• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel too high

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
Hi so my guy put together my watch it’s a VR 116610 LV with a gen bezel assembly including gen retaining ring.

Problem is the bezel sits 1-2 mm too high. Like the retaining rings needs to be shorter or pressed more?. I can push it down so it’s flush with the case but it pops back up once in a while. I can’t pull it off so it’s secured on.

Can you help fix this?

Here’s some pics
48bd827f15fdd796dc33fa3b0311116c.jpeg

And if I push it down

fe9c3c82ccce290793a724e3f42d976b.jpeg

Also if you in conus and know how to help I appreciate shooting my a PM so I can send it over.

Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
My original modder is too busy to fix this that’s why I’m reaching out.

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
looks as though the crystal retaining ring might not be seated all the way?...it is what captures the bezel assy...just a guess though....

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
This is the space on gen about .2-.3 mm
49415f37aa8b4aea69441ef2b44bc998.jpg

Reactions: Oascom

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Are you using a tension ring under the bezel? You could try removing it. Also are your springs and balls gen? You could get some aftermarket springs on Amazon and cut them shorter.

I would check that the retaining ring is fully seated first though.

Last edited:

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
Thanks guys!! I’m having someone else look at it next week and will report back.

Crazy that gen has some play too. My gen doesn’t but then again there is always some room for variation not matter the make.

Mav2000

10/1/19
Is the bezel not supposed to have a slight up and down movement on the springs? Mine has it, and I seem to have read that that's how it supposed to be.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Thanks guys!! I’m having someone else look at it next week and will report back.

Crazy that gen has some play too. My gen doesn’t but then again there is always some room for variation not matter the make.

LOL, not at all, if it was in contact with the case then that would create friction and it wouldn't rotate as smoothly.

Your modder hasn't pushed the crystal retaining ring down fully - he was probably too busy at the time.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
My original modder is too busy to fix this that’s why I’m reaching out.

It’s always suspect when the person who works on an item originally (regardless of what it is. A watch, a car, a house.) says “yes, I worked on this originally and there may be an issue with the work I did but I am too busy to repair or even look at it and spend 30 seconds (or even 30 minutes) fixing it.

Are you sure you didn’t do this yourself? There’s nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
It’s always suspect when the person who works on an item originally (regardless of what it is. A watch, a car, a house.) says “yes, I worked on this originally and there may be an issue with the work I did but I am too busy to repair or even look at it and spend 30 seconds (or even 30 minutes) fixing it.

Lol yeah I wish I did this - then I could fix it with y’all help. No the guy who help out is also the guy who makes all our great 2xAR crystals =) but with the corona virus going on he has more important family stuff to focus on and I don’t blame him one bit!!

I see how it’s not supposed to be seated too low or it won’t turn but this has too much rocking action and it actually sits higher than the crystal now.

Agree hope it’s a quick fix.

Thank you all

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15

“Just asking for a friend...” ????

kbchow

Renowned Member
Certified
10/10/15
[mention]oascom [/mention]coming in with the win. Please reach out to him for all your mods! Thank you.
b5006f5d8f7d65cd76c24fbb7e0a55fd.jpg

cb36a21f1d84ea7400fe49ed86f41057.jpg

Reactions: Oascom