• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portuguese 500710 ZF V5

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
Definitely needed. Orloff has some great leather options too — that is what I have on mine and I am more than happy with it. His straps are worth a look too.

Reactions: Archie_Bunker

Archie_Bunker

Horology Curious
6/9/20
Any tip for where to get a genuine strap and if I should get the buckle also?

Last edited:

Archie_Bunker

Horology Curious
6/9/20
Definitely needed. Orloff has some great leather options too — that is what I have on mine and I am more than happy with it. His straps are worth a look too.

Im getting a new original strap from IWC shop tomorrow. Just confirmed they have in stock

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
Congratulations on the watch. I have the same with the grey dial and love it!
Enjoy, and the new strap looks great.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
How's the rotor on this one? Thinking of buying the white dial for my dad but he doesn't have access to a modder. Is it silent?

Archie_Bunker

Horology Curious
6/9/20
How's the rotor on this one? Thinking of buying the white dial for my dad but he doesn't have access to a modder. Is it silent?

I don’t have experience with the original one, but I cannot hear the watch ticking and on the wrist I cant also hear any noise when I move the wrist around.

Movement: New Clone 52010 Automatic Based on 23J Automatic Movement.

The power reserve actually works but not for the 7 days. When you wind the watch the power reserve dial indicator moves and when wearing it , it also gains power. The maximum it lasted until now was about 3 days.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patsanchik

Tobel

6/7/17
I don’t have experience with the original one, but I cannot hear the watch ticking and on the wrist I cant also hear any noise when I move the wrist around.

Movement: New Clone 52010 Automatic Based on 23J Automatic Movement.

The power reserve actually works but not for the 7 days. When you wind the watch the power reserve dial indicator moves and when wearing it , it also gains power. The maximum it lasted until now was about 3 days.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the detailed response!

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Does anyone have an idea how I can clean the tarnished / oxidized rose gold dial numbers / indices (4-8 o‘clock) on this gen limited edition dial before I put it in a ZF 5007 V5? Thanks for your advice.

kielecki

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/10/20
Thinking of buying the Blue dial , looks amazing

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Anyone know what the improvements are on the V5, I have a V3 that doesn't look much different.

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi Archie_Bunker , how was your experience buying the gen strap? I bought the ZF as a present to my dad and now he's looking for a gen strap as well. Did you go through their concierge or in shop? Did they bother you as you didn't have the gen or a gen serial?

Thanks and merry Christmas :)

Last edited: