• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM1157 [TTF]

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
Personally, I would be very interested in how it would differ from the XCF, apart from the 7750 on the inside.

I really hope for the rubber insert on the crown, e steel engraving on the CG lever, a working system of quick change of the strap, and of course, the dial of this model is not quite typical (wet glossy), and how TTF will cope with this will be really good to see.

Link to XCF version from TT:

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_58&products_id=23849

Several photos of gen that show the specifics of this model:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
A very interesting model, that has deserved a fair Rep-Model. Lets give TTF a chance. I am only skeptical about the quick change system. But if the first fotos are promising, I will give this model a try.

Reactions: KOT1917

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
A very interesting model, that has deserved a fair Rep-Model. Lets give TTF a chance. I am only skeptical about the quick change system. But if the first fotos are promising, I will give this model a try.

If that would be the only problem, I’d consider us lucky. My concerns are on the dial. I worry they won’t get the glossy finish or the color transition right. I would love to be wrong but outside of VsF, other companies have struggle replicating those non traditional dials we have come to love panerai for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
If that would be the only problem, I’d consider us lucky. My concerns are on the dial. I worry they won’t get the glossy finish or the color transition right. I would love to be wrong but outside of VsF, other companies have struggle replicating those non traditional dials we have come to love panerai for.

I am not that pessimistic on the dial. TTF made imo a quite good effort in the also unconventional dial of the 1314. I will give them a chance on the 1157 ;-)

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
I have to search the internet to know what esteel meant. Marketing gimmick. My concern is the rubberized crown: will it melt or become sticky over time.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I have to search the internet to know what esteel meant. Marketing gimmick. My concern is the rubberized crown: will it melt or become sticky over time.

The crown was fine with no issues on the 1176.

Also I fee like it’s worth mentioning, while it says eSteel, this particular version will be made in stainless most likely.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Good question.
Does anyone have any information, is there a visual or tactile difference between E-steel and ordinary steel?
I would expect that it will be something like eco-titanium, which can only be distinguished from ordinary titanium by a technologist and marketer.

Reactions: johnlogan

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Good question.
Does anyone have any information, is there a visual or tactile difference between E-steel and ordinary steel?
I would expect that it will be something like eco-titanium, which can only be distinguished from ordinary titanium by a technologist and marketer.

I highly doubt, that the eSteel is different from the stainless steel, Panerai used before. According to a German Steel Company the European Stainless Steel Producers have a recycling rate from up to 90% - simply because the raw materials are so expensive and the recycling chain from scrap metal is very common here. So if the supplier from Panerai produces in Europe, they will have cases made from a stainless steel, that can be called "recycled" anyway. I guess eSteel is not a metallurgical category but only eMarketing ;-)

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Yes, JayBee0815 , I have a similar attitude to this question.
A controversial advantage that hardly attracted more ecology fans than the strange logo on the dial scared off.

However, this will probably be the first luminor 1950 with a blue PAM692 textured dial. I prefer green, but it will be very interesting to see how they handle it.

Reactions: JayBee0815

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Honestly, if that's the case, I'm pretty disappointed.

The dial does not have the necessary texture, and there is no rubber cover on the crown.

It looks better than the XCF, but I guess it will be noticeably more expensive if the A7750 is used internally.

Reactions: JayBee0815