• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ultimate Big Bang Ceramic Review (pic Heavy) just one click away

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
Many of us on the forum have had one for a long time now, many enjoy it, some can´t wear it (strap-clasp issues).
This forum has thought me a lot and Thanks to all you guys I am able to seek out the best reps available on this planet without being ripped off. A very special thanks also to our TD´s who make sure we get these beauties to our homes!! To give back a little bit to this forum I will do reviews of all the watches I get and reunite all the info I gathered through hours of studying here... Here is my first review with lots of pics I took and solutions to certain areas for everyone to enjoy this amazing piece!

BIG BANG V6.5 CERAMIC BEZEL-SS CASE / BLACK RUBBER STRAP

DIAL:

In the picture below I tried to highlight the Carbon effect on the dial. It is not real carbon, it is a pattern, just like on the GEN! It gives the watch a really nice touch and it is a delight to see how the pattern changes according to the light that falls on it.

CERAMIC BEZEL:

The bezel is VERY shiny and looks stunning with the H screws. It IS a fingerprint magnet, but just swipe your sleeve over it and it´s as good as new!
The rep bezel has like 7 teeth on the side where as the GEN has 4,5. That could be a tell on this watch, so you decide if you can live with it. If not, buy the all Stainless Steel version, that one has the correct bezel.

CLASP:

Here comes the tricky one!! A loooooot of people suffer from the clasp digging into the wrist! And when I ordered the watch I hope it was all exagerated, but NO!! I also ended up with a nice Hublot tattoo on my wrist every time I put it on, and it feels very unpleasant!!
So what did I do? I wasn´t gonna give up on this beauty!! First I noticed that the strap is quite rigid where it is attached to the case itself, so I applied inward pressure on it while heating it up with a hairdryer. That made it a lot softer, so I tied it together until it cooled down hoping it would stay in that shape.
Secondly I took out my Dremel and started shaving away gently the two pointy corners of the clasp to make them rounder and smoother (marked in the picture below).
I don´t know if the rubber went back to its original shape, but in combination with the shaving it is perfect to wear, an invisible mod and no more Hublot stamps on my wrist!! I can wear it all day long without noticing anything! What a little difference can make!!

Just a little side note: I haven´t heard this one before but to me the following happened: After a week or two I noticed that I had lost a screw of the outside part of the clasp. I don´t know how it is called but I will illustrate: In the following picture you see the outside part has two screws, well one of them went missing after a very short time! Had to order a new one from my TD, 5$ each screw... SIGH...

DATE FONT:

Hublot is not very consistant with its production line and changes things in their watches, the datewheel is one of those things. The GEN is made with a white and also a black DW, I ordered a black one as it blends in nicer with the black dial in my opinion.

LUME:

This watch isn´t known for its excellent lume like a PAM for instance, so it is all but impressive... Especially as the numerals are metal, which looks really nice in daylight, they don´t light up at night. It doesn´t bother me, but I must say it always pleases me when I wear my PAM and I enter a darker place...

CASEBACK:

This watch has a clear caseback, it´s nice to see the Pendulum turn as it winds the watch. It has a modified A7750 movement with platinum plated bridge plate and detailed engravings and runs at 28800vph.

Eyecandy / wristshot:

In my opinion these are the most important things to comment on this watch, it is a stunning piece, and the design allows you to wear it casual but also younger adults rock it wearing a suit. The gen is approx. 10.000€, so dress accordingly if you don´t want to be called out :)

The last picture might be a bit off topic, but hey, it´s eyecandy! Enjoy!!

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
How's the dial alignment on yours? When I had my V6.5 the dial wasn't completely aligned, as though it was shifted 1-2mm clockwise so the bezel screws and markers didn't really line up :/

Lovely pictures and review btw congrats :)

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
Well to be honest mine is off aswell. Not by 1-2mm like yours, more like half a mm.... And also clockwise.

How's the dial alignment on yours? When I had my V6.5 the dial wasn't completely aligned, as though it was shifted 1-2mm clockwise so the bezel screws and markers didn't really line up :/

Lovely pictures and review btw congrats :)

Melonas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/15
Finally a review of this beauty with lovely pictures, thanks!

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
Well to be honest mine is off aswell. Not by 1-2mm like yours, more like half a mm.... And also clockwise.

Interesting to know, wonder whether they'll ever fix this issue doesn't seem to be present on the evo ones. Either way I may have over-exaggerated the misalignment :p

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
It´ll probably have been the same as on mine... I only had mine for a month or so, this means they probably never gonna fix this... But it isn´t really bad, I have been the only one to spot it up till now... It is this damn forum that makes us study the watch too much! :)

Interesting to know, wonder whether they'll ever fix this issue doesn't seem to be present on the evo ones. Either way I may have over-exaggerated the misalignment :p

aston6886

6/6/12
What you reckon compare this to a v6 buddy?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Fxswap

Horology Curious
23/7/15
Great review! I'm looking to purchasing the v6.5 cer/ss as well. Does anyone know if it can be modded using the bezel replacement (4.5 teeth) from puretime?

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
The V6 has a blue hue on the crystal. The update to the V6.5 is that they correct it to colorless AR. That is the only difference between the two.

What you reckon compare this to a v6 buddy?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
I don´t know if they fit, but my suggestion is to buy one and wear it for a while. The pictures we use on here are so blown up to show the microscopical things, you really don´t notice these things in real life. Only if you really are a fanatic and want things a 100%. At first I was the same, I was going to change the bezel too, but now I just enjoy the watch and really don´t think of it anymore...

Great review! I'm looking to purchasing the v6.5 cer/ss as well. Does anyone know if it can be modded using the bezel replacement (4.5 teeth) from puretime?

Fxswap

Horology Curious
23/7/15
I don´t know if they fit, but my suggestion is to buy one and wear it for a while. The pictures we use on here are so blown up to show the microscopical things, you really don´t notice these things in real life. Only if you really are a fanatic and want things a 100%. At first I was the same, I was going to change the bezel too, but now I just enjoy the watch and really don´t think of it anymore...

Thanks for the response! I guess there's no way but to pull the trigger :) i'd still appreciate the answer to my question, or any link to a replacement bezel :)

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
[MENTION=46974]aston6886[/MENTION] The difference with the V6 is that it has the correct AR. If you order a V6 today from a TD they normally will ship you the latest version, that would be the V6.5 anyway.

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
@ilovewarches2013 I am curious to know what your experience will be with the clasp. You have my indications in this review to file it down, to me it was unwearable... Let me know how yours is when you get it!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ File it down if you intend to wear the rep strap. Its takes like 10mins with a dremel to sand down and then polish it back up.

Otherwise buy an aftermarket strap like donerix. His straps are usually thicker so that clasp is less protruding.

launch

7/5/13
I know it's an old post but great review and photos. Gonna pull the trigger on a new hbb before xmas

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
[MENTION=63727]launch[/MENTION], what do you mean, it is only 1 week old :) Enjoy the HBB!

launch

7/5/13
Haha. My bad. For some reason I thought I saw feb not dec

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Project78

Known Member
11/6/15
+1 on that! It is a very annoying problem with a very easy and quick solution!

^ File it down if you intend to wear the rep strap. Its takes like 10mins with a dremel to sand down and then polish it back up.

Otherwise buy an aftermarket strap like donerix. His straps are usually thicker so that clasp is less protruding.