• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

Troklo

23/12/15
When I made my original post I asked for pictures of other dates and they just got me a new one. Can't complain since this one was spot on.

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
First QC for my Ryder Cup date is to the left hopefully the next one is better

ac5058bc389f525b7c207f86d294d410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beemer913

9/10/17
Does anyone know if we can replace the balance bridge on these with the new vsf 8801 ones? Or any other ideas? These have the 2 adjustment tabs instead of 1 like gen. Would love some input!

IntenseImage

16/6/19
Wow, didn't think that I would like the orange on there, but this shot makes it look great. Is this the same model that was released a couple of years back?
Thanks. Honestly not sure when this was actually released, just the latest VSF model

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Wow, didn't think that I would like the orange on there, but this shot makes it look great. Is this the same model that was released a couple of years back?

You're correct. All of the 8900 clone movement AT41s from VSF came out at the end of 2018 with the exception of the green dial and the Ryder Cup editions. The latter two came out at the start of this year. to my knowledge, they are still the best AT reps on the market, with the white and black colourways seemingly in superrep territory

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Seems like with a year plus of being out and good reliability it’s a solid choice

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Does anyone know if we can replace the balance bridge on these with the new vsf 8801 ones? Or any other ideas? These have the 2 adjustment tabs instead of 1 like gen. Would love some input!

Here's a little input and I am not trying to be an asshole...I get it that the movement is not "perfect"...Reps are never perfect...they are Reps...unless you are going to try and scam somebody by selling as Gen why would something like this bother you? Why would you go thru the trouble of doing that mod even if it was possible?

Come on now...let's enjoy these watches for what they are...the Rep market has come a LONG way from the Canal Street stuff...you are only fooling yourself.

:drinks_cheers:

Beemer913

9/10/17
Here's a little input and I am not trying to be an asshole...I get it that the movement is not "perfect"...Reps are never perfect...they are Reps...unless you are going to try and scam somebody by selling as Gen why would something like this bother you? Why would you go thru the trouble of doing that mod even if it was possible?

Come on now...let's enjoy these watches for what they are...the Rep market has come a LONG way from the Canal Street stuff...you are only fooling yourself.

:drinks_cheers:

Lol people go through the trouble of changing bezels/gaskets/crystals/rotors to gen which realistically look and feel the exact same so why do it? To pass off as gen when selling? Nope

Its just the hobby and culture here. You’ve been here long enough to know better than saying “only fooling yourself”.

in that case why even be here?

regardless, I really think that’s the only thing I’ve found comparing the movement to my gen seamaster that bothers me. So if anyone has some ACTUAL input, I’d appreciate it!

Reactions: Cloney and SWI

lumentin

Known Member
25/4/20
Strasbourg, FR
I wouldn't have seen it if you hadn't told me...
Either you live with it, or you let it fixed. Don't sure either if another one would have been better. Hey, reps have very little flaws...

perret999

Looking Around
14/6/20
Got my AT today and [mention]Cloney [/mention]was right....I do not regret it! Gorgeous watch. Comes with two bands as well, both are fantastic. This watch is NWBIG in my opinion. Superb rep.

337396b04f197f1a490281937d5d5d0a.jpg

Hi ! so beautiful ! Rotor make noise ?

Last edited:

Troklo

23/12/15
In the grey version the pinkish purple hue is a known flaw and I believe it's been reported in the blue version too

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
In the grey version the pinkish purple hue is a known flaw and I believe it's been reported in the blue version too

That's what I've heard as well. It's very obvious in the grey dials. I recently came across the attached album of a dark blue AT and I can't see any purple. It makes me wonder if the issue has been addressed and a new version was released, or whether I need to get my eyes checked haha