• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Do you guys reckon it's sensible rejecting QC for damaged screws?

Well it depends on what you can accept or not. But to be honest, mine are also damaged. On the QC pics it looked fatal, i accepted because i don’t care about.
I got the watch today and it is nearly impossible to see with your eyes. So don’t worry about :) imo.

Reactions: Exklusive

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
I'm a noob when it comes to watches but usually when something comes with screws, I would assume that there's a function for those screws. Have had many bad experiences trying to unscrew boxes and electronics where the screws have been rounded.

So based on this logic, should the watch require servicing and repairs, having damaged screws would make opening the case significantly more difficult.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
https://picr.me/image/EJJvr

I really don't have the best luck with the big TDs here on this forum. I get a watch with a very noticeable silver piece(marker or metal shaving) stuck between 10 and 11 markers which was not seen on the QC pics at all.

I messaged the TD(I won't mention who yet pending how they resolve my issue)

I guess local watchsmith to try to remove it?

Edit: Markers and dial are okay not crooked, you really have to view this watch head on with it flat on the table.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

I think it's inexcusable that someone can't install the screws without totally ruining them. I would not accept it, you are never going to find replacement screws.

Limztf

13/10/12
Guys I wrote this 4 months ago. I can’t believe I’m still waiting!
:picard2:

Omg VIV I hope you get your black dial one soon.. when was the last time you messaged your TD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Well it depends on what you can accept or not. But to be honest, mine are also damaged. On the QC pics it looked fatal, i accepted because i don’t care about.
I got the watch today and it is nearly impossible to see with your eyes. So don’t worry about :) imo.

Exactly. Same here....

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15

I requested 3 different QC watches and ALL comes with damaged screws. If everything else is good, I would suggest just accept it.

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
I ordered two silver ones and both have damaged screws. I think that it's a general problem at the moment.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I think the damaged screws might be due to the fact that there have been water resistance issues and they have been opening up the watches to attend to the issue.

Reactions: Nivka and freediver

Markoff

Horology Curious
1/9/11
I ordered silver dial from Sead, waiting my QC; though I'm sceptic about lifted markers...
Br
Mark

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I could not find ones. If you do, please post here.

G

I've ordered Rose Gold White dial.

I also had an appointment to go pick up a Gen strap from the JLC boutique store in London (£310 for a brown leather).

Before I went I decided to have a look on eBay. I managed to pick up a used (but very good condition) Gen JLC brown strap for £40!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
For those who are wondering about the floating markers. Just went to a dealer and took this photo of a gen. The markers float as well.
1e656ca82cacde37c0b39db8f1c20a59.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk