• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Tornado33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/3/20
Hi again. I m planning to buy the white dial XL version. I´ve read this whole topic and watched "quite many" pics from google. Previously I asked about the differences between KOR and GF version. But now after research the BVF XL Santos in white colour looks best to me. I will probably go with that. Why you recommend GF over BVF? What are the main flaws in BVF white?

Is there any differences in the white tone of these two models? The gen has a little silverish tone in the white dial. How about GF and BVF dials? Thats so hard to find in pictures.

Thanks!

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Hi again. I m planning to buy the white dial XL version. I´ve read this whole topic and watched "quite many" pics from google. Previously I asked about the differences between KOR and GF version. But now after research the BVF XL Santos in white colour looks best to me. I will probably go with that. Why you recommend GF over BVF? What are the main flaws in BVF white?

Is there any differences in the white tone of these two models? The gen has a little silverish tone in the white dial. How about GF and BVF dials? Thats so hard to find in pictures.

Thanks!

GF is $80 cheaper for a start and has by far the best bracelet. BVF isn't gen thickness either, I'd go with GF but either way you'll be happy - both indistiguishable from gen

Reactions: leo6929

SKnight

8/7/19
I don't have the BVF, but the consensus is that both are at bar on pretty much everything, however the GF bracelet is better, it's smoother. And in my personal experience of owning/ wearing the GF it wears beautifully.

​​​​​​

Tornado33

4/3/20
GF is $80 cheaper for a start and has by far the best bracelet. BVF isn't gen thickness either, I'd go with GF but either way you'll be happy - both indistiguishable from gen

50 minutes and two great answers. Thank you guys!

How thick is BVF? I do like more the presens of BVF but the case thickness would be nice to know.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
If Gen is 9.0 then any other is a no go for me
9.7 is something you can feel on the wrist.
Let’s wait for a slimmer version if is the new. Then ... it is good news.

replikmaster

I'm Pretty Popular
19/1/11
GF is amazing, the bracelet is insane, and the watch is very solid. If I had to point anything that is not 100% is the CARTIER and AUTOMATIC print of the dial, that is thinner than it should be. But not even close to make me go with another factory.

Enviado de meu SM-N975F usando o Tapatalk

Bendori

2/5/16
Has ANYBODY bought or seen in real life the 3K Santos? The pics look good. Wonder how good it is compared to the GF.

SKnight

8/7/19
Wondering the same thing also have anyone pulled the trigger on a V6 factory Santos?

I love my my GF but I really want a two tone!

Pope

15/2/19
I think the date alignment is mostly a QC issue, look at the yellow gold version, it's noticeably better. Printing looks to be pretty good indeed.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Cartierwishes with a name like that, methinks you created this account for the sole purposes of getting someone to check your QC for you. Which, by the way, is against forum rules.

Suggest you head over to the new members area and read up the rules first.

BloodGore

Horology Curious
1/8/18
the quality is really nice (have the 35mm GF one), the only thing that kind of disappoints me is that "dead" Quick Date Setting when you pull out the stem from position 0 to position 1. Is there any way to remove that? it's just so "wrong", why did they not use a no-date caliper for the 35mm version?