• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO HBB REPS (A work in progress)

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Hi
I was just wondering how many different makers of the HH watches are their ?
I mean are there hundreds of factories or do the dealers get them from one or two

How can you tell the different grades ?
Thanks

There are probably so many that it's not possible to count. However, a better question is: How many makers are there of reps that are worth considering?

Even that is a tricky question. The short list:

V1 - The original and considered by many to be the best. All case parts allegedly 1:1 with the gen. Uses best hi beat A7750 movement. Great double AR on crystal.

V2 - Well made rep, but not 1:1. H-screws and other parts are not interchangeable with gen (or the V1 reps). Uses less reliable low beat A7750 movement. Great double AR on crystal.

V3 - Usually sold on a beautiful bracelet. Again, not 1:1, but still very nice. Low beat A7750. Nice datewheel, but no AR on crystal.

V4 - Produced only the Senna model. Very nice rep, in some ways better than V1. Probably 1:1 like the V1 as well. Hi beat A7750 and great double AR.

V5 - Probably from the same maker as the V4 above. Specs as above. Latest models. This maker is not producing any of the same models made by the V1 maker.

V1.5 (aka V1 Lite) - Just released after Christmas 2010. Full ceramic models only. Same as V1 at less than half the price, but supposedly based on different (inferior) inner case core that uses different size H-screws, bezel and strap covers. Information unconfirmed because no one has actually received one yet.

Most other versions will either use quartz movements or A21 jewel movements, and they really aren't worth your time.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
The colour is not a real tell, some same models come with both, just have a look at HBB"s website. I wouldn't worry about that, but prefer black aesthetically

VIPman2

Looking Around
28/8/10
I also prefer black, that's why the one from Trevor Caught my attention. What do you think about it ? Do you think it's a V1 lite ?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
No, not as we know them. The product was added in june 2010 to his catalogue, and the newest V1 "lite" or call them whatever they are, are more recent and have a smooth strap.
It can be an old V1 lite (they existed already, mine is one and is 4 years old). I have doubts it is still available as pictured.

VIPman2

Looking Around
28/8/10
It seems to be a good deal for this price. Maybe too good...
Do you know where i could find a good HBB steel/ceramic for a price under 300 or 350 $ ?

fedorem

Horology Curious
27/1/11
just for you.

An antireflective or anti-reflection (AR) coating is a type of optical coating applied to the surface of lenses and other optical devices to reduce reflection. This improves the efficiency of the system since less light is lost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-reflective_coating

Thx !

I am about to order this one, it seems like the satisfaction on this particular model is 100%. Btw, is this rubber strap stiff or is it soft and " bendable " as it should be ?

Is there any modifications/uppgrades i should do the make it look/run better besides the AR ? ( Dont know how and where it can be done )

I am falling in love with this forum.

Darkwan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/11
1st post.

I've been looking to get a quality rep HBB. Though I'm yet to decide on the particular model, this thread has certainly been an eye opener for me as I had no clue on a good reputable rep maker to approach. I hope to get a quality soon.

Are there any other reputable rep makers apart from Hont?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
more or less any of our dealers can get you a great HBB rep. you're spending around 650-700$ on a ultimate v1 HBB rep, and around 300$ on a v1-lite rep.

neledoc

Horology Curious
3/3/11
Great writing. I'm new here and looking to buy a HBB rep. This info is very useful. Thank you. Btw, I heard that there will be some new qualiti HBB reps coming out now in the months after CNY. Has anyone heard anything like that?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
These could be the Fusion HBB, they're already oujt. Although it does not seem to be so, the case is very different.

viperz42

Horology Curious
8/1/11
Ok yall... I am doing my best as a Noob to follow all of this... but having a hard time. I am looking for the Hublot Big Bang King (all black). I know you all know what this watch looks like, but in case I screwed up the name, here is the watch I am referring to:
http://www.geekwatches.com/hublot/all-black-hublot-big-bang-king-power

I have searched through the reputable dealers on this site and found the following links:
1) http://www.watcheden.biz/hublot-big...with-black-dial-rubber-strap-i-41122-p-1.html
2) http://www.replicamake88.com/produc...G-POWER-PVD-RUBBER-48MM-ASIAN-7750-BLACK.html
3) http://www.hontwatch.com/productdetails_2252.html
4) http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/big-bang-king-power-all-black-lite/

To a noob like me, they all look like the same watch, but all have different prices... Is there something I am missing? If they are different, which is the highest quality? Also, I noticed that all of them seem to have a blue tinted face... is this like the gen? Any way I could have the face replaced with a clear cover to be more realistic?

THANK YOU all in advance for putting up with my question!!

viperz42

Horology Curious
8/1/11
One last thing... I noticed that the watch from watcheden does not list "AR coating" after Sapphire Crystal as all the others do.. does this mean it does not have that feature? From the very first post on this thread, I am assuming all of the models I listed are the "Silix version" as they all have the 7750, double AR and are screw down... is this correct? or are any a V2?

Also, it looks I have found a similar quartz model as well:
http://www.timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=4816

I hope you all can see I am trying, and I would really appreciate your input on the above watches I have listed if any are of clear better quality than the other, or if they are all indeed the same rep.

Thanks!!!

Effe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/11
Hey Guys I'm new to this forum ... well not exactly new but I've never posted before! I would really like to know waht's your opinion on this watchhttp://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...sion-45mm-11-all-black-on-black-rubber-strap/

with the swiss ETA movement. And can any of you guys tell me if it's possible to change that rotor for the one that looks like the original from Hublot?

Some people were saying that this model doesn't have the flyback, but I checked and the 2011 model does have one....

Well that's all for now

Thanks a lot!

gr

Horology Curious
13/3/08
Great write-up!

I already have a HBB quartz bought in China a few weeks ago. I somewhat regret not reading up on it here first, but due to work I had really limited time available for shopping in the "fake market", and just chose the most expensive model the guy had. I did not actually know a lot about Hublot up front, and first bought a Breitling Bentley, then the Big Bang caught my eye and I could not let it go. I really enjoyed the finish of it compared to other fake watches, and even genuine watches a lot higher priced. It just looked expensive, not even knowing anything about the brand.

He actually had HBBs for a third of the price on the one I got, but they certainly did not look anywhere near as good as the one I got. I am also wondering if the bezel might be ceramic as the dealer actually scratched the glass counter without a mark on the bezel. There is a small fault on the buttons that I do not like and also after getting home I noticed that when resetting the stop watch the red hand actually stops a bit past 12. However I think my biggest regret after reading this is that I got the quartz version, as the placement of the dials are going to annoy me a lot now that I know about it. Even though a quartz fits my use a lot better I am a perfectionist and I am going to be thinking alot about these flaws. Ultimately though, the watch looks really good and gets a lot of compliments.

Anyone know if it is possible to reset the stop watch so it goes perfectly vertical?