• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PC Team*} Review of the V6F PAM 512 Radiomir1940 Acciaio

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
January not only marked the introduction of the most number of new Submersible reps, but also the release of many 42mm replicas, like the PAM512, PAM338 and the PAM337. I went with the newest Radiomir 1940 rep, the PAM00512.

pam00512_front.png
The original watch was released two years ago in 2013, along with the PAM513, PAM514 and PAM515, the first being the same watch albeit in Rose Gold and the latter two being 47mm Radiomir 1940s. The pairs of Radiomir 1940s also differed in the movement used, with the PAM512 and PAM513 using the P.999 movement while the larger PAMs using the P.3000 movement. Both in-house movements are manual wind.

The replica came from TSWatch (Mark) although the V6F PAM512 can be bought from any other TDs as it is not an exclusive release. This review will be short as there aren't that many features but I will go through the same format.

CASE : MIDDLE CASE, CG, BEZEL
The case is a polished stainless steel case of the Radiomir 1940s design. It is a hybrid in that it does not have a crownguard like conventional Radiomirs, however the lug system is copying the use of fixed lugs in Luminors, rather than lug wires in the conventional Radiomir case. The size is 42mm, with the lug width at 22mm, the same as would a Luminor case of the same size. I do not have a wristshot of the watch as apparently, the rep strap at the smallest hole still does not fit me (as in it is too large :unsure: ). I do have a picture of the watch though. :)
QQdH9y1.png

The case is a slim cushion profile, similar to the PAM532, Paneristi Forever limited edition, although in a smaller format.
FIMXzVr.png
xd0mk1l.png

The strap change system is the same in that it is not screw-in but using a springbar mechanism to remove the lugbar to be able to change the strap.
erC69Fz.png

There is no crown guard to the 1940s series so no comparison. The crown though has the lovely OP logo in a relief on the face.
y46YtBK.png

The bezel is the same as gen, polished steel. Nothing remarkable to report. :)

DIAL : DIAL, SUBDIAL, MARKERS, CP
The dial is black with patinated luminous hour markers and the hand lume matching the color of the hour markers. The color I initially thought should be a little bit more orange in the rep based on my first pictures, but after retaking them, the color looks to be fine. The RADIOMIR PANERAI text is placed nicely on the dial and is of the correct shade. Left is rep, right is gen.

First shot
NcLMca7.png
7wldOhH.png

Second shot
These were taken in slightly different lighting and the lume color is now better.
6KfVrsG.png
HGFCtAT.png

The subdial placement is fine but the color needs to be a little more patinated or orangey same as the hands and hour markers.

The CP is sunken and not by a small margin.
nWISR2K.png
However, RG member ATEspo has shown pictures that the CP is sunken even in gens. So the CP is a non-issue.

CASEBACK
The caseback is a display one, and as such shows the nice looking movement, albeit rotated 180 degrees compared to the gen.
JAQFZOU.png
x0LyTG4.png

Jt5ktK1.png

The serial number is nicely engraved on the back. Nothing to complain abour.
8NsZcch.png

The all important lume shot:
yikuVhQ.png
Va4n4Xe.png

Here is a wrist shot showing the size of the PAM512 with another recent arrival the PAM569. The solo wrist shot is at the lume color shot earlier.
6StYSBj.png
R6r69hn.png

I can only classify the PAM512 rep as a first class rep of high level, considering the differences between it and the gen. You'll have to accept that the movement cannot be replaced as of the moment and good looking as it is, anyone with a passing knowledge of the gen would know the difference.

I hope that you guys find the review useful. It is a good rep, especially for those whom the 44mm PAMs are simply too big for their wrists. :D

kulubot

28/6/13
Great review bro! Would you happen to know how thicker the rep is as compared to gen?

Mm..mm

Known Member
6/9/11
CONUS
Great Review Sir! Any opinion on the movement and how reliable it is?

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Mysterio,

How does it wear with dress shirts? Normal and cuffed... Any other impressions throughout the time it's on your wrist?

:)

TauHway

Known Member
31/1/12
Thanks for the review Mysterio! The text printing on the rep seems isn't as sharp as on the gen, although it probably isn't as noticeable in normal real life conditions yes?

Would you mind measuring the vertical lug to lug length? Thank you in advance.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thanks for the review Mysterio! The text printing on the rep seems isn't as sharp as on the gen, although it probably isn't as noticeable in normal real life conditions yes?

Would you mind measuring the vertical lug to lug length? Thank you in advance.

No it is not noticeable, especially at arm's length. Vertical lug to lug end to end is 49mm.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Another great review mate, thanks :)

Lume color looks way better in wristshots, much closer to the gen color. Also, I had the impression from the dealer's pics that lume on hands and dial didn't match, but it doesn't look so in your pics.

Movement looks good to me even if it's upside down.

Regarding the thickness of the case, I did not find the gen measures so I can't say precisely, but the rep looks pretty thin in pics compared to the other models, also confirmed by Fiddo's rep measurement of 13 mm.

I think this is a great choice for those who want a smaller PAM.
I wonder if they could adapt this movement on a 8 days Luminor case...

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Another great review mate, thanks :)

Lume color looks way better in wristshots, much closer to the gen color. Also, I had the impression from the dealer's pics that lume on hands and dial didn't match, but it doesn't look so in your pics.

Movement looks good to me even if it's upside down.

Regarding the thickness of the case, I did not find the gen measures so I can't say precisely, but the rep looks pretty thin in pics compared to the other models, also confirmed by Fiddo's rep measurement of 13 mm.

I think this is a great choice for those who want a smaller PAM.
I wonder if they could adapt this movement on a 8 days Luminor case...

What PAM are you thinking of adapting the movement for? :thinking:

Rusell Price

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/11/13
Nice review Mysterio, and superb information about!

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I hope my wife don't see this review [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone 6

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Thank you for reviewing this! Can't wait for the other 42mm reviews..

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Excellent. I'm awaiting mine (more likely seized by customs---been stuck in Chicago for a week along with two other reps ordered :facepalm:). How's the AR coating? I'm not familiar with PAM AR (another reason for ordering) and would like to know if the 512 is a good representation of Panerai AR treatment.

EBE

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/10
Missouri
I think that this is going to definitely be my next PAM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jojopower

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/2/15
Thanks for the great review. Tempting to get one .

Saltwater

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/2/15
Very nice review, was looking for a 42mm PAM, and this seems like a no brainer. Thank you very much.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Congrats mysterio for this nice review

Sorry. For some reason I thought I had answered this review but, most likely, I forgot to click "Post quick reply"

The watch seems OK overall

But, as I expected, I don't like the movement and especially the blue screws

Dial inscriptions seem a bit bolder than gen.
Is not the rep thicker than gen??

Anyway nice watch for small wrists
ALE

nigelgel

Known Member
22/1/15
Thanks for the review! Was looking for a 42mm pam review. It looks good but the movement is a little bit disappointing.