• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

504 KW pics + mini review

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
PAM 504 KW version

Model: PAM 504
Movement: decorated a6497
Maker: Kuvarsit
Dealer: Stead (Supermirrors)

One of my latest purchases is the kw 504, a rep that's visually almost perfect, at least in front view ;)

The overall building quality is very high, at least on par with my best reps, and with a distinct gen-like feeling to it. This is my first kw rep, and I'm pretty impressed.
The gen case is made of a special ceramic composite material, which is obviously quite hard and expensive to replicate. KW maker has chosen to replicate its look through a sandblasted stainless steel case that is dlc coated as a final treatment. The result is impressive at first sight, the finish is matte with a slight rough/grainy feel at the touch, while the cushion shaped case curves and angles are sharp and very well defined.

The watch features a tobacco dial with vintage lumed numbers and little seconds subdial at nine.
Crystal is sapphire, plain shaped, with outer AR coating.

Again execution is very good, great color of the dial, numbers are deeply engraved and prints are super crisp, correct color of both.

Hands are a bright golden shade, almost rose gold in certain light conditions. I think in this case gen color is more yellow, but I like how they look nonetheless.
Close-up pics show the recessed CP issue here, however hard to be seen with the naked eye.

On the back we have a smoked crystal showing the movement. In this version it's a decorated a6497 with deeply engraved inscriptions on plates, nice effort but any connoisseur will spot it immediately.
In my opinion this is the only noticeable flaw, together with the wrong weight due to the ss case instead of composite.

As you can see, my watch shows a scratch on the inner side of the back crystal, that's just to remind me these are reps and will never be perfect :) oh well, I'll try sourcing a new one... At least so far I had no problem with stripped lug screws, I have to say though that I haven't changed the strap yet ;)

Anyway, all in all this is a great rep IMHO, and I'm very pleased with it, here are some more pics, just to show its goodness:

Lume shot!

And a wristy :)

As usual feel free to point out any inaccuracies or wrong statements, I will happily edit the post accordingly.
Thanks guys and thanks rwi

:cheers:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi kilowattore

Firstly congrats for this nice watch

Your pictorial and review are very nice and shows perfectly the features of this magnificent replica from KW
It is a shame the recessed CP

I will include asap in PAM GUIDE and will add rep points to you

Thanks again
ALE

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Quick photo of mine. Ofrei has the cannon pin and hour wheel to flush the hands and part numbers are listed below. I ordered some brushed hands for this one (think it might give a more vintage look) so once those are installed, the pin can be brought up to the new hands. Hands have to be filed a bit as well to flush on the pin.

Cannon pin / height - 3.15 / part number UT6497240H315
hour wheel / height - 2.65 / part number UT6497240H215

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks guys and thanks ALE!

Cheesemonger, huge thanks to you for the precious info! I'm not able to do the CP mod myself, but I'll see if my watchsmith can do it for me 'cause it's a mod that adds a lot to the watch, again thanks for the parts numbers :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Quick photo of mine. Ofrei has the cannon pin and hour wheel to flush the hands and part numbers are listed below. I ordered some brushed hands for this one (think it might give a more vintage look) so once those are installed, the pin can be brought up to the new hands. Hands have to be filed a bit as well to flush on the pin.

Cannon pin / height - 3.15 / part number UT6497240H315
hour wheel / height - 2.65 / part number UT6497240H215

Wow Chessem
This is a really interesting info
Have you already tried personally that?
Have you got some pics of the modd?

Thanks in advance

ALE

Rusell Price

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/11/13
Very nice and pro review! Thnks

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Wow Chessem
This is a really interesting info
Have you already tried personally that?
Have you got some pics of the modd?

Thanks in advance

ALE

I had Katt perform the mod for me, so no pictures of the in process modification. The only change I want to do now are the brushed hands. I found a seller that had the correct hand lengths on eBay, so I placed an order. I think the brushed hands might give a more vintage look than the shiny hands.

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Thanks guys and thanks ALE!

Cheesemonger, huge thanks to you for the precious info! I'm not able to do the CP mod myself, but I'll see if my watchsmith can do it for me 'cause it's a mod that adds a lot to the watch, again thanks for the parts numbers :)
You are welcome.
:)