• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Mark XVII Le Petit Prince from V6F for only $198?

nismo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
22/12/15
Hey all, I am ready to pull the trigger on this watch from Trusty Time: http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_191&products_id=14353. Assuming ttw8488.com is the right TrustyTime website as there are two(2) other websites that copy everything from ttw8488.

I have compared the V6F against MK and other makers. I decided to go for the V6F as it is the closest to gen IMO, and I found it is quite cheap at Trusty Time for only $198 while all other TDs go for >$300. I know Trusty Time is not a TD here but he is a TD at RWG, RG and other forums as well. I am still a newbie here so can someone help me out to decide? What makes the price so low here? All inputs will be appreciated. Thank you all.

nismo

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
22/12/15
The movement in this watch is a Clone 2892 movement which has 21 jewels (balance wheel @12). It is not the 21J which is known as 2813 movement (I believe the balance wheel is @8 for the 2813 21J). But thanks for the input though.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I've bought many watches from Andrew a/k/a Trusty when I was spending a lot of time on RG. He's reliable.

Hey all, I am ready to pull the trigger on this watch from Trusty Time: http://www.ttw8488.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_191&products_id=14353. Assuming ttw8488.com is the right TrustyTime website as there are two(2) other websites that copy everything from ttw8488.

I have compared the V6F against MK and other makers. I decided to go for the V6F as it is the closest to gen IMO, and I found it is quite cheap at Trusty Time for only $198 while all other TDs go for >$300. I know Trusty Time is not a TD here but he is a TD at RWG, RG and other forums as well. I am still a newbie here so can someone help me out to decide? What makes the price so low here? All inputs will be appreciated. Thank you all.

nismo

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
22/12/15
I've bought many watches from Andrew a/k/a Trusty when I was spending a lot of time on RG. He's reliable.

Thanks Tucker. I know he is reliable but I am just wondering what makes the price is much lower relative to other TDs. Did he send you QC pics when you ordered from him?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Andrew is the only Non TD we have a disclamer against ....

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Unfortunately there's not a super accurate LPP mark XVII version. Each version has pros and cons.
MKF has a more accurate external brushed bezel, crown and markers font.
V6F has a better case-back, date wheel and dial color.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks Tucker. I know he is reliable but I am just wondering what makes the price is much lower relative to other TDs. Did he send you QC pics when you ordered from him?

I'd heed the information of [MENTION=42327]Raddave[/MENTION]. If you don't have the backing of RWI I'd find another RWI TD to get you the watch. They should all have access to it. Good luck.

pippo

10/1/10
PC is not a trusted dealer here and just for your information, current batch of Mark XVII LPP V6F from Perfect Clones comes with a wrong date wheel (unlike their pics on the website)
That makes the offer way less appealing now....

dfq23

18/12/12
I got one from PC. High beat movement and correct date wheel

pippo

10/1/10
This is the message I got from PC after rejecting the watch and motivating the reason

"The IWC… Current stocks does not have the dates you wanted.. Please consider replacement watches.."

pippo

10/1/10
By the way, everything else is exactly like in PC website pictures, save the dw.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
i just got QC pics and it has the wrong date wheel also. do you guys think it is worth at punt at this price?

pippo

10/1/10
I would ask Toro or other dealers if they can source the same V6F watch with the correct dw.
SW sells a gen dw for 70 USD, you might consider that option too.

borku

Known Member
25/12/15
Is it asking to much a close comparison among this date wheel, the one of the previous version and gen?
For un untrained eye like mine is very difficult to see the differences.

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
I would ask Toro or other dealers if they can source the same V6F watch with the correct dw.
SW sells a gen dw for 70 USD, you might consider that option too.
Yeah, I had a look on SW, so a V6F from PC at this price with a gen date wheel will still cost less than a MK!
Seems the consensus is that V6F dial colour is more accurate, but MK dial printing is slightly better, but the MK caseback is bad..... Looks like the little prince was beaten with an ugly stick...
Guess V6F seems to be overall better choice.

pippo

10/1/10
Yeah, I had a look on SW, so a V6F from PC at this price with a gen date wheel will still cost less than a MK!
Seems the consensus is that V6F dial colour is more accurate, but MK dial printing is slightly better, but the MK caseback is bad..... Looks like the little prince was beaten with an ugly stick...
Guess V6F seems to be overall better choice.

MK caseback is not that bad imho :)
It's true the drawing is not 100% accurate but the engraving is deeper on MK

NickOT

I'm Pretty Popular
1/10/09
MK caseback is not that bad imho :)
It's true the drawing is not 100% accurate but the engraving is deeper on MK

i guess it's all down to personal preference. I don't think the gen engravings are very deep either, but imo having a deformed looking little prince is more of an issue than the dial printing not quite as sharp as the MK.
not to mention the price difference of over $100.

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
I just received this model from Josh still with correct datewheel. The watch is really spot on especially the dial color with it's very sublime sunburst. Engraving are not very deep but I don't know how the gen is, it's really difficult to spot that. Worth every penny.. damn shame the box is utter shaite.