i can see my face.

About the dial i will say the color change from fir green to a lighter green in the sunlight.

The index are totally flat. Some picts seams to indicate two tone in the lume application but i havent seen it yet.

I found a change on the bezel. There is two times the same angle on the bezel.

The top corner is taken up at the bottom of the bezel. The whole is rounded. I did not remember that before.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I open the case to put diving silicone into the gasket. I put some blue screw thread lock for the screws of the Crown protector.

I put half an hour the case into the lemon juice and then i use toothpaste to remove completely the small oxydation. This week end i will swim with it into the Mediterranean. It will be the right test to see if the green oxydation will be there this time :)

Reactions: boutsk

nikos1974

29/11/10
It's good if you can see your face because that's how the original is. There was a version from V6F recently with too much AR coating and you couldn't see your face on the crystal. That was very wrong and for a moment I was worried they used that same crystal

trigo

Horology Curious
24/7/18
Im new in the rep world, started digging up on reddit and the forums about a week ago, the PAM382 is my grail watch and as i will never buy the gen one i will get a rep. Why this rep isn't considered a super rep? it seems everything checks.