• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

shortlegs

31/5/19
Idk, I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. While it is possible to botch the job as you did, it is an extremely easy fix. I would agree that it could be difficult to find a replacement bezel insert, but if the watchmaker cracks it, you would have the same difficulty. My guess is that if you have any sort of relationship with one of the TD's you could convince them to send you a bezel insert.

Was talking more about people being new to such things, who I'll suggest to go try with some Seikos first. When they are more skilled and confident then sure go ahead and swap it themselves. Don't be like me, inexperienced and yet thinking it'll be a snap. Well, it kind of is.. I did snap my insert.. :p

Last edited:

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
I see.. is it very noticeable? Fell in love with the RG one at the AD

same with to me. I tried all the different versions at the AD and fell in love with the black/RG version.
There is a comparison with the gen: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...gen-comparison
As you can see its slightly visible but the owner of the REP and the GEN said, its only visible if you know that its there and if the GEN is next to it.
I ordered it and will see if its visible.
Its just a beautiful watch and anyway because its plated I will not wear it everyday --> so if its visible it will be one of my club/lounge watches.

When I get it I will discuss with my watchmaker, if its possible to fill the gaps with epoxy and polish it so its not visible anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shimmyshims

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Has anyone seen an example of the steel with a grey dial without the yellowish lume. Mine is from the first batch, and I note the black dial seems far better now, but I have not seen any correct grey ones yet.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Thanks guys, I did reach out to a dealer who showed me a QC pic from yesterday and it was the same yellow shade as mine. Maybe there are still old and new dials around. I will ask him again to check with the factory if they will provide a newer dial. An added bonus will be if all markers are straight ;)

Best upgrade I did make was replacing the clasp with an OEM part. No more sharp corners.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Thanks guys, I did reach out to a dealer who showed me a QC pic from yesterday and it was the same yellow shade as mine. Maybe there are still old and new dials around. I will ask him again to check with the factory if they will provide a newer dial. An added bonus will be if all markers are straight ;)

Best upgrade I did make was replacing the clasp with an OEM part. No more sharp corners.

you could do a relume ... would be cheaper than a new dial

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
you could do a relume ... would be cheaper than a new dial

One guy quoted 150 euros, but said hands may not be possible without damaging them, so lume could still not match perfectly

I don't know if that's the going rate for relume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB0938

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/16
Was there ever a vsf v2 of the White dial version? On puretime I'm only seeing v2 for the Grey and Blue dial? Did they skip the update for the white?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
One guy quoted 150 euros, but said hands may not be possible without damaging them, so lume could still not match perfectly

I don't know if that's the going rate for relume.

Anyone that quotes you 150 euros for a lume job and mentions damaging hands is not the guy for the job.

I just know the guys here in the usa. Since you mention euros im thinking someone else would be better suited to give a recommendation.

$50 or maybe $75 max for luming a dial and hands & if you do both the dial and hands with the same lume then there would be no way for them to be different.

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Anyone that quotes you 150 euros for a lume job and mentions damaging hands is not the guy for the job.

I just know the guys here in the usa. Since you mention euros im thinking someone else would be better suited to give a recommendation.

$50 or maybe $75 max for luming a dial and hands & if you do both the dial and hands with the same lume then there would be no way for them to be different.

I know someone who charges 100 euros for both the dial and the hands. He is not an Modder but a professional watchmaker. He is based in Germany.

And I know someone who is based in Greece who could be cheaper but there is the risk of customs.

I ordered the Black/RG and only the hands have the off white lume. I will def get it done because its really visible next to the white markers.

Last edited:

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
I know someone who charges 100 euros for both the dial and the hands. He is not an Modder but a professional watchmaker. He is based in Germany.

And I know someone who is based in Greece who could be cheaper but there is the risk of customs.

I ordered the Black/RG and only the hands have the off white lume. I will def get it done because its really visible next to the white markers.

As long as the guy in Greece is not “therelumer” as I used him and was crap! Sent him my vsf dial and hands and all he did was drop a blob of lume on the markers and scratched the hands beyond repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
As long as the guy in Greece is not “therelumer” as I used him and was crap! Sent him my vsf dial and hands and all he did was drop a blob of lume on the markers and scratched the hands beyond repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know. I got him recommended by another member and a watchmaker.
​​​But it seems that his work is inconsistent.
So I will go with my WM in Germany

Last edited:

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Was there ever a vsf v2 of the White dial version? On puretime I'm only seeing v2 for the Grey and Blue dial? Did they skip the update for the white?

The only difference between the white dial & black dial 2018 smp is the dial. The white dial did not come out until after V2 ot the black dial had already been started. They can call it anything they want, but there has only been 1 version of the white dial 2018 smp.

The Dealers label watches as V1, V2 etc not the watch factories/makers so occasionally 1 dealer will label a watch differently than another.

Last edited: