• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Just placed an order for the BVF 35mm in rose gold. The price is crazy high, but this is a watch I've been waiting a while for. Tried the gen on a few months ago and was blown away.

Reactions: Dmage

hm11esh

4/9/18
anyone waiting for QC pics for the GF or V6F

I have been waiting over a month now

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
Just placed an order for the BVF 35mm in rose gold. The price is crazy high, but this is a watch I've been waiting a while for. Tried the gen on a few months ago and was blown away.

Prob because of thick-plated gold parts. I tried gen on as well but it looks screamingly flashy. Don’t know which occasion I could wear it appropriately.

n3w2thi5

Horology Curious
1/4/18
I talked to both Sead and Andrew and they were both confused as to why the prices were so high as well. Sead said he thinks the gold options may be wrapped but I don’t think that’s the case since TT lists them as plated and the solid SS one is the same price.

bose2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
There's no reason to be that high - their reason is, some idiots will buy it anyway.
The regular size is like 100 dollars less, YG/SS by the same factory. There's no logic for the medium (no date) to be that high.

bose2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
To continue the thought, the Noob Daytona is about the same price, but with a clone movement (almost identical to the original) and 904 steel. This price is still high but it's understandable because they had to put an extra effort to recreate the whole movement.

This medium Santos had none of that: it has a noisy Miyota movement and the same old same old 316 steel. The amount of gold is so minimum that any $4 gold plated bracelet on Aliexpress has more gold than this watch, so it doesn't justify the hike in price. Hell, it has less gold than the regular version.

Lets see if it's just greed from trusty time or from the factory.
In any case, I predict V6F will do it for $300 less.

Reactions: Stuvetjee

SKnight

8/7/19
Hello Gentlemen,

So im close to pulling the trigger on a GF XL, 40mm, but im undecided between the blue and the white dial.

Id appreciate the feeback on a white dial.

Cheers

hm11esh

4/9/18
white is too common, I would go for blue. cant go wrong with a blue dial watch. it just makes it pop

Reactions: leo6929

hm11esh

4/9/18
hm11esh, fair point.

what are you views on the BV two tone (rose gold)??

http://www.trustytime01.cc/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_163&products_id=19622

just saw this, and now I'm in two minds of whether to go for blue dial GF or BV two tone rose gold.

never really seen the two toned one until now. it does look nice but I would be weary of the plating coming off especially if you will be wearing it daily. I personally only go for stainless steel watches as the weight ratio is correct and also don't have to worry about the plating coming off.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
never really seen the two toned one until now. it does look nice but I would be weary of the plating coming off especially if you will be wearing it daily. I personally only go for stainless steel watches as the weight ratio is correct and also don't have to worry about the plating coming off.

The two tone 35mm was just released last week. I wouldn't worry too much about plating wear on a two tone watch. Also, I tried on the gen and while real gold does add some weight, the gens are very light and I think the reps can easily pass as a gen.