• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Australian watchmaker, rep friendly!

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Any good repair places in Perth?

I have a very good news for you MauiDave. We do have rep friendly watchmaker here in Perth.:thumbsup: His name is Glen from Watchwise at London court, St. Gorgeous Tce End on second level.

I did have a brief chat with him while I had some minor mod done for my BP sea-dweller and asked him about regarding movement servicing, regulating and most importantly modding watches. He said its really depend on cases as he is OK with those high end replica watches servicing and have no issue with that. He also has no problem doing with bolt on modding i.e swap dial and hands, crown, crystal, bracelet, etc swap. I doubt that he would interested in those extensive modding tho. Well from my experience (IMO) he is really a nice guy and very helpful and also he is aware that I would tell about him in this forum.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
That's great I had a customer come in who is studying to be a watchmaker. And about to finish his course. Quite happy to work on Chinese movements. I have a cheapo I'm gonna give him with a stem problem to see how good he will be. But I think he will be cheap and he is extremely exited about it. Loves the hobby wants to make it a career.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
That's great I had a customer come in who is studying to be a watchmaker. And about to finish his course. Quite happy to work on Chinese movements. I have a cheapo I'm gonna give him with a stem problem to see how good he will be. But I think he will be cheap and he is extremely exited about it. Loves the hobby wants to make it a career.

well thats cool, let me know how he goes yeah

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Will do mate might give him a ring Monday. See if he can pick it up, oh yeah he drives a cab. So might even pick up watches if your close enough to him. But don't hold me to that one. Lets just see if he can actually fix a watch first.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

rudeney

Known Member
16/7/13
Hey all, anyone found a decent watchsmith in Brisbane to work on reps?

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Will do mate might give him a ring Monday. See if he can pick it up, oh yeah he drives a cab. So might even pick up watches if your close enough to him. But don't hold me to that one. Lets just see if he can actually fix a watch first.

Sent from my iPad cause I'm to lazy to sit at a computer.

yeah true true lol

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Don't waste your time with places around Wynard station Sydney, all the places quoted me $600 to $800 for a service

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
How much should it cost to service 2824-types vs. 7750s with chronological functions? What's the spread?

And why oh why can't I just have someone in LA I can bring stuff into for this??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
How much should it cost to service 2824-types vs. 7750s with chronological functions? What's the spread?

And why oh why can't I just have someone in LA I can bring stuff into for this??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Around $100 for 2824, while you should probably expect at least $150+ for a full and good service of a 7750. Likely even more for more complex 7750s (ie. sec@6/12)

ippykaye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/11
Hi guys, looks like Dainese has put you onto George Yoon on Pitt St. Glad to know a few other guys have been there and a relatively pleased. It's a messy shop but he gets the work done :) I've recommended a few guys to him on RepGeek so looks like he's getting some business now.

I've taken a few to him and recently my IWC Ingenieur Laureus due to the date not flipping over. Did a full service and it's running beautifully now.

I had him repair the stem/crown on my gen Cartier- $150 vs. $600 from Richemont lol

I notice there's a chap in Hornsby based on the OP post. Might give him a go too.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Wow, I was made sticky!

Got David to sort another problem ETA for me, still good and still able.
Saw the post on the A7750. Don't know about the A7750 comment, but I've not asked him to do one of those.

UPDATE:

Go elsewhere. Has become a hack.

ippykaye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/7/11
So David is still interested (this is David @ Hornsby)?

I may have misread he's no longer interested in reps but I may be mistaken. Good to know! :)

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
So far as I know. He hasn't told me to bugger off. Call and ask, I guess.

Dinicol

Horology Curious
4/4/13
Hi Guys, -interesting comments here, -does anyone have a phone number for this George Yoon???? -I'm from Melbourne and I want to send up some watches for repair. -Thanks.

justudor

18/1/13
Hi Guys, -interesting comments here, -does anyone have a phone number for this George Yoon???? -I'm from Melbourne and I want to send up some watches for repair. -Thanks.

Hey,
I might be able to get it today. But I think I could be bothered to drop them off for you if the need arose.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I Posted in another thread and also at RG this information.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share details of a watchsmith I have been using in Sydney. He does great work and is willing to fix pretty much anything. From Quartz/7750/ETA Clone whatever you have and he does a very very good job and prices are fair. Very very quick turnaround too. I just gave him my IWC Big Pilot to have a dial swapped maybe 30mins ago. He said it will be ready tomorrow morning.

He also fixed a crown and stem issue on a 7750 for me. Did a movement swap for me/Hand and Dial swaps. I'm not sure about providing full service for a 7750 watch or any other movement but he will fix it if it dies.

Also fixed some chrono issues I had with some watches previously where it wasn't resetting properly or the actual subdials were moving loosely by themselves.

Anyway try him out yourself. You MUST ask for the boss. Forgot his name (might be Ken) but he is a tall Asian guy with glasses. Speaks good English too.

Probably better to go there in person. Hes a nice guy.

Watch Express
Westpoint Shopping Centre Blacktown.
(02) 9671 7388

Shooboo

Renowned Member
8/9/13
Try this guy for NSW australian members!
i see alot of Pams /rolex and omegas in his photos (he showed me his photos of the watches he services)
i spend a few minutes here and there talking to him when i do my groceries
his really nice and helpful. i think i asked for a service quote he said around $100-$120 or so? cant remember but was quite cheap.
=)

Kim is the guys name
Bonnyrigg Watch Centre
K4 Bonnyrig Ave, Bonnyrigg Plaza NSW 2177
02 9730890