• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: VSF Omega De Ville Hour Vision

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Got the watch today. First impressions, WOW.
Its really well made and exactly 1:1. Since I owned a gen of this very particular model in the past, I find no flaws on this watch. More onto the review now:-
1) Case shape and dimensions are perfect and it sits really well on the wrist.
2) The dial is a dynamic blue, possessing the serenity and tranquility of an ocean (mimics the gen dial almost 99.9%)
3) The hands are really well made and appear as they are really made of white gold same as gen.
4) Hour markers are also beautifully crafted. Same is the date window.
5) Date font is perfect.
6) The sapphire crystal on the case showcasing the watch movement are perfect. However, there are differences between the side profile view of movement but no one can call you out without handling or comparing this rep with a gen ( be calm and happy, enjoy this watch, even I had to strain my memory to weed out differences)
7) The leather strap is of very high quality, really impressed with it, no problems with the clasp too. I bought this one from Andrew from TrustyTime and he sent an extra leather strap too.
8) The creme de la creme of this watch is of course the superclone movement. Buttery smooth and accurate.
9) VERDICT - I highly recommend this watch especially those who love blue dials since there are not many reps with good blue dials Really well made and just go for it!!!

Pics:-
VUvBoh.jpg

VUvthX.jpg

VUvaRp.jpg

Stuntman81

Getting To Know The Place
23/3/16
Thanks for the review! You don't often see many of omegas dressier watches on the forums so it's nice to see something a bit different.

Looks great & love the exhibition sides. Good to see you're obviously very happy with your purchase. I'd be looking at this too if it came in a slightly smaller size. Love my planet oceans & speedmasters 42mm size but I like my dress watches 39mm and below - wish they'd rep the smaller aqua terra.

Looks great on you, wear in good health!

Reactions: Sidhu6355

mujidominic

Renowned Member
28/8/15
Congratulations on your watch! The Orbis Hour Vision is a stunning watch.

Do you have the original VSF strap on your pictures? Many TD pictures show the strap as black but in your pictures it looks like the correct dark-blue, same as gen.

Reactions: Sidhu6355

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Thanks for the review! You don't often see many of omegas dressier watches on the forums so it's nice to see something a bit different.

Looks great & love the exhibition sides. Good to see you're obviously very happy with your purchase. I'd be looking at this too if it came in a slightly smaller size. Love my planet oceans & speedmasters 42mm size but I like my dress watches 39mm and below - wish they'd rep the smaller aqua terra.

Looks great on you, wear in good health!

Thanks man, it really is a cool watch, really

Reactions: Stuntman81

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Congratulations on your watch! The Orbis Hour Vision is a stunning watch.

Do you have the original VSF strap on your pictures? Many TD pictures show the strap as black but in your pictures it looks like the correct dark-blue, same as gen.

1) Yes, it’s the VSF strap and it’s black, really good.
2) However you are confusing the De Ville housing calibre 8900 with this Blue(ORBIS) Hour vision with calibre 8500 movement.
3) This watch has a black leather strap whereas the other De Ville (calibre 8900) has a dark blue leather strap. For reference, you can check this at Omega’s official site.

utopia13

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/4/19
Very nice watch! Was thinking of pulling the trigger on the bracelet version however was held back on the possibility of the color coming off the logo on the clasp.
Beautiful watch anyway

LChuggingtin

16/3/19
Beautiful watch. I saw the gen in an Omega retail store and I was floored.I was looking to pull the trigger on this too. I have two questions for you - 1) Did you considering ordering the model with the bracelet included too? 2) Are you planning on getting the watch serviced and waterproofed? Thanks and Congratulations again!

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Beautiful watch. I saw the gen in an Omega retail store and I was floored.I was looking to pull the trigger on this too. I have two questions for you - 1) Did you considering ordering the model with the bracelet included too? 2) Are you planning on getting the watch serviced and waterproofed? Thanks and Congratulations again!

1) No, I didn’t go for the bracelet since the genuine too comes with a leather strap. Moreover I think the watch looks bland with the steel bracelet (personal opinion).
2) As it’s a dress watch, there is no need for waterproofing. The movement winds like butter, is keeping good time, thus I think it will not require servicing for a long time.

LChuggingtin

16/3/19
Thanks! I felt the leather looked better too. Hearing about quality of the movement makes me feel good to go ahead.

Yuaran.har

30/7/11
how to contact andrew trusty time!... can i have his email?... wanna buy this too

johndoe27

Getting To Know The Place
27/7/15
Well, after more than a year of experience, was it worth buying the watch? Have you had any other experiences or have you noticed anything? I am currently considering buying the De Ville, but there are only a few reviews here ... would be happy about any information!

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
Well, after more than a year of experience, was it worth buying the watch? Have you had any other experiences or have you noticed anything? I am currently considering buying the De Ville, but there are only a few reviews here ... would be happy about any information!

Totally WORTH IT!!!With VSF you can't go wrong, the movement is a workhorse, maintains accurate time ±2 seconds at the most. It is worth buying it man, I owned a gen of this model in the past and am happy to say that the charm of this one satisfied me to the fullest.

If a rep satisfies you even till 90% of the experience of gen, it is worth it and this piece is surely +95% and above

Last edited:
Reactions: johndoe27