• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Pam 372 Gen Vs Rep Review

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Just got the latest Pam 372 with updated movement . So here's a mini side by side comparison with the gen 372 :

Not good at words ..so here's some pictures . overall case is good .weight is slightly lighter on the rep . The Panerai Stickers on the movement plates are a bit too blue . Dial is awesome on this version's rep as well as lume . Awesome rep by this maker for the price . :biggrin:

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
nice comparison !! Thanks for the pictures

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
Awesome comparison.. thanks!

It seems as if the hands have different lume on the rep :/

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Awesome comparison.. thanks!

It seems as if the hands have different lume on the rep :/

Thank you . yes i believe hands were sourced from a diff suppiler .
One more issue is the plexi glass on the rep is slightly doomed shape . slight taller on the rep . :courage:

karesz501

I'm Pretty Popular
10/8/10
European Union
WOW, thanks for the comparison psycho, rep points on the way for you ;-)

This is a very nice attempt by factories/makers, but I really feel that I need to wait till they get some things better.... Beautiful watch for the money, just bear in mind

you are paying less than 5% (!!!) of the gen's price!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Wow fantastic side by side This new movement is kinda exciting, few improvements and it could be awesome, and that's what I'm looking forward to!

Thanks for sharing mate

Sent from my iPhone 5s Using Tapatalk2 S???R?I?????

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
WOW, thanks for the comparison psycho, rep points on the way for you ;-)

This is a very nice attempt by factories/makers, but I really feel that I need to wait till they get some things better.... Beautiful watch for the money, just bear in mind

you are paying less than 5% (!!!) of the gen's price!

Yes , i believe an updated version will be soon from another factory .
But for this price vs gen's pricing , it's a well done effort . Thank you for the rep points .:courage:

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Wow fantastic side by side?? This new movement is kinda exciting, few improvements and it could be awesome, and that's what I'm looking forward to!

Thanks for sharing mate?

Sent from my ? iPhone 5s Using Tapatalk2 S???R?I?????

Thanks ...heh heh ..

Deeply poisoned by the AP Roo Chrono Michael Schumacher Edition now ..

:angel:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
This is an interesting side by side comparison at this moment
Thanks psychospike to take the time to do it
It seems that rep crystal is even more clear than gen (maybe because it is more new)

I have already included this link in PAM GUIDE
With this fantastic comparison and the clone movement review by Rolexman we have a complete idea about the accuracy and quality of this replica.

Rolexman review here:
http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/166048-movement-review-pam-372-p3000-super-clone/
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=168936&p=1704599#post-1704599Following Rolexman information, this is a new movement no based in other existent movements, with real two barrels, manufacture made carefully with good materials and likely made with some differences to avoid legal problems regarding patents. Different smaller CP would be just a sloppiness. As always many time and money spend to get finally SILLY flaws. But read the review because there are many interesting things to show this is a real step to the clone movement not a simple decoration.

ALE

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
I was ready to pull the trigger on this watch with the new movement. I was very exited about it.

If they started from scratch and replicated the movement why are there so many differences between it and the Gen. Very nice replica but not quite there yet. ;)

Perry

12/5/07
If you look at these photos is it me or does the CP of the gen look smaller than typical Pams? The rep CP does not look far off the mark at all from these pics.

i was considering buying this watch but the green lume on the hands is a nogo for me. I hope the noob factory gets this movement quickly.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
this is a super replica in my book !

redcyrus

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
25/7/12
Superb comparison picts psycho! Love it!

Thanks for taking the effort!!

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
Nice comparison! I'm surprised how I thought the two movements are the same when I first glanced at them

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
thank you for the pic.

the rep lume color is not close to gen imo. the gen looks more old style lume. (darker)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yes, these new clone movements are running with more than 92hrs. of PR at this moment.
What people don't know is that this movement, well regulated, starts running OK fully wound, but is running more and more fast every day and from 48hrs-72hrs is running almost 1 minute fast per day !! and increasing every day...

ALE