• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just purchased my first rep EVER. need help!!.

Bogeyboy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/3/21
Whats up guys. I just bought a watch from intime05 solely based off of the comments I've seen about the company on this forum. The purchasing process was smooth even though my platinum card got declined twice for some reason so I had to reduce my order to less than $900 and pay via PayPal. I originally ordered two watches but ended up only being able to get this one "Daytona 116508 YG Noob 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet Green Dial SA4130 V3"..

Like I said before, this is my first time buying a rep so im not even sure what to expect when looking at the qc photos. The reason I chose this watch was because within my small circle of friends, im the only one without a rolex. I chose this specifr model because they all have either gold date dates or gold date just, so I wanted to be different. Plus I saw Jona hill wearing it and thought it was sick!

Enough of the rant, here are some qc pics i just recieved from Ryan at intime05
I would greatly appreciate if an OG in the rep game took a look and gave his or her or its honest opinion.. thanks guys...

Btw, the moderators are fuckin hilarious.. straight jokes!!!

Despite giving the Mods props for being forum comedians, QC pictures removed by Staff. Please read forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Exactly.

My understanding is that once you have greenlighted the purchase, post away.

The members here encourage wrist shots and pictures with random things, cars, drinks etc. Theres a thread for everything so welcome aboard. Each sub brand has a wristshots section.

Reactions: rwacc

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Green light has been given to the seller, now just hoping they send the correct box.

They also sent a pic of the time graph and everything looked spot on.

I was planning on sending it out to get 18k plating just because ive read abt the gold turning. Id rather get ahead of the problem before there is a problem. Any tips or comments would be helpful on that and the watch in whole. i havent been able to find any extensive conversation on this watch, yet it seems to be a pretty hard watch (gen) to get after John Mayer blew it up.

Any expert/semi expert help would be greatly appreciated.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why would you want “comments on the watch as a whole” if you’ve already accepted it? Forgive me for thinking that this sounds rather like an attempted stealth request for QC advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: cecilcu92

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Why would you want “comments on the watch as a whole” if you’ve already accepted it? Forgive me for thinking that this sounds rather like an attempted stealth request for QC advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't i want feedback from people who know more than I do abt the watch?

You're forgiven, but yeah you're wrong.

Forgive me for thinking you're trying to sneak taddle tell.

Reactions: Triobloid

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Cant confess to knowing any more than you do Bogeyboy, but I do like the green dial so well wear.
I saw something similar on a Breitling Premier before and always stood out to me, didnt know rolex did something similar, something new learnt today.

Re the plating, maybe worthwhile having a look at the modification section, those guys would surely be able to steer you in the right direction or maybe even one in your area to advise?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/tech-section

At the end of the day though, the only opinion that really matters is yours so the question is whether you are happy with it

inGloM0de

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/21
Philadelphia, PA
Watch is beautiful bro, you made a good choice. I hope you enjoy wearing it. The gold looks like it was brushed so smoothly too like they took their time on the plating.

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Watch is beautiful bro, you made a good choice. I hope you enjoy wearing it. The gold looks like it was brushed so smoothly too like they took their time on the plating.

thanks bruh.. the anticipation is killing me:nailbiting::nailbiting:. I cant wait to finally get this beauty in my hands. My biggest concern was the gold. I found a company on here that does gold plating and they give you an option to get the Rolex brushing for an additional charge.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
thanks bruh.. the anticipation is killing me:nailbiting::nailbiting:. I cant wait to finally get this beauty in my hands. My biggest concern was the gold. I found a company on here that does gold plating and they give you an option to get the Rolex brushing for an additional charge.

Sweet, congrats.

Out of pure curiosity, how much for the gold plating/brushing?

Triobloid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/21
GB

Get used to it friend, the waiting is the hardest part of this hobby, and the waits can seem forever!
Not usually a big fan of rolexs but that's a beaut, looking forward to seeing some wristies in the sunshine.
Welcome to the forum.

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Sweet, congrats.

Out of pure curiosity, how much for the gold plating/brushing?

thanks for the welcome!!

they have a bunch of different options for Rolex and non Rolex, rep and gen..

my package is going to cost around $900usd. $350usd for the case, $400usd for the band + $50usd for the brushed outer and smooth inner on the band. All 18k gold finish.

They service all kinds of shit lol https://www.watchplating.com/ .. the guy I talked to on the phone said its abt a 3 week turn around.

I just want it to be as close to the weight of the gen as possible. I see a lot of people stay away from YG and i was kind of skeptical of it at first until someone put me on the gold plating.

Go big or go home right?

