• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vsf 2018 seamaster diver 300m

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I reply here instead in PMs.

Gen bi-colour 2018 have the smooth bezels. This is becasue the engravings are filled with yellow/sedna-gold and the markers make a flush with a ceramic.

Gen steel models - engravings filled with a white enamel, the markers are slightly recessed.

Macro of the gen steel watches
VpHnYU.jpg

VpHcKD.jpg

VpHeU8.jpg

PT video of steel v2
VpHoK2.jpg

VpHs43.jpg

VpH9Pb.jpg

Judging by how the light plays, the boarders of v2 markers are visible, what is fine and means the v2 bezel is not completely smooth.
Good enought for me, I will be getting one of those v2.

You're right, I run my finger nail over my black gen bezel and I can just about feel a recess whereas on my VSF V1 gray dial, my nail sticks in the recess of the 5, 15, 25 etc. marker lines.

Reactions: Swerepguy

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
does the grey one still has the pink or purple hue on the dial?

If my eyes don’t lie I do see a little difference on the hue. I’ve obsessively compared many photos and I truly see a difference it now seems a tinge bluer. While the gen is more neutral stainless. But I would the gray dial V2 is like 99% like gen.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Richidh and vcappp

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
If my eyes don’t lie I do see a little difference on the hue. I’ve obsessively compared many photos and I truly see a difference it now seems a tinge bluer. While the gen is more neutral stainless. But I would the gray dial V2 is like 99% like gen.

Sent from the RWI App

While I can't comment on your eyes, this is the first I've heard of any coloured dial hue on this model and there have been many posts on it.
The Aqua Terra gray dial had this phenomena but I'm looking at my VSF gray dial right now and it is as clear and colourless as it can be.
Can you post a pic out of interest?

Reactions: vcappp

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
While I can't comment on your eyes, this is the first I've heard of any coloured dial hue on this model and there have been many posts on it.
The Aqua Terra gray dial had this phenomena but I'm looking at my VSF gray dial right now and it is as clear and colourless as it can be.

Sure, this is a V1 for instance. I'm truly glad you find your V2 neutral, since I'm waiting for delivery of one! ;)

You can also do a comparison on Puretime's photos, even though the lighting varies, this dial is very chamaleonic!

https://puretime.io/2018-seamaster-...e-ceramic-gray-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a8800.html

https://puretime.io/2018-seamaster-...ubber-strap-a8800-v2-black-balance-wheel.html

Vp4aOI.jpg

Last edited:

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18
Here's another example from ToroBravo's (V1) do you guys think V2 dial has changed in respect to color hues?

VpmUSL.jpg

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
VSF V2 version is coming!
black balance wheel and rubber strap!!!

finally the rubber strap!! Can't take it off :crazy:

VpfjTa.jpg
Vpf7Eg.jpg

thanks for the information. Could you please confirm if the date wheel background color is white or silver for the silver dial of the VSF v2 model ?

Why this V2 show the white color background date wheel for the silver dial model?

74a865f9a6d6cf2827c5538aeaf42eb6.jpg

ebaeeb729540bb3e55bb139d057ef7b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Good luck. I did tell you he wasn’t a TD here. Now you know why :(

Well I wouldn’t write of Andrew quite yet... :)

The QC photos I got on the 17th looks like the V2, with the smaller pearl that’s inside the triangle instead of V1 that has the pearl little bit on the edges of the triangle.
Andrews QC also has the new bracelet with wider mid links.
Still hasn’t confirmed if it’s the black balance wheel, but if it is... then WOW Andrew is a king!

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
He's a TD on RWG, so he's safe.

I didn’t say he wasn’t safe, I said he wasn’t a TD here.

All of my reps have been from Trusty, and I’ve had problems with every order. So now I don’t order from him.

I’m not surprised he’s not a TD here, but people can spend their money where they like.

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
Well I wouldn’t write of Andrew quite yet... :)

The QC photos I got on the 17th looks like the V2, with the smaller pearl that’s inside the triangle instead of V1 that has the pearl little bit on the edges of the triangle.
Andrews QC also has the new bracelet with wider mid links.
Still hasn’t confirmed if it’s the black balance wheel, but if it is... then WOW Andrew is a king!

Those updates have been available for a while now. People were calling it V2. That’s not the same watch as the one just released which has the updated bezel.

Also, I wasn’t saying you should write Andrew off. I was commenting on you saying he’d lied to you. In my experience (over the last 12 years) he quite often sends a different watch to the one ordered. It can’t hurt to ask him to change your order for the newly released version, but I suspect you’ll get the watch you ordered and were happy with when you approved QC.

Reactions: vcappp

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I didn’t say he wasn’t safe, I said he wasn’t a TD here.

All of my reps have been from Trusty, and I’ve had problems with every order. So now I don’t order from him.

I’m not surprised he’s not a TD here, but people can spend their money where they like.

I understand. I have the very same experience with another TD here on RWI and I avoid him like the plague.

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden
Those updates have been available for a while now. People were calling it V2. That’s not the same watch as the one just released which has the updated bezel.

Also, I wasn’t saying you should write Andrew off. I was commenting on you saying he’d lied to you. In my experience (over the last 12 years) he quite often sends a different watch to the one ordered. It can’t hurt to ask him to change your order for the newly released version, but I suspect you’ll get the watch you ordered and were happy with when you approved QC.

What is the difference between the bezels?

Richidh

Known Member
8/7/16
Den Haag, Netherlands

Indeed, it was on the aqua terra. my bad ;) but i thought i saw it on this model too, but now iam not sure

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Really think so? Thanks! I figured, there are some small things here and there but it’s a god watch seeing the other QCs I’ve seen here.

It could be much worse, trust me. Did you get a straight shot of the dial? Is the marker on the dial at 12 properly aligned?

Nashiey

10/3/19
Sweden

I would say so yes. Might be slightly tilted but who cares! Something that
might annoy me tho is the fact that the bezel don’t align with the markers.
the triangle and the markers you know?