• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which version to choose for Chopard GTXL

taiji

30/11/06
There are 3 versions of the chopard GTXL currently available

Version 1

Plus point: engraved text on rotor, correct date font and good date mag

Flaws: The crown between the CG is not spaced evenly (if you look from the side), minute numerals font too skinny thin, white date wheel, short second hand, no AR, wrong deployant (the engraved word shouldn't be painted black) and the crown has the word "1000" & "miglia" stamped in the wrong direction.

Version 2

Plus point: Date wheel is corrected to black, correct date font and good date mag

Flaws: The crown between the CG is not spaced evenly (if you look from the side), minute numerals font too skinny thin, short second hand, wrong deployant (the engraved word shouldn't be painted black) and the crown has the word "1000" & "miglia" stamped in the wrong direction. No AR for the previous batch but it seem to have AR for version 2 now.

Version 3

Plus points: Correct date font and good date mag, correct date black date wheel, minute numerals look close to the gen, Second hand length is correct, strong AR, correct deployant, Asian 7750 (pretty close to what the gen is using), crown teeth looks sharp and the word "1000" & "miglia" are correctly stamped. Almost forgot is the sweet vanilla scent from the dunlop styled strap

Flaws: Sitcker text on rotor, movement is a bit jerky

There is Ultimate PO, Ultimate PAM92. For Chopard GTXL, version 3 is the ultimate among its versions

I read up quite a bit on the information for the 3 different version reps to make the comparison.

All 3, are great reps.

AR on crystal released for version 2. I am not sure how good is the AR but version 3 AR is as good as SFSO.

Hope the above summary is helpful to anyone who is going to pull the trigger for this watch according to their affordability and preference.

Thanks for viewing guys :D

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
Anyone know the lug size on version 2? I'm thinking of changing the strap and giving it to my wife...
It should be arriving today...
is it too big for skinny wrists?

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Version 1, 2 , 3, or whatever.

If you don't mind the movement, TWP is the way to go, hands down. It's the best $115 I have ever spent on a rep.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
jb said:

If you don't mind the movement, TWP is the way to go, hands down. It's the best $115 I have ever spent on a rep.

JB

When words cannot say enough :wink:

launchnukes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/06
jb said:

i went for this one too. can't beat it for the $$

dal

Horology Curious
29/1/07
Hello, this is my first post, first of all tell you all that I'm learning a lot reading all your posts, I'm from Madrid and my name is carlos.

Now, I was reading about the 3 diferent Chopard replicas and tell you that yesterday I received from King the 3 version in white.
First of all tell you that the watch is simple "perfect", really nice aspect and feeling, great AR, great lume (very impresive) but not as great the Asian 7750, tell you that the shipping second hand runs a bit hardly, with some little "jumps" because of the movement used.

The thing is that a friend told me that this problem also happens with the real Chopard because of the big movement it wears. So apart from that I think its a great watch!!

So the thing is that even the problems of the original are copied :(

taiji

30/11/06
@Dal

Congrats to you. The white dial gives a very elegance look. Anyway, white or black dial. I believe there are still many who will go for the ultimate version for this watch. Wear it well... Mine has been on my wrist for the entire week.

ArleighBurke

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/06
Chop

I have the version that WBK was selling. Aside from the white date wheel it is simply stunning. AR coating is unreal and at $95 shipped you cannot beat it. WBK has some great deals.

dal

Horology Curious
29/1/07
Well, I have to say that the chopard I recived last friday doesn't work...It seems to have a problem with the date wheel because every night at 22:30 (when the A7750 starts moving date) the watch stops, the second-hand continue running but time don't move anymore... :cry: :cry:
I'm speaking with King and she told me to send the watch back so she repair it. The thing is that now I'm not sure if I want it to be repair and have it back again, she says she can not send me a new one or another model...
What do you sujest me to do???Should I take risk and let her fixed it??
Shoul I tell her to send me another MODEL?
Does your CHOPARD'S works fine till now???

Thanks, regards from SPAIN!! :D

taiji

30/11/06
@Dal

Sorry to hear that. The QC for both low or high end reps are not perfect 100%. There will be a batch that somehow pass the QC but fail when it was delivered. I am sorry to hear that. I guess I am lucky as mine is ticking well and keeps accurate time. I think you should send it back to your dealer and ask for a new one.

Or your can repair it at a local watch smith.

maxse

Banned
4/11/06
guys which has the more accurate movement on the back?

Also is it possible to get version 2 with an ETA movement?

Sylar

Banned
17/1/07
maxse, what you se out there in those 3 versionson is what you can get. You could possibley mod it after the fact to fit the movement you want but youd be going into unchartered waters as its so new that it wont.

The one TWP has is the best one for the money. JB review and personal inspection of it motivated me to get that one.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Yllwtrb said:
The one TWP has is the best one for the money. JB review and personal inspection of it motivated me to get that one.

Me too.. :D I'm waiting for it this week..

maxse

Banned
4/11/06
cool, thanks guys. But Im actuall leaning towards the ultimate. I believe there was a comparison on RWC and the ultimate has the correct caseback and the mirror image of the words Chopard or something was fixed, and the caseback is correct on that one...

Still thinking though. But doesnt the gen white dial have a black border around the numbers while the rep has silver?

brep

6/6/07
So, what is the thought on this compared to the new GMT? Is this taking the "Ultimate" a step farther?

Learning lots - pressing "search"...