• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My new Nato style 92

DFYFZX

Horology Curious
12/2/12
I've been a lurker for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a B&R replica. I researched quite a bit and finally decided on this one: http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/br-03-92-black-dial-pvd-updated/

I upgraded to the Asian 2836 movement and opted for the nylon(Nato) strap.

Overall I'm very pleased with the watch. There's a significant heft to the watch which gives it a very solid, quality feel. I've never held a real B&R but I wouldn't be surprised if they're about the same weight.

The second hand sweeps very well and after a week it has kept very good time. I'm not obsessed with how accurate it is but it's not noticeably off. I don't know how long the power reserve lasts because I can't stop wearing it!

About the only flaw my untrained, uneducated eyes noticed when comparing it to a genuine is the tiny screw on the back of the case was offset too far to the left. This may be different if I had the genuine Swiss 2836 movement? No idea. In reality, I'm not trying to fool anyone, I just wanted a high quality watch that wasn't OBVIOUSLY a fake. Like I said, I'm very pleased with the overall product.

My two complaints are/were...

1) the lume is typically awful. Why can't these replica manufacturers get a good lume???

2) the nylon band was a joke! The stitching wasn't even straight and the velcro was horrible! The watch DID come with two tiny hex drives to swap out the bands which was a pleasant surprise. The band itself is a throw away. Get the leather or rubber unless you plan on replacing it anyway. A "no band" option with a bit of a discount would be nice...

Complaint #2 was taken care of by default. I have TINY wrists and the stock band wouldn't have fit me anyway so I ordered up the green bandrbands.com XS Nato band. The "carbon" buckle matches the PVD case almost perfectly, I just wish it had the BR logo on it. Oh well... Here's the link for the exact band I bought: http://www.bandrbands.com/olivecanvasvelcrocarbonxs.aspx

Complaint #1 I would like to have addressed. Can anyone PM me a link to a reputable lume guy that can also water proof the case for me? I do work at night a lot in all weather conditions so the lume and water proofing is somewhat of a big deal to me...

Now for the pics! Sorry, I use a cheap point and shoot so they're not fantastic but hopefully someone gets some useful info out of them:maty:

P1020961.jpg

P1020960.jpg

P1020958.jpg

P1020957.jpg

P1020956.jpg

P1020955.jpg

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
Great watch, but..... now you have to get the 03-92 'Military', the one with the green dial. With that NATO strap.... whoooeeee!

scottie83

21/10/11
Great looking watch. If you really like the canvas, (It's all I wear,) it's worth getting the gen. BandRBands are great quality for the price though. I've even got some on non-B&R watches.

As far as lume, Vac does amazing work. He did my 03-92 SS and it was better than gen. He's currently got my 03-92 Military. He's doing lume, movement service, and he recently got equipment to waterproof to 10ATM. The best way to reach him is via email at [email protected]. He's not cheap, but as with most things, you get what you pay for. (Tell him scottie83 referred you, so maybe he'll give me a discount for a referral :) )

-Scottie

Here's some pics of my 03-92 SS that he did:

img_3289-1.jpg

img_3320-1.jpg

Best,
Scottie

DFYFZX

Horology Curious
12/2/12
That lume is nuts! My date stopped working so now I NEED some repairs and might as well get the lume done too:)

DFYFZX

Horology Curious
12/2/12
So, I still need to get my date fixed. It doesn't move at all. It's almost like something disconnected inside the watch. I have no clue...

I can't get ANY response out of Vac. I've tried him multiple times over the past 7 months. I gather that he's busy but a simple "I'm swamped" email would be nice.

Anyway, any other reputable fellows that can do a lume, date fix/movement servicing and waterproofing? This watch is a keeper, I just need to get it some love ;)

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I believe Goin has a very good reputation for lume. I've seen pictures of his work here and it looks great--but I can't speak from personal experience.

DFYFZX

Horology Curious
12/2/12
I believe Goin has a very good reputation for lume. I've seen pictures of his work here and it looks great--but I can't speak from personal experience.

I actually hunted him down and have messaged him. No response yet. His work looks good and he looks like a one stop shop for all I want to get done:)