• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: November 2014 | Omega Seamaster 300 from Lion City

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Review Of The Month Project, November 2014

Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial from Lion City Watches

This is the last review of this project and i know many of you were waiting for it so i though to get something special for you guys and a very hot piece at the time.

This month I have to thank our supporting vendor Lion City for sending this one as to make the usual monthly review.

I have to admit I am not a vintage lover so when this came out I didn't pay much attention although I knew the interest was big. To my surprise this proved to be one of the best reps of this year and for me the omega candidate for rep of the year.

Straight to the details as we have much to talk about!

Dial first. Good try, really good, almost perfect. Two things I don’t like. The texture and the lume markers. The texture on the gen is different. You can see that tiny little white dots like snowflakes. This pattern gives a great vintage character at the dial. They didn't get right on the rep. Also the lume markes on the gen have more curved ends. The rep ones are more triangular. Just a little bit more curved and they would be perfect. Lume also is kind of weak, I expected better. Other than that, lettering, hours markers, hands, etc, everything is spot on!

Bezel is top notch! They even got a decent pearl!!! Nice texture, nice glossy effect, perfect rotation (gen like feeling), nice teeth. I cant complain about anything here…

Crystal is one more time great. AR is awesome, height is correct, no complains here also.

Bracelet is really cool. I don’t know if you like these two tones bracelets but this one is really nice. Smooth move of the links, clasp is strong, links can be removed in a few seconds and when you wear it is very comfortable. The only thing that concerns me is that the polished parts may get scratched in the future? They are also a finger print magnet.

Movement. You all know that since omega launched in-house movements, open case backs have ruined it for us. After seeing this decoration I have to say that we are close to perfection! They are getting closer and closer, soon enough they will replicate them very good! The decoration is amazing, the bridges are nice too and although you still can tell it is a rep movement by a close, short, look, this is very promising. Soon or later they will get it! At least I hope they will… The rest of the caseback is great, engravings, serial number anti counterfeit logo, everything is there.

The function of the movement is good. I don’t like miyota movements to be honest. You can see that the sweep isn’t perfect smooth and movement can’t be hacked. Setting time is easy, although when you try to go anti-clockwise you can see the seconds hand jumping back and forth. Rotor is dead silent and crown screws perfect. A little detail here is that they missed the crown area where the omega logo is, its suppose to be polished. They must used the crowns from the POs I think with that pattern.

If you have any questions, just shoot, I will keep it with me for a few days more to inspect better.

And now its party time! Photos!!!

A few macro shots

A couple of wrist shots

And an obligatory lume shot

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
How is the weight of the watch? Is the end link tight to the case?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
How is the weight of the watch? Is the end link tight to the case?

Pretty heavy over 100gr fro sure. End links fit perfect on the case, i have a macro shot of that.

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
How far do the lugs protrude from the case? Any way to get a few comparison shots next to a sub or pam?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
How far do the lugs protrude from the case? Any way to get a few comparison shots next to a sub or pam?

approx. 7mm. I have a pam i will take a shot tomorrow at daylight.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Here is a side by side photo with a PAM 111 and an SMP full size.

geneticplasma

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/10/14
Nice review - nice pics - nice watch!

Another difference to the Gen: Lume of the pearl is blue instead of green.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice review - nice pics - nice watch!

Another difference to the Gen: Lume of the pearl is blue instead of green.

Lume of the pearl is blue. Only minutes hand is green, don't get tricked by the shot, its just that the lume is weak...

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
thanks for taking time to do this lovely review!

reps to to you my friend! :thumbsup:

xopa

Horology Curious
31/7/14
Thank you for the review!

I'm almost regretting that I'm having a crpo being delivered in a couple of weeks instead of this one...

geneticplasma

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/10/14
Lume of the pearl is blue. Only minutes hand is green, don't get tricked by the shot, its just that the lume is weak...

Sure - lume at your rep is blue! But at the Gen it's green!

Look here (scroll to the bottom): http://www.omegawatches.com/collect...300-master-coaxial?watchHubRef=23330412101001

...Green on pearl and Min Hand...it's for easy reading against Bezel Minute Index during diving...this is all the same, at OMEGA professional diver-watches - so also take a look at Planet Ocean.

D

d4m.test

Thanks for another great review and some fantastic pics. At the moment my favourite Omega:)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
Good review and pictures, Mr. Pap. Thank you.

The more I see this watch, the more I like it.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
I need one of these more than anything else.

I need one of these or something terrible will happen.

I need one of these because if I don't have one of these I won't be able to wear it and that is just terrible.

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Forgot to say thanks to Pap for the great review and enlightening me that I need one of these more than anything else.