• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13

I would say so yes. Might be slightly tilted but who cares! Something that
might annoy me tho is the fact that the bezel don’t align with the markers.
the triangle and the markers you know?

It's quite alright. The bezel can be turned, maybe he took photos with one click to the left. You can even set it between clicks and it stays this way. I've done that on reps more than once ;)

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
It's quite alright. The bezel can be turned, maybe he took photos with one click to the left. You can even set it between clicks and it stays this way. I've done that on reps more than once ;)

I know that much! Hopefully it’s one click of. If not I need your help to fix it myself :)

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I know that much! Hopefully it’s one click of. If not I need your help to fix it myself :)

I don't think it will bother you much once on the wrist. You'll be too distracted admiring the beauty of the watch ;)

Reactions: Nashiey

Stoozak

6/2/15
Hmmm, I see that according to one source VSF has added the red o-ring. It'll be interesting to see if that is true.

Reactions: vcappp

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Hmmm, I see that according to one source VSF has added the red o-ring. It'll be interesting to see if that is true.

I think that's the OMF version.

Here are my super hi-res QC pics I requested. I gave them a go, I have no patience left. I think the watch is quite acceptable.

IMG-9159.jpg

IMG-9155.jpg

Reactions: leo6929 and SWI

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
Here is my V2 I got a few days ago and it has the red o-ring.

I am beyond impressed with the build quiality , I’ve been at the AD twice now to get a good feel for the geniune and I can confidently wear this knowing it’s just about perfect. I nearly rejected this third QC because of slight misalignment at 12 o’clock but I promise you on the wrist it is not at all visible. We sometimes get way too obsessed with these 10x or more zoomed in photos.

rm8mmg.jpg

4g0jrt.jpg

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Very nice @Therion666 , I’d accept

I did :)

Congrats on your SMP, it looks awesome. I agree that some of these flaws are not visible in real life at all. It's interesting that you already got a watch with a red seal. Mine doesn't have one I think, but I'm not fussed about it, it's only visible when unscrewed anyway.

Reactions: SWI

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
I did :)

Congrats on your SMP, it looks awesome. I agree that some of these flaws are not visible in real life at all. It's interesting that you already got a watch with a red seal. Mine doesn't have one I think, but I'm not fussed about it, it's only visible when unscrewed anyway.

Yeah and who the hell would want to unscrew that junk valve. Seriously. :p

Reactions: Therion666

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
Just waiting on the rubber strap now, ordered the Ali version - if it’s not great I’ll be ordering the new VSF one that came out yesterday.

I bet your V2 will have the red o-ring too, as you said you only will see it when unscrewed and my qc photos didn’t show it so it was a nice surprise but not necessary at all.

Reactions: Nashiey

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Indeed, it was on the aqua terra. my bad ;) but i thought i saw it on this model too, but now iam not sure

Yes, it was an AT problem, not sure if it has been rectified yet.
There have been numerous minor defects/tells with the VSF Seamaster Diver 300M but the dial colour/hue has always been bang on-I can't recall a single post where there has been a problem.

rtputter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/19
From what I can tell the v1 grey version was not 100% in dial and bezel insert color. Mainly the dial. Can't tell for sure if they've improved that.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Just waiting on the rubber strap now, ordered the Ali version - if it’s not great I’ll be ordering the new VSF one that came out yesterday.

I bet your V2 will have the red o-ring too, as you said you only will see it when unscrewed and my qc photos didn’t show it so it was a nice surprise but not necessary at all.

I certainly do hope so, but I'll live if it's not. But I'm not excited by my TD, who knows pretty well if a new version is on the horizon and still chooses to pass an old version on me. I'd get it if I was a first time buyer, but after buying at least 2 or 3 watches per month...not so sure what to think. Also trying to sell me that rubber strap for 88$ and not showing any will to make a bundle sale, is making me wonder if I should take my business elsewhere.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
^^ which TD? I'm after a strap / bracelet bundle too so would be good to know who to avoid asking :)