Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEWARE OF SCAMMER - RASHFORDDAVID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by CurioLeo View Post
    Please be very careful. I should have known better but slipped up in my excitement.

    Rashforddavid contacted me in relation to a WTB post for a Pam 087 and provided contact details of a friend selling one. Had I been more careful, I would have noticed that this was the first post for a user created on 17/06/20.

    After corresponding with the supposed "seller" Jonathan Atikson (New Jersey) on the email [email protected], he asked for F&F payment but on a different email, being [email protected] for Jason Cole.

    Not only did the scumbag not actually intend to post anything, he tried to ask for an additional $50 USD postage to cover alternative shipping methods due to the riots in the US. When I declined and asked for a refund , he disappeared. To make it worse, he also tried to double dip and charge twice through PayPal which my bank fortunately declined. Being a F&F payment, fucking PayPal won't do anything about it undoubtedly.

    Perhaps the mods can identify who created the user Rashforddavid ?
    You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

    PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

    This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

    That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

    Good luck man. I hope you can get some of your funds back.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #17
      This has become a common scam where a member responds to WTB post indicating that their friend/relative has what the member who placed the ad is looking for. It is being used on RWI and RG. Gentlemen, please exercise your common sense when receiving PMs from unknown members. Although not required with a WTB thread, insist that a sales thread be started by the member offering the item.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by bc1221 View Post

        You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

        PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

        This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

        That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

        Good luck man. I hope you can get some of your funds back.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks for the tips, I will try PP. Have already informed bank.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          This has become a common scam where a member responds to WTB post indicating that their friend/relative has what the member who placed the ad is looking for. It is being used on RWI and RG. Gentlemen, please exercise your common sense when receiving PMs from unknown members. Although not required with a WTB thread, insist that a sales thread be started by the member offering the item.
          Lesson learnt, I am not buying anything from anybody who isn't an established user known to me at least by reputation through involvement in the forum

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by bc1221 View Post

            You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

            PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

            This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

            That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

            Good luck man. I hope you can get some of your funds back.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Try this.

            I am sure your credit card or bank will handle this for you if paypal won't.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by CurioLeo View Post

              Lesson learnt, I am not buying anything from anybody who isn't an established user known to me at least by reputation through involvement in the forum
              Yea. I started looking a bit deeper after I saw that the account was created a week or less ago. That’s when the pics came and it was definitely noticeable.

              POS scammers are what makes us all look like scammers. Smh


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


                #22
                Me too !!!!!!!! Look here :
                Unbelievable .....

                As of the moment it would take a week before I have got a none branded Pam 365, I would inform you on the arrival of that.. if you are still interested.


                Best regards
                Jonathan


                Hello how are you doing?
                I'm sorry to inform on getting to my store it came to my knowledge we haven't not the requested Panerai Pam 365
                But in accordance to that we have got others you might prefer much more


                Best regards
                Jonathan
                On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 12:53 AM wrote:
                Hy I'm in Italy - Turin


                Il 19/06/2020 08:52, Jonathan Atikson ha scritto:
                Nice to hear from you.
                Yes I do have, where are you located?

                On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 11:41 PM wrote:
                Hy I was searchin for a PAM 365 in RWI forum and a friend of Yours told me to contact You, I'll copy here the message from the forum :


                Hy, I'm in search of this PAM : equation of time with sunset/sunrise display and a nice oper caseback with sky constellation cover inside.
                Anyone can help me ? All the TD I've checked (RWI and RWG) are out of stock !

                Thanks in advance
                Last edited by Glaude; 28-06-20, 00:26. Reason: Personal informations redacted

                Comment


                  #23
                  Please make a sticky ! .... I was very near to be fucked up ... Thanks to RWI and to my brain I've made a little research with this scammer bastard e-mail and I've found this thread ...
                  I don't know even why, but tomorrow some strange thinkin' happened ... and this is the result !

                  RWI Rules !
                  How many noobs like me this fuckin bastard have joked ?
                  Fortunately the watch he states was not available ... so I've saved my money. Bad game.. If he told me it was ready ... I'll have my money goned away for sure ...

                  PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ... expecially from this bastard !

                  Many thanks to everyone involved !

