• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Blocked by LEGEND, and I have around $1000 worth or orders and mods with him now, what do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
See, after reading this I’m even more convinced we need to choose our customers.
I had a guy recently (not going to tell names, as I still feel somewhat a gentleman) I placed an order for him on a ARF 116500. We all know how fucking hard is to get one nowadays.
Well, the watch came DOA, and it needed parts to be repaired. My dealer has been so nice he told me since he couldn’t get another one in reasonable times, to ship it back and he’ll send me a full refund. Well this particular customer started asking for updates every week, and threatened me to “move in different ways” if I didn’t send him a full refund immediately, cause in his mind 30-40 days for a watch to get in China was impossible. So, not only I placed the order for him (free of charge) not only I sorted the issue for him (free of charge) but I even got threatened for it, like we’re the fucking amazon customer service.

As Legend said. What’s app is a PRIVILEGE. Don’t abuse it or you’re gonna get blacklisted.
There’s people just not suitable for reps.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
See, after reading this I’m even more convinced we need to choose our customers.
I had a guy recently (not going to tell names, as I still feel somewhat a gentleman) I placed an order for him on a ARF 116500. We all know how fucking hard is to get one nowadays.
Well, the watch came DOA, and it needed parts to be repaired. My dealer has been so nice he told me since he couldn’t get another one in reasonable times, to ship it back and he’ll send me a full refund. Well this particular customer started asking for updates every week, and threatened me to “move in different ways” if I didn’t send him a full refund immediately, cause in his mind 30-40 days for a watch to get in China was impossible. So, not only I placed the order for him (free of charge) not only I sorted the issue for him (free of charge) but I even got threatened for it, like we’re the fucking amazon customer service.

As Legend said. What’s app is a PRIVILEGE. Don’t abuse it or you’re gonna get blacklisted.
There’s people just not suitable for reps.

+1.
Everything is moving a lot slower from China now. The delay is not due to the whoever placed the order (not even the dealers themselves) but rather, simply the fact that the factories, and the sub factories producing the various parts are still being raided, and working only 1-2 days a week. The shipping process has also been slowed down by strict custom checks. The watches are now confiscated when found at China customs level, instead of being back to the dealers like before. So patience is indeed the key.

Owners here like to ask for phone numbers of modders and many use it to turn the channel into a 24/7 information counter or technical helpdesk, sending questions and asking for updates and sending unsolicited QC pics and videos at their whim. Many of them also expect immediate and live responses. In this way, whatsapp often provides convenience for only the owners, and at heavy expense of the modder. Modders here charge a fee for a modded watch or a service. Real-time communication should not form part of the equation, and is provided out of goodwill, mutual courtesy, trust and consideration. Modders are obligated to provide an end product, but should not be held to provide real-time interaction with owners. We all have our own lives to lead, and churning out watches take time. Owners always like to tie their expectations to the measure the elapse of a certain time period, but in reality, the time taken to receive any watch is dependent on availability, and real world conditions like stock of the assembly parts, dealer coordination with factories, and safe domestic and international shipping. So the question "It has been 2 months now, where is my watch?" isn't really reasonable if the real world condition does not facilitate the supply of a watch during that time.

Guys, please be mindful that sometimes to you, it is 1 "innocent" request for updates, but to the modder, it can be his 50th request for that given day. You will get updates when updates are available, and asking for one just because x time has elapsed, will not speed up the process by 1 single second, or magically make the watch available. Have patience, and eventually things will work out. Harassing or annoying your modder will not be productive. What follows is usually a refund followed by blacklisting, not just by the modder you deal with, but every other modder in the given network (yes we do talk to one another in private and yes there is a Blacklist we share lol). So eventually taking your order to another modder will not help at all once you are on the proverbial blacklist.

Of course, modders shouldn't behave like gods either, and should do his best to provide a meaningful and proper completion of the project he has taken, as soon as practicality allows. If there has been a prodigious delay, it will be reasonable to communicate to the owner too to prevent anxiety. I will be the first to admit that I have not always done that. But give us a chance to improve and just like we tell you to have more patience, we are also learning to have more patience dealing with questions.
Thank you y'all. I am in total agreement with what Nikz19 wrote. Lets do our best from both sides together to bring projects to fruition meaningfully.

