• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM111 [HWF]

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Looks decent for a 1rst try, but short CG pins are bugging me.

Still, it's good that newer factories make their move on such classic models, it may come out with good surprises in the end.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Snil and allez

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
The PIN can always be pushed back and forth, if necessary, slightly trimmed.
I'm a little worried about the lever that on a couple of photo sets (hopefully the same sample) sits below the CG arc.
Also, movt., engraving looks rougher and cheaper than I am used to seeing in new models from other manufacturers.

allez

Looks decent for a 1rst try, but short CG pins are bugging me.

Still, it's good that newer factories make their move on such classic models, it may come out with good surprises in the end.

Totally agreed with you. Good to see that there are further classic models producer. Lets hope more of the older ones will come back.

I am not so familiar with the latest details/quality -thx we have the real proffessionals like KOT1917 and others :)- but I think…but lets say for me is the back of the watch not the main point.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Karlchen

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Agreed, although I'm afraid the CG pin might just be too short. It looks pretty flush, almost inwarded, on the underneath pics on PC. It may be on this batch's sample only, but we may not have enough lenght to adjust this.
The engravement looks a bit rough but may it be related to picture quality ?

I may order one as this 111 ticks my curiosity anyway ;)

Edit : lever definitely sits below the CG on PC pics as KOT pointed. Bad CG overall so far.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Might as well be gen for all intents and purposes - if you’re not interested in learning about academic difference wrt gen.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I’m glad HWF is releasing new PAMs but this dial is way off.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
At least the "A" look correct. Unline my Noob V12. Still love the 111 my first watch I wanted a gen till I found a rep that filled the void for fraction of the price.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
I’m glad HWF is releasing new PAMs but this dial is way off.

Now that you say it, the sandwich numerals look thicker don't they? I'm just glad the "O" is not elevated, that to me was the dealbreaker with the Noob. Once seen, cannot be unseen.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Now that you say it, the sandwich numerals look thicker don't they? I'm just glad the "O" is not elevated, that to me was the dealbreaker with the Noob. Once seen, cannot be unseen.

Yes way too thick. HWF make numerals and markets too thick. Same with HWF pam915.

Reactions: KOT1917

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Yes way too thick. HWF make numerals and markets too thick. Same with HWF pam915.

But they can make it right, the 000 and 005 seem to be ok.
They should do like XF and correct issues on the fly without having to release a v2, but highly doubt they will as they have complete monopoly over the Pam reps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Video is out

https://v.qq.com/x/page/a3274x44uyi.html

SWISS is upside down?

jUeDHR.jpg

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
No, that's right, the word swiss and the movt. number are in opposite directions.
It's just in the "top half", and they believe that this inscription should be read from the inside out, and the serial number and the number of jewels, just like a bottom line.
Gen:
Usually this part is covered with a steel ring of a transparent caseback when fired at a right angle, so this is not something that is always in sight.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
However, thanks a lot for sharing, Highrisk ! Have you had any other factory's PAM111, or any other rep pams before, in order to hear a comparatively impressed first-hand?