• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any one got time for an 1600 franken buld?

RolyFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/18
Romania
Hey! I curentlly own an 16220 franken DJ build by MMM last month and now I am searching for someone to build me an 1600 franken DJ. Pm me if you got time and we can get started.

This are the details:

-Gen Champagne Linen Dial
-Gen 14k Bezel
-Gen 14k Crown
-Gen Crystall
-1600 Case
-Eta 2824 movement
-Open 6 and 9 DW
-Black Leather Bracelet

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
A recipe for disaster - will you be paying for the parts up front or once you see the final result ? - either way this will end in tears.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Have you taken time to cost out parts for this build? Do you already have the parts? These gen parts aren't cheap and aren't abundantly available.
Do you know where to source the parts or are you expecting the person building to do it for you?
There's a lot of time and money invested in these builds. Be sure you have a budget and a plan before asking someone to do a build for you.
Good luck !

RolyFan

17/8/18
Romania
Have you taken time to cost out parts for this build? Do you already have the parts? These gen parts aren't cheap and aren't abundantly available.
Do you know where to source the parts or are you expecting the person building to do it for you?
There's a lot of time and money invested in these builds. Be sure you have a budget and a plan before asking someone to do a build for you.
Good luck !

Dont have the parts. I don’t know wher to get them. I am just waiting for a member to give me an estimated price and get started with it. BUT if you are right and the price if out the roof then i will rethink my idea. Thx!

Sent from the RWI App

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Dont have the parts. I don’t know wher to get them. I am just waiting for a member to give me an estimated price and get started with it. BUT if you are right and the price if out the roof then i will rethink my idea. Thx!

Sent from the RWI App

Which member are you waiting for?
I suggest you start with this thread in the main forum in the Rolex/Tudor sub forum. It is over 20+ pages long with great detail.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-the-ultimate-rolex-reference-guide-by-bonesy

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Why do you say that Sir, its my idea bad?

Sent from the RWI App

You should be a little more discerning, whether you send money or whether you send parts for the build, if the end results are poor or inexistant you won't be happy. You can't just let anybody build you a watch, check out threads on Date Just builds, see who is trusted to do a good job, who is inthe same country or close to you etc.

RolyFan

17/8/18
Romania
You should be a little more discerning, whether you send money or whether you send parts for the build, if the end results are poor or inexistant you won't be happy. You can't just let anybody build you a watch, check out threads on Date Just builds, see who is trusted to do a good job, who is inthe same country or close to you etc.

Thx for the advice! Much appreciated.

Sent from the RWI App

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Sometimes its cheaper to buy the real thing.. you just need to be patient and stalk ebay. Also educate yourself on gens so your not taken by Frankens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk