• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

ijat91

Horology Curious
18/12/18
Bought the white orange combination too, already see the QC pic, perfect for me, really excited, can’t wait for it to arrive

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Did anyone purchase the GMT version? If yes, do you have any issues with the GMT function?

I find mine a little challenging to align the 24 hours
46a3f907bb815c79b56b935251faab13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chillo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/12/18
WOW vsf nailed it again :D was waiting for these models :) thanks for sharing kobe

btw are european IP's not allowed on HKRWF? when i sign in it says my ip is not allowed

Try a VPN, like Cyberghost or similar....

Beemer913

9/10/17
Alright guys JUST received my grey AT....wow...honestly, the quality is unbelievable for a sub $500 Watch in general. Quick review:

Good:
Lume
strap(very comfy rubber)
weight
overall feel
hands+sunburst effect..very lively dial

Bad:
-PURPLE...holy...so purple...it might only be in yellow light though, haven't taken it outside yet, under phones flashlight looks more grey
-first time setting the watch the date became uncentered very badly, remembered a member saying to tap it, tapped it, date fell into position
-when tapped, the watch makes a rattly noise, very ungen-like
-the clasp clicks when you press on it..?

Those are my first impressions...

Beemer913

9/10/17
I'm going to try to upload some BUT I'm having some issues!! I would really appreciate some input here.

I can pretty much not wind the watch AT ALL. It's so difficult, I have to use my shirt to really grip the crown and press down to get it to turn clockwise, it's nearly impossible with the fingers only.

Any idea whats whats going on??

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
I'm going to try to upload some BUT I'm having some issues!! I would really appreciate some input here.

I can pretty much not wind the watch AT ALL. It's so difficult, I have to use my shirt to really grip the crown and press down to get it to turn clockwise, it's nearly impossible with the fingers only.

Any idea whats whats going on??

If you can't wind it easily you shouldn't try and force it, something is really wrong with it.
Have you looked so that the coverplate (center on the rotor) over the screw on the rotor hasn't come loose?
Compare to how yours look to other pictures.
That did happen to couple of users here I think, don't know if they had problems with winding it because of that.

Beemer913

9/10/17
w0rn it's not just for winding, it's when I'm trying to screw the crown down as well. And checking the rotor, everything looks intact, rotor spins as it should...

Any ideas?

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
w0rn it's not just for winding, it's when I'm trying to screw the crown down as well. And checking the rotor, everything looks intact, rotor spins as it should...

Any ideas?

Sorry, no direct idea what the problem could be other what I mentioned.
Got one 8900 recently myself that was a little harder than the ones that I already have to wind, but not so much as yours I guess, but I will send all my VSF with the new clone movement to a modder for a full service so haven't looked at it any deeper.

Beemer913

9/10/17
w0rn thanks, hopefully just needs some lubricant on the stem maybe to loosen it up, can you pm the modder you'd suggest?

also the watch rattles loudly when tapped...I mean I could also just live with these issues I guess...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
w0rn thanks, hopefully just needs some lubricant on the stem maybe to loosen it up, can you pm the modder you'd suggest?

also the watch rattles loudly when tapped...I mean I could also just live with these issues I guess...

You should have your watch serviced, looks like it is ready to take a dive in a wrong way.

Giando11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
25/11/18
The Blue veersion of Dial are beatiful! I would change the Crystal

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
Loving this watch.

TX113.jpg

Changed the bracelet to rubber and realized I received the black w/ gray stitching that goes with the black dial, not orange stitching for my white dial.

E-mailed Angus and he said "sorry to hear that. the straps are offered in random by the factory."

I can ship back to exchange, but will most likely just buy the correct one instead of dealing with shipping cost/time.

I did miss it in QC, since I was most concerned with the watch itself and the band/watch were in different pics so it didn't immediately click in my mind that the color was incorrect. Actually didn't even notice until I had it on and was looking at others pics. Not a huge deal, band looks fine, just not as close to Gen as it would have been if paired with correct strap.

But just an FYI to always pay attention to those QC shots, since apparently the factory sends over whatever they feel like regardless of what should go with the watch. Thankful I didn't end up with blue, but that would have stood out in QC a little more I hope.

Inbetweener

Known Member
22/1/15
tbh it was the first thing I noticed. But then this version (with correct strap) is what I’m currently looking to buy next

Excuse sounds like a bit of a cop out if you ask me and I would’ve expected your TD to notice this and to have bought it to your attention. Still... wise words on the QC’s - I always have to curb my enthusiasm/excitement when looking to approve a watch.

Last edited: