• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 448... the first ootb rep I don't have to mod FTW!!!

projectologist

2/12/08
Picked this one up last night locally... love having a Rad on my wrist again
smile1.gif

Fit and finish is very good. The dial lume is accurate and although it's hard to show in a pic, they nailed the dark gray dial finish (not black like the 249 Cali dial). Plexi has the correct shape and distortion.

Hands are accurate with clean edges, blue in some light, black in others just like OEM and with the proper sheen. All engravings are clean
and the proper depth.

448c.jpg

448d.jpg

448a.jpg

448b.jpg

I've seen comments referring to the "8" being slightly off, so here is a pic of the gen I grabbed from an ad. Verdict... the "8" on the rep dial is close enough for my OCD burdened eyes :p4gtr:

Gen on the left... obvious WB difference between cameras, so don't compare colors ;)
gen448a.jpg
448d.jpg

D

d4m.test

Gorgeous B,

I want this!

If you say the 8 is kosher then I follow your lead. I think the comments that were made were based on Lume variation.

Overall this is an incredible rep from the pics I have seen. How's the cushion shape and crown compared to gen? Looks good from what I can see.

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
That thing looks so good. I'm going to have to pick one up

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
+1

Lovely watch, I'm still torn between this and the 449 though... decisions decisions :thinking:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
As commented by Grim I also would like to know your opinion about cushion shape and edges-corners
And about CP too, is the rep really much smaller?

Nice to see you like this rep, this is a good new
I trust you, I'm going to it

ALE

projectologist

2/12/08
As commented by Grim I also would like to know your opinion about cushion shape and edges-corners
And about CP too, is the rep really much smaller?

Nice to see you like this rep, this is a good new
I trust you, I'm going to it

ALE

Edge corners look good (that is evident in pics 3 and 4). Pillow case is the right thickness to accommodate the 3-day movement (the gen is slightly thicker than the thinner PAM249 Cali for this reason).

The CP looks good on the wrist. It depends on the lighting and angle of the watch as the CP itself has a slightly softened edge as well as the minute hand's inner opening edge. When the CP edge reflects the darker edge of the hand it looks slightly smaller. When it does not (as in the pic below) the CP looks slightly larger. CP size is esssentially a non-issue on the wrist :)

I love the dial. Below is a phone pic to show just how nice dial and hands really are... although it doesn't look like it, lume application is perfect, just got a little wonky looking when I tried sharpening the pic with an in-phone edit.

448dial01.jpg

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
i have the 448 as well and it's probably one of my favourite, if not my favourite rep out of all the ones i have right now. have to agree with you mate it's absolutely beautiful and a very well made rep, no complaints at all. plus i've always loved the cali dial and was waiting for the rep makers to finally produce a good cali dial rep.

here's mine on oem mx calf gold (trying to mimic the 249 haha)

projectologist

2/12/08
i have the 448 as well and it's probably one of my favourite, if not my favourite rep out of all the ones i have right now. have to agree with you mate it's absolutely beautiful and a very well made rep, no complaints at all. plus i've always loved the cali dial and was waiting for the rep makers to finally produce a good cali dial rep.

I hope they do a 249 soon. The 448 gen dial is a dark gray, so it's not as black as the gen 249 dial. Also the uncharged lume is a slightly different color/shade and the 249 dial says L SWISS MADE L at the bottom vs 448's L SWISS L. Last dial difference is the 448's RR track is in a little more in from the outer edge than the 249's. The gen 448 case is thicker as well as subtle bezel and plexi shape differences... other than all that...

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13
I hope they do a 249 soon. The 448 gen dial is a dark gray, so it's not as black as the gen 249 dial. Also the uncharged lume is a slightly different color/shade and the 249 dial says L SWISS MADE L at the bottom vs 448's L SWISS L. Last dial difference is the 448's RR track is in a little more in from the outer edge than the 249's. The gen 448 case is thicker as well as subtle bezel and plexi shape differences... other than all that...

yea I know the 249 is thinner cos of the eta movement, but didnt know there were so many differences in the dial apart from the dial colour. thanks for that :) I have an oem ranger in 27/22 that I tried on my 448 and I didn't really like the look of it, prefer the gold mx strap actually. not just cos it's the 249 strap but in terms of colour combo and all that. suits it better imo. but as for Cali dial reps I think I'm more than happy with this one. for now... haha

enthusiastic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/13
Damn it Pam, I already have 3, look like I have to go for the 4th one now. :( This isn't healthy for my piggy bank.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Edge corners look good (that is evident in pics 3 and 4). Pillow case is the right thickness to accommodate the 3-day movement (the gen is slightly thicker than the thinner PAM249 Cali for this reason).

The CP looks good on the wrist. It depends on the lighting and angle of the watch as the CP itself has a slightly softened edge as well as the minute hand's inner opening edge. When the CP edge reflects the darker edge of the hand it looks slightly smaller. When it does not (as in the pic below) the CP looks slightly larger. CP size is esssentially a non-issue on the wrist :)

I love the dial. Below is a phone pic to show just how nice dial and hands really are... although it doesn't look like it, lume application is perfect, just got a little wonky looking when I tried sharpening the pic with an in-phone edit.

Thanks projecto for your comments and observations

Yes I like the case of PAM 448 and the lume application is awesome.

I have enlarged pics by silverclaw. The markers are really made fulfilling a little cavity which the contours can be seen in above pics of 5 / 6 and 8 markers. We can also see the grainy of the lume material a bit more uneven and marked than gen.

PAM448-5-6MARKERS_zpsaca29c1b.jpg

PAM448-8MARKER_zpsd131b28e.jpg

PAM448-8ampSTICKLUME_zps62e2b029.jpg

For more info read the complete thread started by silverclaw
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=186105

But I really don't understand why the case of PAM 449 seems, on catalogues, to have much more squared corners than PAM 448, since surely it is the same case. SEE BELOW POST

Nice to see that CP not seem as smaller as on catalogues

I will include this thread in PAM GUIDE.

Thanks again

ALE

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Below the corners of the cushion shape on catalogues of PAM 448 and 449
Note the differences, PAM 448 has sharper and softer corners, PAM 449 has much more squared corners
Please bear in mind I'm talking about CATALOGUE PICS

PAM448CORNERScopiar_zpse3143392.jpg

PAM449CORNERScopiar_zps75f19924.jpg

ALE

Brains_eye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/12
What a wonderful piece .. I think I know what I will get next...

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
5atedaty.jpg

Simply lovely on a DIStef oozes awesome

nicktan182

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/13

beautiful combo mate. it's the 449 with p3000 clone right? the RP engraving and sandwich dial cutouts look pretty good looking at your picture. awesome watch :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

beautiful combo mate. it's the 449 with p3000 clone right? the RP engraving and sandwich dial cutouts look pretty good looking at your picture. awesome watch :)

Yes the combo is awesome, congrats

Could we have macro pics of the cutouts depth and the engravings quality and depth?

That would be very appreciated

Thanks in advance

ALE