Reactions: P..DR..D

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Get used to it friend, the waiting is the hardest part of this hobby, and the waits can seem forever!
Not usually a big fan of rolexs but that's a beaut, looking forward to seeing some wristies in the sunshine.
Welcome to the forum.

lol im learning!!

i wanted to get my wife a watch as well but i wanted to wait until mine arrived. in the meantime ive been searching the sale section for ladies datejust but ive been unlucky so far. if i wait for my watch to arrive that means i wont get hers until may-ish :idontknow:... so the search continues

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Just so we are clear, are you hoping gold plating is going to get the weight as close to a gen watch as possible ? Hate to break it to you but you are going to be disappointed unless the coating is a gazillion microns. As for your initial comment outlining the rationale for purchasing this watch, again - you are going to be disappointed. If your circle has a whole bunch of gen gold daydates or datejusts, you are going get embarrassed trying to pass off a gold plated rep as a gen - strongly recommend you don't even try. If you really feel that you must have a Rolex to fit in and you are willing to drop some big coin, get a franken 1680, 16800, 14060 or even the new VSF Sub and drop in as many gen parts as you can find and leave it at that. And no, I am not being a dick, I am trying to save you some serious embarrassment and regret.

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
That watch in gen will weigh at least 280grams
Rep weight 150-160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bogeyboy

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Just so we are clear, are you hoping gold plating is going to get the weight as close to a gen watch as possible ? Hate to break it to you but you are going to be disappointed unless the coating is a gazillion microns. As for your initial comment outlining the rationale for purchasing this watch, again - you are going to be disappointed. If your circle has a whole bunch of gen gold daydates or datejusts, you are going get embarrassed trying to pass off a gold plated rep as a gen - strongly recommend you don't even try. If you really feel that you must have a Rolex to fit in and you are willing to drop some big coin, get a franken 1680, 16800, 14060 or even the new VSF Sub and drop in as many gen parts as you can find and leave it at that. And no, I am not being a dick, I am trying to save you some serious embarrassment and regret.

Thanks for your comment!! I really wanted to get it plated in 18k just because the gen is 18k. No one in my circle has a daytona so ill be good as far as that. So are you saying that its just the gold that will be a give away or the watch in general? I definitely don't want to get called out lol. Why would you recommend I get a Sub instead of a daytona? Are the daytonas more easily recognized as fakes or are the Subs just made better? I learning bro.. thanks for the insight

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Thanks for your comment!! I really wanted to get it plated in 18k just because the gen is 18k. No one in my circle has a daytona so ill be good as far as that. So are you saying that its just the gold that will be a give away or the watch in general? I definitely don't want to get called out lol. Why would you recommend I get a Sub instead of a daytona? Are the daytonas more easily recognized as fakes or are the Subs just made better? I learning bro.. thanks for the insight

A gold plated daytoma will still weight much less than a gold dayrona and the general feel and lustre won't be anything like a gen gold dayroma. A highly modded vintage sub is not going to get called out by anyone other than a serious collector. The latest VSF subs won't get called out, period. In fairness, it sounds like the crowd you mix with won't be able to call out any replica Rolex from the real deal but there are still instant tells on a Daytona for anyone who knows what to look for (as there are on just about any other replica). If you really don't want to get called out, get a super rep Panerai and call it a day.

Reactions: Rx4Time

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
thanks for the welcome!!

they have a bunch of different options for Rolex and non Rolex, rep and gen..

my package is going to cost around $900usd. $350usd for the case, $400usd for the band + $50usd for the brushed outer and smooth inner on the band. All 18k gold finish.

They service all kinds of shit lol https://www.watchplating.com/ .. the guy I talked to on the phone said its abt a 3 week turn around.

I just want it to be as close to the weight of the gen as possible. I see a lot of people stay away from YG and i was kind of skeptical of it at first until someone put me on the gold plating.

Go big or go home right?

Saw this post and thought of you OP.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...chmaker-nikz19

Cant do any harm to get a price n check it out.
Maybe better than your local option?

Worth a PM anyway ;)

Best of luck Nikz19

Last edited:

Bogeyboy

Banned
9/3/21
Saw this post and thought of you OP.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...chmaker-nikz19

Cant do any harm to get a price n check it out.
Maybe better than your local option?

Worth a PM anyway ;)

Best of luck Nikz19

I'll definitely check him out..

Watch still hasn't arrived so I have some time to weigh options..

Ryan from intime sent a tracking number a few days ago but Im still not able to get any information from it. Hopefully Ryan emails me back soon.

Thanks.

Reactions: P..DR..D