• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 253 Regatta photo review

gbcn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/12
Good day!

I just want to share some pics of mi PAM 253. This is a Regatta special edition made in 2006, 500 pieces. This is a chrono in a 1950 case, in my opinion one of the nicest chronos Panerai has ever done. I love the domed glass.

I think this rep is made by H fac and it has an a7750 which has been working fine. I just changed the rubber strap for one aftermarket that is more like the gen.

Hope you like my pics!

Regards

Gbcn

Reactions: Karlchen

TimeDelux

Renowned Member
10/5/14
Oh this is beautiful, I have mine incoming and i am still looking for a great strap, where did you get your, because the carbon style matches the dial so nicely :)

lvyelion

17/9/13
Great pics!
Funny thing is, I was just wondering which is better, the 253 Flyback or the 286 Rattrapante. Both the same style but neither can have super reps

leandim

Known Member
1/9/11
Indeed one of the nicest chrono pams. Great strap !
Congrats ! Lovely images !

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Great pics!
Funny thing is, I was just wondering which is better, the 253 Flyback or the 286 Rattrapante. Both the same style but neither can't have super reps

Since both are inaccurate with regards to the movement, go with the PAM that you prefer most. I read that a factory is working on the rattrapante movement but until it becomes a reality, the choice between the 253 and the 286 is a matter of personal taste.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Beautiful pics and great watch, thanks for sharing!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks gbcn

I agree PAM 253 is one of the nicest PAM chrono if not the nicest one

Your pics are awesome and many people will fall in love with this watch after seeing them

I will include this link in PAM GUIDE

ALE

ColPanic

17/11/13
Great watch! Awesome strap!! Anyone made a rep of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

designerpickups

16/10/13
I still don't the difference between the 253 and 286 other than the false flyback and rattrapante. They look identical to me with their flawed movements. Can someone please explain?

gbcn

18/7/12
Thank You all for your comments on my pics!! I really enjoyed taking them!

Regards
G

gbcn

18/7/12
I just purchased mine (aftermarket) from timepiecerepublic at "the bay". I purchased XL size since regular sice of 75x115 is a bit short for my wrist of 20 cm.

It s a very nice strap for its price

Regards

G

Great watch! Awesome strap!! Anyone made a rep of it?

gbcn

18/7/12
You are right, the easiest way to spot these reps is looking at the movements. If you know that the caliber OPXIX from the PAM286 has a double column wheel mechanism, then you can see the rep lacks this mechanism. See here in this pics how the double column wheel looks like. There are many videos on youtube explaining how it works.

Otherwise, if you see any of these watches on somebody wrist, it is not that easy to spot a rep. So, buy whichever that sings to you and enjoy!

Regards

G

I still don't the difference between the 253 and 286 other than the false flyback and rattrapante. They look identical to me with their flawed movements. Can someone please explain?

gbcn

18/7/12
Chrono works as any standard chrono: start, stop and reset. Blue hand and 30 minutes counter work as usual. However, you can not start and reset it without stoping first as does a flyback.

So do the chronos at least work as standard chronos are these dials decorative only?

ColPanic

17/11/13
You are right, the easiest way to spot these reps is looking at the movements. If you know that the caliber OPXIX from the PAM286 has a double column wheel mechanism, then you can see the rep lacks this mechanism. See here in this pics how the double column wheel looks like. There are many videos on youtube explaining how it works.

Otherwise, if you see any of these watches on somebody wrist, it is not that easy to spot a rep. So, buy whichever that sings to you and enjoy!

Regards

G

Anyone who knows what a double column wheel is will probably not ever be fooled by a rep movement. But 99% of watch wearers and 99.9% of the world would have no idea.