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
+1.
Everything is moving a lot slower from China now. The delay is not due to the whoever placed the order (not even the dealers themselves) but rather, simply the fact that the factories, and the sub factories producing the various parts are still being raided, and working only 1-2 days a week. The shipping process has also been slowed down by strict custom checks. The watches are now confiscated when found at China customs level, instead of being back to the dealers like before. So patience is indeed the key.

Owners here like to ask for phone numbers of modders and many use it to turn the channel into a 24/7 information counter or technical helpdesk, sending questions and asking for updates and sending unsolicited QC pics and videos at their whim. Many of them also expect immediate and live responses. In this way, whatsapp often provides convenience for only the owners, and at heavy expense of the modder. Modders here charge a fee for a modded watch or a service. Real-time communication should not form part of the equation, and is provided out of goodwill, mutual courtesy, trust and consideration. Modders are obligated to provide an end product, but should not be held to provide real-time interaction with owners. We all have our own lives to lead, and churning out watches take time. Owners always like to tie their expectations to the measure the elapse of a certain time period, but in reality, the time taken to receive any watch is dependent on availability, and real world conditions like stock of the assembly parts, dealer coordination with factories, and safe domestic and international shipping. So the question "It has been 2 months now, where is my watch?" isn't really reasonable if the real world condition does not facilitate the supply of a watch during that time.

Guys, please be mindful that sometimes to you, it is 1 "innocent" request for updates, but to the modder, it can be his 50th request for that given day. You will get updates when updates are available, and asking for one just because x time has elapsed, will not speed up the process by 1 single second, or magically make the watch available. Have patience, and eventually things will work out. Harassing or annoying your modder will not be productive. What follows is usually a refund followed by blacklisting, not just by the modder you deal with, but every other modder in the given network (yes we do talk to one another in private and yes there is a Blacklist we share lol). So eventually taking your order to another modder will not help at all once you are on the proverbial blacklist.

This. All day long this about WhatsApp communication!

This is the exact reason why I do not give my WhatsApp to any customer unless that person is a vip to me. And with that I mean, I know and have dealt with the person for at least 20 times within a year and almost know the guy personally.

We are not your personal helpdesk. We are not your Google. We do not know each and every difference of every watch and factory, nor do we care about that.

Don't ask me for my WhatsApp. It will not make things easier

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
When I look at many of the new threads lately, I get the impression that a significant part of the Reddit crowd is moving to RWI.

We are not your personal helpdesk. We are not your Google. We do not know each and every difference of every watch and factory, nor do we care about that.
But...... but...... IS THIS A VSF CLASP CODE??? ;)

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
When I look at many of the new threads lately, I get the impression that a significant part of the Reddit crowd is moving to RWI.

Unfortunately yes. So many people are used to “Amazon” service and now expect it to carry into every aspect of their life.

Reactions: Tucker

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Unfortunately yes. So many people are used to “Amazon” service and now expect it to carry into every aspect of their life.

What these guys don't see: our rep watchmakers take on issues and challenges that regular watchmakers couldn't solve and/or would straight out refuse to work on. That's far beyond Amazon service, which - to tell the truth - is dropping to almost zero once your return period has run out. I think it's time for a round of random applause to our watchmkakers!

jroMK1.gif

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Followed by spam of 12 pictures from different angles and followed by a “???” text if no reply is received within the next 10 seconds.

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
There are plenty of very talented modders in this world and I am sure they know how to treat their clients nicely.

I'll be more than happy to pay more for a great customer experience from another modder.

Feel free to be submissive to Legend's behavior and worship him if you get a thrill out of it.

I have a good address for you.

https://www.audemarspiguet.com/com/en/services/all-services.html

Exceptional service and communications.

A little pricy but for a man of world like you with your connections to the luxury resort and car world knowing politicians all over the place surely money will not be an issue.

Unfortunately they don't give out whatsapp numbers either.

RYenZero

Professional Coin Tosser
Supporter
Patron
Certified
3/4/20
United States
I know customers can be demanding (complete PIA’s) at times. But that comes with the territory of being a seller / service provider. Should OP have gone to helpdesk first? Probably. Im just amazed that any time someone shares a negative experience, people are almost always quick to reject claims made while standing behind alleged unprofessional customer service.

There’s always three sides to every story…

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
We are not your personal helpdesk. We are not your Google.

