• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW NTTD No Time to Die Titanium/Titanium Seamaster 007 Edition

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
I'm about to pull the trigger on a VSF V4 from Trusty with 5% discount + free NTTD pouch. Still, I'm surprised the price hasn't gone down that much considering the V4 has been out a few years.

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
I'm about to pull the trigger on a VSF V4 from Trusty with 5% discount + free NTTD pouch. Still, I'm surprised the price hasn't gone down that much considering the V4 has been out a few years.
I still wear mine quite often, I’ve had it 2 years I think. I finally bit the bullet and bought a gen ti bracelet (2 or them actually 🤷‍♂️)
Just be careful with that crown threading.

BuckNaked

Known Member
12/1/20
East Coast
I still wear mine quite often, I’ve had it 2 years I think. I finally bit the bullet and bought a gen Ti bracelet (2 or them actually 🤷‍♂️)
Thank you. Gen Ti bracelet? What did that set you back? How is the color match with the case?

I've read here what you wrote about the crown threading...pretty ridiculous, IMO. Even though this is a rep, for $500 I think we should expect the same quality as a Seiko or a Squale.

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
Thank you. Gen Ti bracelet? What did that set you back? How is the color match with the case?

I've read here what you wrote about the crown threading...pretty ridiculous, IMO. Even though this is a rep, for $500 I think we should expect the same quality as a Seiko or a Squale.
I have bought two gen bracelets. The first one I purchased was the long length, I thought it would be a good fit as my wrist is about 7-7.25 inches. Turns out even on the smallest hole, it was just slightly too loose. Then a couple weeks later I found another for sale on chrono24 in the standard size. It fits just right, I can go between the 3rd and 4th hole depending on my needs at the time. So I currently have the long one up for sale on c24.
The color match is perfect to the case now. The gen just really completes the watch for me personally. The weight, the color, the weave pattern, it really is something else.
The VSF bracelet is well executed, but the color difference always bothered me a little and I would usually wear the watch on different natos.
Both of these I bought in the last few months. The long one ended up costing me about 1500usd after taxes and duties 🤦🏻, the standard I picked up for 1200usd. I really wish the standard would’ve popped up first, coulda saved a bunch of cash.

Reactions: BuckNaked

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Yep
I’ve had 2 x seamasters and 1 x PO ultra deep from VSF and all 3 stripped the crown and tube. I’m careful with all my watches with no rough handling and especially careful with all crown functions. Didn’t make a difference, VSF make their threads out of butter…..

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Yep
I’ve had 2 x seamasters and 1 x PO ultra deep from VSF and all 3 stripped the crown and tube. I’m careful with all my watches with no rough handling and especially careful with all crown functions. Didn’t make a difference, VSF make their threads out of butter…..
I wonder if the gens also have such problem.
What I can see the issue mostly comes from the construction of the crown which doesn't house the similar free spinning spring mechanism like that used in the Rolexes. The winding action keeps going while the crown is being screwed onto the tube poses certain mating resistance. This may account for the reason of easy stripping of the threads on the Omegas. Unlike Rolex, once the tube thread is stripped, there is no replacement to be found.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I wonder if the gens also have such problem.
What I can see the issue mostly comes from the construction of the crown which doesn't house the similar free spinning spring mechanism like that used in the Rolexes. The winding action keeps going while the crown is being screwed onto the tube poses certain mating resistance. This may account for the reason of easy stripping of the threads on the Omegas. Unlike Rolex, once the tube thread is stripped, there is no replacement to be found.
My gen seamster SMP chrono has no crown or tube issues and it’s 5 years old now. ORF and ZF seamasters do not seem to suffer from this issue either so it’s a VSF problem. It’s one of the reasons I’ll never buy a VSF Omega ever again.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I am aware this is not a thread followed by many people tinkering with their watches but maybe it's my lucky shot

does anyone know the diameter of the NTTD rep dial?

Thanks

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
the weave pattern, it really is something else.
The VSF bracelet is well executed, but the color difference always bothered me a little and I would usually wear the watch on different natos.

Spot on about the weave pattern on the gen mesh be it titanium or steel. The VSF steel mesh is decent but the weave pattern just isn't quite right which I've done an in depth comparison in the other thread between the genuine steel mesh and the VSF steel mesh.

52724745889_bf1fe5baa8_b.jpg

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
There's always the option of going "soft-frankening" gen on the mesh and rep on the watch head.

Should be still a lot cheaper than going all gen. 😉

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Screenshot-20230317-140238-Free-Adblocker-Browser-2.jpg

SS is 760 bucks... Not bad, actually. Would've expected around a grand.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
SS is 760 bucks... Not bad, actually. Would've expected around a grand.
Yup that's the one I bought for my SMP. Depends on where you are I guess. Here in Singapore, our local currency, it's over a grand at $1,120. And this is after the recent price adjustment in February. It used to be $1,140.

52666544024_a658158df0_b.jpg

Bpyfu

Known Member
19/1/21
Quite pricey. But the gen ti was worth it for me. Now if I can only sell the large one 😬

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Yes, it's real money but, to be frank, genuine Omega parts and accessories are very affordable compared to most of the brands that are popular here. On the other hand, it can be a real bitch finding parts to fix the VSF Nagging Titanium Tube Defect.

3OEafR.gif

• Haha
Reactions: imranbecks

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Yes, it's real money but, to be frank, genuine Omega parts and accessories are very affordable compared to most of the brands that are popular here. On the other hand, it can be a real bitch finding parts to fix the VSF Nagging Titanium Tube Defect.

3OEafR.gif
Funny you mentioned that because just as I was about to wear mine today, the crown felt rough when screwing back down. As expected just like my other reps, the crown is the first to go. Such a pity.