• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM312 Intense REVIEW + straps comparison

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
I have got some eyecandy for you all. I am not going to do an extensive technical review on this watch, for that I would like to refer to the amazing work [MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] did with his "Reference PAM REVIEW guide".

I would like to give you my personal view on this watch and why I choose this one out of all the models Panerai has to offer.

As it is my first PAM I didn´t want to go too big with a 47mm model, so that is point 1. I didn´t want to go too bling, neither too dull, so I wanted a brushed case with a chrome bezel, CHECK!
On the other hand I wanted it to be an interesting watch, not just second and hour hand and that´s it. This watch has sandwich dial, second @9 and a date, just enough going on to be interesting, but not too much! CHECK!

I wanted the watch to be as much as a SUPERREP as possible.

I absolutely love the ASSO straps, but access to different straps and interchanging straps on the PAM is extremely easy, so that wasn´t something I had to take into account while choosing a particular model.

All this eventually brought me to the 312, eventhough it comes with a black gator strap, which is also really nice!!
Now an extra nice touch with this watch to match the ASSO strap I wanted is the beige lettering on the dial, perfect!

There are several versions of this watch, so I studied ALE´s guide carefully and eventually went with the KW V6 FACTORY O SERIES V2. The movement has the NON-inverted layout like GEN, the only thing not correct is the balance wheel @6 instead of @7 in the GEN.
A false decoration of balance cock replicates the GEN while hiding it´s own behind the false escapement wheel and the regulation device.a This seagull is quite reliable and therefor the best version.

So now I had a watch, I still needed the ASSO strap. A real one would set me back more money than the watch itself, so I went out hunting the internet for straps. I found the Paneristi forum and read about where the guys get straps for their GENS.
This brought me to WACCEX, a German company that hand makes straps at very reasonable prices! I found on their site a model that comes closest to the ASSO, so I ordered it and the waiting started all over again... But then the mailman knocked on the door and I couldn´t wait to switch the strap!

As the watch came with the Panerai tool to change the strap and the reps nail it, it was an easy job! To me the watch is perfect now, it gets a lot of wristtime and I enjoy it a lot!

I leave you with a bunch of eye candy and feel free to ask and comment!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend

Thanks for your kind words

You have really got one of the best reps on the market. It has a strong gen-like appearance, which is an attribute that I am personally appreciating more and more lastly, even over the strong accuracy.
I see too that your watch, like mine one, has no very brownish inscriptions on dial and looks really accurate.

I have to admit that your Asso strps looks really good and the suede and craftsmanship seem of great quality.

Nice combo you have got. Congrats

I will include this link in PAM GUIDE

Rep points added

ALE

kingcrab

Known Member
17/12/15
hi OP, do you have the link for the strap supplier? TIA

NVM, i found them thx

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
Hi [MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION]
It is thanks to you that I ended up with this rep. I have your excell list that helped me filter requirements and the guide to read indept info on all the models. I did my homework for weeks, but without it I wouldn't have been able to do it in months!
The inscription is creamy on mine, definitely not brown, gives it a bit more of a vintage touch. I think it would also look great with a "74" strap!!
So now I go down in history as being part of your PAM bible, what an honour, yes sir!

Marcdk

Horology Curious
7/11/15
Your post really made my life much easier...
I have been having the absolute exact demands for my first panerai....

Can you help me, and tell where you got the watch from?
Also what name is the strap from waccex?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi @ALE7575
It is thanks to you that I ended up with this rep. I have your excell list that helped me filter requirements and the guide to read indept info on all the models. I did my homework for weeks, but without it I wouldn't have been able to do it in months!
The inscription is creamy on mine, definitely not brown, gives it a bit more of a vintage touch. I think it would also look great with a "74" strap!!
So now I go down in history as being part of your PAM bible, what an honour, yes sir!

You are welcome
El post lo merecía. Me alegro de haberte sido útil

Saludos
ALE

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
[MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] Gracias a ti! Aunque con este review se me llena la bandeja de entrada de preguntas de donde lo compré, pasame el link del reloj, pasame el link de la correa etc LOL

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
@ALE7575 Gracias a ti! Aunque con este review se me llena la bandeja de entrada de preguntas de donde lo compré, pasame el link del reloj, pasame el link de la correa etc LOL

Es el peso de la fama. jajaja

ALE

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Is it safe to say that the V6 factory has corrected the font color? It would be great if that's the case.

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
[MENTION=37134]granvino[/MENTION] It's save to say that mine came correct. Also I rejected one that had a screw missing in the movement, and that one also had the correct font color... So I guess that they fixed it, otherwise I was lucky twice...

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
The description of this movement sounds fun, but most of the time an altered movement ends up being a time bomb.... I am not saying this is the case, but I would not take the risk.... Maybe [MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] knows more about this one?

Well, your review has persuaded me to purchase one!

My only trouble is whether this new JF version with new movement (and higher price) is worth getting over the KWv2 that you have. I did a quick search around and cant see any comparisons - so you or anyone has a view, I would appreciate the advice.

http://puretime.watch/product/pam312-r-jf-11-best-edition-on-black-leather-strap-p9000-clone/

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Well, your review has persuaded me to purchase one!

My only trouble is whether this new JF version with new movement (and higher price) is worth getting over the KWv2 that you have. I did a quick search around and cant see any comparisons - so you or anyone has a view, I would appreciate the advice.

http://puretime.watch/product/pam312-r-jf-11-best-edition-on-black-leather-strap-p9000-clone/

The description of this movement sounds fun, but most of the time an altered movement ends up being a time bomb.... I am not saying this is the case, but I would not take the risk.... Maybe @ALE7575 knows more about this one?

This new movement is not at all a Clone it is a decorated Asian like P.9000
It has some features similar to the gen but have also some important inaccuracies even on dial layout (seconds subdial axle and date window and date fonts)
Read the problems of these new movements in PAM GUIDE Carbotech PAM 616 last version from JF (it is the same)

ALE

PaMister

Known Member
19/5/14
Is it safe to say that the V6 factory has corrected the font color? It would be great if that's the case.

If you ask me, no. Lume is too green and inscriptions are too brown. Dial is also not as black as it should be but with a slight brown tint. Still better than I had or it can be just the bright lightning.

gen:

PAM-312-2.jpg

rep:

pam312%2520fake.jpg

forevernoob

Known Member
23/12/15
Which dealer did you purchase from, if you don't mind me asking? Looking for a 312 as my first rep as well.

forevernoob

Known Member
23/12/15
Also, which strap is that? This combo looks amazing and I'm excited to get this combination. It looked like the light brown vertigo buffalo. Can you confirm?

Thanks!!