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Fabrythrash View Post
                    Please make a sticky ! .... I was very near to be fucked up ... Thanks to RWI and to my brain I've made a little research with this scammer bastard e-mail and I've found this thread ...
                    I don't know even why, but tomorrow some strange thinkin' happened ... and this is the result !

                    RWI Rules !
                    How many noobs like me this fuckin bastard have joked ?
                    Fortunately the watch he states was not available ... so I've saved my money. Bad game.. If he told me it was ready ... I'll have my money goned away for sure ...

                    PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ... expecially from this bastard !

                    Many thanks to everyone involved !
                    Bro. You probably shouldn’t put your email address on here.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      #25
                      just a suggestion but perhaps we should make it mandatory (if it isn't already.....) for any response to a WTB to be a reserved sale post . The catch being that the "seller" must still meet the criteria for posting a sale. While I am at it, thinking out loud, why not limit sales to supporters or patrons only - that way, when combined with the need to list a reserved sale in response to a WTB, no fucking scammer is going to do a quick grab and run as long as buyers play by the rules.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Hello, I had the same exact experience but on another forum, a user PMed me in response to a WTB post asking to get in touch with his buddy via email, the buddy kept insisting on f&f, guess I lucked out as the pics he sent me were from a website I had looked up and could recognize. Yikes...so this is scam across multiple forums

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Fabrythrash View Post
                          Please make a sticky ! .... I was very near to be fucked up ... Thanks to RWI and to my brain I've made a little research with this scammer bastard e-mail and I've found this thread ...
                          I don't know even why, but tomorrow some strange thinkin' happened ... and this is the result !

                          RWI Rules !
                          How many noobs like me this fuckin bastard have joked ?
                          Fortunately the watch he states was not available ... so I've saved my money. Bad game.. If he told me it was ready ... I'll have my money goned away for sure ...

                          PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ... expecially from this bastard !

                          Many thanks to everyone involved !
                          We won't make a sticky asking people to exerce common sense, this would be a very sad time even if we are close to it unfortunately.

                          A lot of scams flourish on people being lazy and not doing their due diligence before sparing with their hard earned money. Even if I'm about to spend $20 online, I'll always do some research on the seller whether it's a private one or a website.

                          It shouldn't even have to be said that if someone that just joined contact you and has exactly what you are looking for, there's already something fishy here. Pretty much all the rep actors are already members on RWI or are known from other forums. There's little to no chance that a fresh member could be the one with the exact rare piece your a looking for, at best this would indicate that this guy is probably not new to the game and probably a banned member trying to sneak up.

                          This is not a dig at OP or anyone, mistakes do happen.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by CurioLeo View Post
                            just a suggestion but perhaps we should make it mandatory (if it isn't already.....) for any response to a WTB to be a reserved sale post . The catch being that the "seller" must still meet the criteria for posting a sale. While I am at it, thinking out loud, why not limit sales to supporters or patrons only - that way, when combined with the need to list a reserved sale in response to a WTB, no fucking scammer is going to do a quick grab and run as long as buyers play by the rules.
                            I’m pretty sure it is in the rules on RWI but on other forums, not so much. This is why I always prefer selling/buying on here rather than other forums.

                            Mods and members look out for each other here. The others have members who look out for each other but they don’t need approval from mods to sell or anything like that. They just post a sales thread and whatever happens, happens.

                            Any WTB thread should be followed up with a reserved sale post. Otherwise, there really isn’t much the mods can do because the sale was not within the rules.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by CurioLeo View Post
                              Being a F&F payment, fucking PayPal won't do anything about it undoubtedly.
                              And that is why if you pay F&F you fund it with your credit card not from PP balance. PP may not do anything but your bank will.

                              ************************************************** ********
                              People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                              ************************************************** *************
                              hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                              ************************************************** ********
                              When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge




                              Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens


                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Fabrythrash View Post
                                PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ...

                                Mate we are not your mum, we provide a safe(er) environment in which to sell, if people want to do so outside of that it's their problem not ours. We can't hand hold members, people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

                                ************************************************** ********
                                People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                                ************************************************** *************
                                hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                                ************************************************** ********
                                When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge




                                Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X