LOPL, you should see some of the PMs myself and the rest of the staff get. Allow me to demonstrate with a few sanertised examples.

Hi trailboss99,

I know you're busy, and I don't want to take much of your time, but I need help, and everyone knows that you're the man who knows it ALL. I have one question, (but I don't have time to start a thread). My question is this: I've got two of the IWC Big Pilot faux PR's and the crown doesn't screw down and they're a pain in the ass, so I never can ACTUALLY WEAR an IWC. Can you please tell me which regular standard classic IWC Big Pilot I could just buy then wear every day? Tell me which one, and from which dealer, and I'll get it. And I'll owe you one.

hello there, sorry for disturbing but I was wondering if you could point me in the right path. I'm looking for an SS IWC MARK XVII should I go for the miyota or asian movement? Which is superior? In terms of quality?
Again, sorry for disturbing and would like to get a reply if you don't mind

Best regards,

Yeah, must be IWC week . . .

This one was sent to the tech guys:
Toro Bravo Site Slow

Browser: Chrome 43 on Android Kit Kat OS

Now isn't this next one a great idea? Why didn't we think of this?
Stores.

Hello,

I'm new in this Forum. I would like to know if here we have a topic about good stores to buy a perfect replicas.

Could you appoint me to this discussion?

Thanks a lot,

After his sale was nuked because he has some 20 straps he was clearing out of his box in one thread:
OK... Let's try this AGAIN.... I've just been "encouraged' (encouraged apparently means nuked into submission) to break this sale into blocks of five or less straps because it would be a NIGHTMARE to moderate... I can almost 100% guarantee that MY nightmares are a lot worse than moderating my strap sale thread... but anyway, I will comply nonetheless with the "encouragement"

Hi Trailboss,

Can I send it my Rep AP For you to Mod? If so, what would you recommend on the Mod and how much? Thanks.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out buddy:
Ok. Not sure why cuz I sold a ym for $2200 before. Anyhow, I think your policy isn't good cuz I can buy thousands of dollars in watches off your forum but but when I decide I want to I can't sell. The cheapest watch I've bought was $750. Almost all of the watches were over $1000 and high value. I'll just take my business else where because buyers like me are a premium and aren't very common. And the watches I sell aren't common either.

Dear Admin ,

I bought i BR02 on the sales threed.

And i suspect i got scammed again i bought the watch 3 days ago and the seller still has not sent me the Tracking number .
Is that normal ?

Sorry for bothering

All the best D

Oke, you get the idea . . . .

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I know customers can be demanding (complete PIA’s) at times. But that comes with the territory of being a seller / service provider. Should OP have gone to helpdesk first? Probably. Im just amazed that any time someone shares a negative experience, people are almost always quick to reject claims made while standing behind alleged unprofessional customer service.

There’s always three sides to every story…

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The point here mate was that he made threats and then started that second account to continue making threats.
He HAD gone to the HD (which you would know if you read my post) and I had told him I would assist by contacting Legend, then an hour later, this crap.

RWI will not and never has permitted members to be threatened by having the their employer contacted or some pollie involved and supposed favours called in; that is in no way acceptable behaviour from a member and it will be dealt with immediately and with prejudice.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Wait... we don't work for him?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
LOPL, you should see some of the PMs myself and the rest of the staff get. Allow me to demonstrate with a few sanertised examples.

Yeah, must be IWC week . . .

This one was sent to the tech guys:

Now isn't this next one a great idea? Why didn't we think of this?

After his sale was nuked because he has some 20 straps he was clearing out of his box in one thread:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out buddy:
Ok. Not sure why cuz I sold a ym for $2200 before. Anyhow, I think your policy isn't good cuz I can buy thousands of dollars in watches off your forum but but when I decide I want to I can't sell. The cheapest watch I've bought was $750. Almost all of the watches were over $1000 and high value. I'll just take my business else where because buyers like me are a premium and aren't very common. And the watches I sell aren't common either.

Oke, you get the idea . . . .

A while ago I wrote a guide on how to mod/franken your Daytona, including which pieces to get, which modders to contact etc. etc. I wrote this guide like 1 1/2 years ago. I get 2-3 PMs weekly asking me what the best Daytona is, who can mod what and what to do in general with your Daytona... which is all answered in the guide... its really frustrating I feel you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.