• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IW371447 ZF V3 - Quick Review + Help Needed

Soren_75

Looking Around
14/1/19
Hi guys,

A quick review of my first rep buy !
I went for the IW371447 as it's my dream watch for wuite some time now. I think it goes back to 2005 french movie Anthony Zimmer where the watch was featured !

I have to thanks chris3007 for posting this review as it gave me confidence to purchase the watch.

So I placed my order with Ryan and everything went smoothly, received the watch a few days after validating the QC pics.

Here's a wrist shot of the watch :

Overall, the watch is really nice, you would have to put it under a microscope to spot any difference. I'm very happy with it, it's nicely made and finished. I would only have 2 critics to make :

1-The strap could be better looking, i'd probably go for an OEM
2-The clasp opens a bit too easily

but this is nitpicking. Well at least on the look perspective... cause there's a downside unfortunately :

Along with the QC pics, I received this timegraph and was very happy with it (COSC material here !) :

Unfortunately it only tells a part of the story...
I have the watch for less than a week and noticed that the movement has some issues :

-Lack of power reserve
-Manual winding not doing much...

I read about similar issues over the forums and it seems it's common issues with the A7750. Anyway, a bit disappointed about that given the price...

I was wondering if someone could send me a tutorial on how to service an A7750 and what to look for in order to do it myself because I don't know any rep friendly watchsmith near home (Paris, FR) or If anyone could redirect me to someone that would know how to deal with it.

Another question : when winding the movement, what is the correct direction ? Should you hear clicks or the rotor moving ?

Many thanks for any help, much appreciated :)

Reactions: austonmatthews

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
servicing a 7750 is not something you want to do without any experience, you will be probably screw up the entire mvt...offer it to a watchmaker for service...

Soren_75

Looking Around
14/1/19
Thank You DrDealgood it seems a bit jammed in this direction I don't want to force it so I guess the movement would need at least oil. @capice01 yes I was only wondering if there was something easy to do but I don't want to risk anything, I tried once on an ETA 6497 and it requires some experience indeed, everything's so small..

WC800729

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
23/11/18
USA
I believe some of the 7750's do have the issue of the rotor spinning while winding, mine have.
I remember a thread about using D-5 on the rotor bearing which resolved the issues for that user and myself, even though the watch was to be "cleaned and lubricated" when I purchased it.

I own a few 7750's and do not have the guts or experience to start to dissect one. The most I have ever done is to remove and lubricate the rotor bearings on some to quiet them down and stop the aforementioned rotor spinning while winding.
There are a number of Trusted watch smiths listed on the forum, why not get in touch with one or two and get the pricing to clean and adjust the watch if required? From what you describe, it sounds like it is working correctly, but I may be misunderstanding.
As for the power reserve, mine have never kept what the gens do. I just accept it as part of the watch, not being gen.

Dbcooop61

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/18
I have had one of these for a few weeks. The watch itself looks great, but if I had to use one word to describe the sound of the automatic rotor, I would choose "disgusting".

Overall I was unimpressed since its a little ridiculous to flick your wrist in a quiet room and make a sound akin to a drone.

rlx4uzz

Horology Curious
16/4/18
I have been watching tutorials from this guys. He has 7750 detailed teardown and servicing tutorial. I would not mind trying to do it, just need a lab rat a7750, it does take tons of practice. The guy is awesome though, good video quality, no music or other nonsense, narrate all lubes by grade, camera perfectly positioned above the movement. Recommend to everyone.

https://youtu.be/BesSK67Mzms

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have been watching tutorials from this guys. He has 7750 detailed teardown and servicing tutorial. I would not mind trying to do it, just need a lab rat a7750, it does take tons of practice. The guy is awesome though, good video quality, no music or other nonsense, narrate all lubes by grade, camera perfectly positioned above the movement. Recommend to everyone.

100% with you BUT ... BUT
Those videos are made in a watch course purpose so they tend to make watch servicing look easier than it is.
Mark is much more than good at what he does and the videos are close-ups, so everything looks soooo easy.
Then, strangely, when you take your chance , the movement parts seem to be smaller and they tend to have their own life and fly everywhere ????
Then you look back at Mark's videos, say "wow !!! that guy is huge", and train until you can do the job.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

rlx4uzz

Horology Curious
16/4/18
True, the guy is super. I am scooping up some broken parts and will try to shoot "follow Mark" type video.... wishful thinking, but if i do will def post here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
servicing a 7750 is not something you want to do without any experience, you will be probably screw up the entire mvt...offer it to a watchmaker for service...

You can always send it to Johnny Depp. Although he is located in Italy, he will take care of you. Excellent service.

Send him a PM.

austonmatthews

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/10/17
I'm not aware that ZF released a black dial v3 version. Can anyone provide a link as I can't seem to find on listed on a dealers website?