• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(*PC Team*} Review of the V6F PAM 569 Luminor Submersible 1950 Destro Titanio

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
With the deluge of PAM Submersible reps that were released last month, I felt like a kid having to choose from a pile of gifts (coincidentally, it was my birth month :D ). There were so many choices, each with their own unique characteristics, 508 (Ceramic), 571 (Yacht's Challenge 10th year), 371 (Blue dial) and the 569 (Destro, hobnail). As I just parted with my last destro watch (sold to a friend who was leaving the country) and I have never had a hobnail dial PAM before, I decided on getting the PAM 00569 Luminor Submersible 1950 Left-Handed 3 Days Automatic Titanio. :D

V6F PAM00569 Review
pam00569_front.png

The original watch was released as a special edition of 1000 pieces during the 2014 SIHH (Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie) which is arguably one of the, if not the, biggest horological event in the world for luxury watches, kind of like the CES or MWC of luxury watches. The description for the watch is as follows:

The new Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible Left-handed Titanio PAM00569 is a Special Edition made in 1000 pieces with a 47mm case in brushed titanium, a material resistant to corrosion by salt water as well as to acids, alkalies and industrial chemical products. Strong like steel but much lighter, titanium is also very comfortable on the wrist. The PAM 569 features the winding crown and its trademarked protection device at 9 o'clock, on the left hand side of the case, making it the perfect choice for those who likes to wear the watch on the right wrist. The dial is characterised by the unusual hobnail decoration (Clous de Paris) and the vintage coloured luminescent coating used for the hands, the circular and baton hour markers, and the lume dot on the rotating bezel at 12 o'clock. Water resistant to 300 metres / 1000 feet, this new Luminor Submersible 1950 model is powered by the automatic P.9000 manufacture calibre beating at 28,800 vibrations per hour and offering 3 days of power reserve thanks to two barrels.

It is kind of amazing and terrifying (if you work in the Swiss Watch industry) that the time to replicate is going shorter and shorter, the latest example of which is the PAM604 which is half finished barely two weeks after its announcement at the SIHH 2015. But that's for another time. :) My review watch was purchased from TSWatch, but you could get it at your favorite Trusted Dealer. As I ordered it during this period of slight adjustments to the rep, I would suggest you mention to your dealer to get you the latest version with the flush CP (although I also mentioned to check the pearl). I changed the strap from the included rep strap (it's too big for me on the smallest hole :( ) to a Simona black leather strap with ecru stitching which complements the patina lume dial and sewn in buckle which fortunately matches the titanium case. So on to the review proper.

First off, it is such a beautiful watch to behold in person. The play of light on the brushed and polished surfaces make it such a joy to wear. Obligatory wrist shot then gen on the right:
QHZtSm5.png
QYajwlB.jpg

CASE : MIDDLE CASE, CG, BEZEL​

The case is your typical 47mm 1950s case, same as the Sinstro (or right-handed) PAM382 "Bronzo". As this is a V6F (or otherwise known as KW) release, it can be distinguished for now but the characteristic chamfer on the crown guard. Photos separated from left to right.​
XqGGzJu.png
S188BIV.png

The bezel has a slight chamfer, which fortunately for the PAM569, is executed on the V6F version (its Bronzo bezel was one of that particular rep's failures) and highly polished, which gives it a very luxurious look. Whole watch then close-up and side view.​
o686pVK.png

mTV86hH.png
cp264Gl.png

I did notice that on the gen, the chamfer on the underside of the bezel is bigger than on the rep. It is something that is not visible most of the time since you are looking at the watch directly at the face, but thought I'd mention for completeness' sake. Gen photo.
RbS7CFZ.png

The bezel dots and numbered markers are polished to a high level as well, making them float above the brushed bezel which has a circular brushing. The text on the numbered bezels are clear and crisp.
TUHlSZW.png

SREodRD.png
Kl0IYgH.png

The pearl, a very sore point for the PAM508, is fortunately, well shaped, with the lume deposited in the cavity and then the clear resin is poured over and probably finished in a way that it looks rounded.

fdB8aDY.png

The lugs on one side has the QR system which is typical among automatic PAMs, except for the bronze and ceramic ones.
fp2Ppit.png

Lug holes are nicely placed, not too close to the edge.
KplFI5K.png

DIAL : DIAL, SUBDIAL, MARKERS, CP
The dial has a waffle/hobnail dial effect, formally called the Clous de Paris (translated Nails of Paris). It is evident on the dial shots later that the execution is perfect, uniform and not a square out of proportion. :)

The subdial has a superb matte finish with nicely finished markers, lumed and un-lumed. The subdial hand is the same length as gen.
BS3pWh1.png

The lume on the dots and the line markers aren't as even as I'd like, but take note these are macro shots taken with a macro lens attachment. I couldn't see them with my naked eye up close, never mind at an arm's length
a9BfIoS.png
eyw9Zlh.png

The cannon pinion, which was markedly sunken and at the same time was pointed, was commented on by some members. Now if that was a direct result of forum feedback, we don't know. It is certainly appreciated that the fix was made quickly by the factory.
t0RqRHU.png

The date in the window is nice and centered. There is no white line which shows the cutout for the window like in some reps. The bright area on the bottom of the date window is from sunlight coming from the other direction.
KA2VlZn.png

CASEBACK
The caseback has the usual markings, except for the PIG, which is same as the one in the PAM390, below the FIRENZE 1860 text. Nicely done, not shallow nor Marianas trench deep.
9DOj2kr.png

The serial number is Q series with the correct millesimation of 1000.
4H5puG4.png

LUME
Well, I was only able to get one decent lume shot. But it wasn't something surprising anyway. :lol: Nuclear lume. With ambient light and in total darkness.
fKMUj00.png
yWhnqNX.png

EXTRA SHOTS
Some extra macro shots. :)
V4yP9ct.png
z1W9QMv.png

iLDmM1T.png
U7c277b.png

rpirf4Q.png
n7h3Ics.png

So there you go, the review of the V6F PAM569. If someone lends me their ZF I can make a comparo but I don't see anything on the ZF that would be better, honestly speaking. In light of the tells on the rep which cannot be seen with the naked eye (lume dots) nor knowledge of the gen construction (bigger chamfer on the underside of the bezel), I would be confident in saying this is at least a very high-level first class if not a super replica (IMHO of course). Thank you for reading. :)
iOnPY54.png

PerryJ

Known Member
25/12/14
is it me or does the date window look weird on that side? idk just looks weird to me....

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
is it me or does the date window look weird on that side? idk just looks weird to me....

It's probably just you. I can adjust my expectations on where the date will appear other than the expected 3 o'clock area, especially for Destros. Maybe it's not for you if you can't get your head around it. You would be missing out though. It's probably the first super rep of 2015. :)

walkingcloud

Renowned Member
10/7/12
Great review. I just got mine yesterday from the post office and Id have to agree with you. It's an amazing replica. Maybe even my favorite panerai

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
many thanks Mysterio for your post. Superb pictures and review as usual :) I am now sold on this new Destro :) cheers

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thank you for the words of encouragement. :) Maybe one or two more coming up. :D

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Cool , Cannot wait, did you get the 508 ? have you provided your insights on her yet ? cheers :)

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
Impressive review. Now I want this sub, too. :/ :)

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Cool , Cannot wait, did you get the 508 ? have you provided your insights on her yet ? cheers :)

It was a case of too many reps, too little funds. :lol: I have four other PAMs that came in; a 42mm, a cali 47mm and a set of black and white dialed PAMs. ;)

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
I was out of PAMs for a while and got into APs but those are just getting too expensive. The super PAMs that are coming out are really good and unique .... and dame cheap comparing to the APs!

Abba Zabba Zoo

13/12/12
Thanks Mysterio. Very useful, complete review. Your pics are just awesome! These are ridiculously expensive months for PAM addicts already, and this doesn't help ;-)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great review and pics, apart from a bit of difference in pearl shape and the polished bottom of the bezel I can't see any significant difference with gen.
I think it would be interesting to evaluate if the case used is the same as 389, which was slightly different from gen as spotted by Polonus.
Otherwise I can't see how a rep could be better than this OOTB.
Enjoy it! :)

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
About case of KW 389 and other subs from this maker: 388 has a bit unusual case shape - KW decided to do case the way it matches MOST of 47mm subs. In this case that "most common" case shape is the correct one.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Thank you so much mysterio for your great review. This rep is superb! Top notch. I was really impressed from the bezel, excellent in every detail, and from the dial. Overall is an high quality watch. The AR looks extremely clear, right? I'm going to order one (and I dont like the 47mm subs ;) )

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Awesome review mysterio!

One thing I didn't get right though.
Do you mean that ZF's 47mm subs CGs aren't chamfered at all or is it just the 569?

The reason I'm asking is because my 389 "P" has chamfered CGs as well. And it's supposed to be ZF.

As this is a V6F (or otherwise known as KW) release, it can be distinguished for now but the characteristic chamfer on the crown guard. Photos separated from left to right.[/LEFT]
XqGGzJu.png
S188BIV.png

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Awesome review mysterio!

One thing I didn't get right though.
Do you mean that ZF's 47mm subs CGs aren't chamfered at all or is it just the 569?

The reason I'm asking is because my 389 "P" has chamfered CGs as well. And it's supposed to be ZF.

Actually my ZF PAM389 does not have a chamfer, so it's possible you got an updated version. It was a big issue in the PAM382 ZF vs KW wars, even when ZF released their V2, the CG was still unchamfered. It may vary from model to model. From the sales ads, the ZF PAM569 again does not have chamfering on the CG. It is mind boggling how they can replicate some features so perfectly and then stumble on simple things like that.

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
I got mine today, absolutely love it! the pearl on mine isn't nice and slightly domed like the one on mysterio's, mines flat and a bit dull, no shine. but hey at least the colour matches the markers and the lume is good. all in all I'm very happy, she's definitely a keeper!