• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

D4M's Review of Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
The Watch: Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono, Black Dial with White Sub-Dials.
The Movement: Asian 7750 28,800bph movement with working chronograph.
The Cost: $325 plus shipping

What a replica! What a replica! What a watch!

I now serve notice to all replica collectors who think that you cannot find quality outside of the Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC brands.
YES YOU CAN!

If you are wanting to add a sporty watch to your collection and you are all Omega'd out, you may love the Porsche Design Flat-6 chrono.

This watch wears like a 42-43mm watch, it is comfortable to wear as you dont have the annoying chrono buttons poking into your wrist.

This watch sports an Asian 7750 28,800bph movement, a sapphire crystal with single very light AR coating and I swear...it has the same light AR coating on the rear sapphire crystal ( I could not capture it on camera).

As previously mentioned it has recessed chrono buttons at the 2 & 4 positions, a dust repellent rubber strap with a double deployant clasp.
The case construction seems strong and high quality and I plant to take apart this watch to see how the chronos recess into the case to determine how waterproof friendly this watch will be. The bezel is polished on the side and brushed stainless steel on top with Tachymeter digits around the entire bezel, each number and mark is filed with black paint.

e7668879.jpg

fb8b5d8f.jpg

The case is brushed stainless steel with polished stainless steel between each "fin" (as it's designed to look like the fins on a Porsche car). It has a screwdown crown with threads exposed for easy lubrication, the crown has "P' " in the correct font and is brushed stainless stell.

80e1bcbd.jpg

9bee5127.jpg

The caseback is a display caseback and is held in place by six flat head screws. The detailed engraving on the caseback is as follows: At the "4" position "120M WATER RESISTANT" , at the "7" " 180 ' 1576", at the "9" "Porsche Design P ' 6340" , at the "11" "SWISS MADE" , at the "1" "M41 STAINLESS STEEL".

The rotor is perforated to resemble a Porsche automobile rim and is engraved with "Porsche Design" filed in with black paint.

b7e5b9e3.jpg

The rubber strap has "PORSCHE DESIGN" engraved on the bottom strap on the right/top of the strap. The inside of the strap is textured like an automobile tire with the outside being a flat matte look. This is a "cut down" strap meaning that you will have to cut down the strap on each side in order to center the deployant on the bottom of your wrist.

e9ee0277.jpg

faeb6b97.jpg

The double deployant clasp has an engraved " P ' " one on each clasp, in opposite corners. It is polished on the sides of the clasp and on two boarders of the clasp, the middle being brushed stainless steel.

1170e5f0.jpg

From what I can tell, this Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono has all of the correct markings, correct spellings and the factory finally got it right on a watch and perfectly recreated the font on the dial as well as the date wheel!! :mrgreen:

7d0fe126.jpg

6aac4d15.jpg

6da2033e.jpg

I mentioned that the size of this watch is a 43mm or 44mm but feels slightly smaller than my Panerai 111H and is very similar to that of the Cousteau Diver 2006. Below is a comparison of the IWC Cousteau Diver 2006 and the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chrono.

696190ce.jpg

ccc8a622.jpg

I hope you enjoyed my review of the Porsche Design Flat-6 Chronograph. :)

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
Good stuff D.,

Have my order on the red face with TWP on the go....seems like an excellent rep.... 8)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Excellent review d4me. I wish I can have every single of these excellent reps.

sam_tgg

Known Member
18/8/06
Thanks D!

This Porsche is in the list for this year, for sure.

Great photos!

pzissimos

Known Member
20/9/06
Thanks D4M for that excellent review.
This is my gotta have it for this year.
Does Anybody know if any of the dealers is selling it with the SS bracelet?

Pete :D

Panama

10/9/06
Very detailed and well structured review D4me. Thumbs up for you! :)

therebel

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Great review and great pics! Your becoming pretty handy with your camera lately.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Great review, D4M. Moving this to the review section.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Thanks seanf,

I'm getting better at these, thought about putting it there but really wanted someone else to be the judge of that,, that is where the good ones go! :oops:

@everyone, thanks for the kind remarks, I keep working with the camera,, getting better, just taking some time. :)

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Quick Wrist Shot.. sorry for poor quality

01c6ec29.jpg

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Ok, I want to confirm, the rear sapphire crystal DOES have single sided AR Coating. I removed the caseback, greased the gasket and it was obvious.... an AR coating. :D

flyby75

14/7/07
Thanks for the review....Looks nice.
I think I must buy one, to go with the car...

Regards

iwc101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/08
My first rep (+ my first post on this great forum), and what a fantastic rep it is! I’m amazed with the quality and the looks of this watch.
Got mine earlier today, and I can’t wait to get the strap fixed so that I can start enjoying this beauty!

Bought mine from Joshua, and like I said, it’s my first rep. Super service all the way. I will for sure come
back and buy more watches from J. Truly top notch!

daytona4me, thank you so much for your great review. It made it much easier to choose this watch as my first real rep.
I guess I’m hooked already… :mrgreen:

Cheers!

stevie7s

Known Member
5/10/06
Amazing that these factories can get the obscure "luxury sport" watches almost 1:1 (i.e.; Porsche 6, Ferrari by Panerai series) but we have to suffer with sub par dials on 111's and 005's.

Great review. Thanks