• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New 8900 Aqua Terra Master Chronometers

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Got my AT today and [mention]Cloney [/mention]was right....I do not regret it! Gorgeous watch. Comes with two bands as well, both are fantastic. This watch is NWBIG in my opinion. Superb rep.

337396b04f197f1a490281937d5d5d0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Just placed an order for the Ryder cup edition with gold centerlink on rubber strap based off this thread. Pretty excited first VSF and Omega.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
The VSF Aqua Terra is super nice. Just got my green dial today and I can't believe how much the dial color changes with different light.

Even my wife who is a big Datejust girl admitted that she enjoys my new AT.
d1f3de6a4bcc56d0019d34c4eaa8c197.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cloney and Grey1970

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Got my AT today and [mention]Cloney [/mention]was right....I do not regret it! Gorgeous watch. Comes with two bands as well, both are fantastic. This watch is NWBIG in my opinion. Superb rep.

ts that the black dial? if so, I'm surprised it would look so much like grey in the light! Looks fantastic either way!

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20

What two bands did it come with?

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
How is the centring of the DW? I got one from a TD and in the QC pics I noticed that it's a little to the left. Is this a normal thing for this model?

The date starts changing on these 8900's around 10:30-11:00 PM as per gen...I haven't seen your watch, but if the time is after 10:30 the wheel will start to creep left and then snap over at 12:00. At least that's what I've been told...anyone with one want to confirm?

Last edited:

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
ts that the black dial? if so, I'm surprised it would look so much like grey in the light! Looks fantastic either way!

Nope it’s the Olive green dial. It’s actually an awesome color because of the way it changes when the light hits it. Sometimes it’s dark green, sometimes more black, sometimes hints if grey. It has a nice sunburst affect too. I love it!

What two bands did it come with?

One band is black rubber with white stitching. The other is a stainless steel link band. They can be seen here:

3e4082934d480a5bcb1faa66ee9b0970.jpg

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Nope it’s the Olive green dial. It’s actually an awesome color because of the way it changes when the light hits it. Sometimes it’s dark green, sometimes more black, sometimes hints if grey. It has a nice sunburst affect too. I love it!

One band is black rubber with white stitching. The other is a stainless steel link band. They can be seen here:

3e4082934d480a5bcb1faa66ee9b0970.jpg

Kinda curious as I just ordered from Trusty and paid extra for the stainless band and maybe I shouldn’t have?

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Kinda curious as I just ordered from Trusty and paid extra for the stainless band and maybe I shouldn’t have?

When I was looking at this watch there were two listings... I bought the listing I found that said “2 Straps” it was $398 for both vs $338 for just the rubber. Difference being $60. Hope this helps!

Alex22

12/2/18
But is the bracelet really made of stainless steel? Try a magnet and see if it sticks or slips. Manufacturers say they use 316L steel (which is diamagnetic so the magnet shouldn't stick).

Troklo

23/12/15
The date starts changing on these 8900's around 10:30-11:00 PM as per gen...I haven't seen your watch, but if the time is after 10:30 the wheel will start to creep left and then snap over at 12:00. At least that's what I've been told...anyone with one want to confirm?

Hi thanks for the info I was unaware of this in anyone can confirm it would be great. Was asking because the miss alignment wasn't too much and I've seen it on other ATs posted here. I asked for pictures with different dates but they just showed me a different watch and the DW was better so I accepted it.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Hi thanks for the info I was unaware of this in anyone can confirm it would be great. Was asking because the miss alignment wasn't too much and I've seen it on other ATs posted here. I asked for pictures with different dates but they just showed me a different watch and the DW was better so I accepted it.

When you set the date by advancing the hour hand past 2:00 it should snap to center...If that's not happening and the date is still off center...I've read here that some have had luck giving the side of the watch a slight "rap" on the palm and the date wheel centers...Be careful

BTW you can also reverse the date by turning the hour hand back past 7:00 in case you weren't aware

Last edited:
Reactions: JoePineapples

crazyninjadude

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16

Wow, I didn't expect the green to have such a well-matched date wheel. Does the dial look like the gen, or is it off like the grey and blue dials?

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Wow, I didn't expect the green to have such a well-matched date wheel. Does the dial look like the gen, or is it off like the grey and blue dials?

IMHO it looks like the gen.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Yup the green dial is something special. When I first got it, I wasn't so sure if it was for me. It took about a day of wearing it outside for me to really appreciate it. VSF did a great job with this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Troklo

23/12/15
When you set the date by advancing the hour hand past 2:00 it should snap to center...If that's not happening and the date is still off center...I've read here that some have had luck giving the side of the watch a slight "rap" on the palm and the date wheel centers...Be careful
BTW you can also reverse the date by turning the hour hand back past 7:00 in case you weren't aware

Hi didn't know about the reversing the date either, thanks again for the info.
Unfortunately I can't personally test this since I bought the watch for my brother and he lives on the other side of the world. I'll relay the information though.

Here's a pic of the watch he sent me for eye candy purposes.

Ahh yeah he also mentioned that the numbers on the dates have a light blueish colour to them, which seems the gen does too, I personally didn't notice it before but I'll upload the pictures once he sends me some more where it is more noticeable.

4kLTp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Hi didn't know about the reversing the date either, thanks again for the info.
Unfortunately I can't personally test this since I bought the watch for my brother and he lives on the other side of the world. I'll relay the information though.

Here's a pic of the watch he sent me for eye candy purposes.

Ahh yeah he also mentioned that the numbers on the dates have a light blueish colour to them, which seems the gen does too, I personally didn't notice it before but I'll upload the pictures once he sends me some more where it is more noticeable.

4kLTp.jpg

Well from what I can see in this pic the date looks pretty spot on to me...