• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ballon Bleu 33mm SS V6F or JF 1:1

D

d4m.test

What dial did you got for? White with diamonds or the silver textured?

And what made you choose the NHO5A movement over the ETA2671?

Sorry for all the questions.

Sent from the RWI App

No prob, happy to share! [emoji3]

This is what I bought: https://puretime03.com/watch-brands...xtured-dial-on-ssyg-bracelet-seiko-nh05a.html

My choice was primarily driven by aesthetics — we wanted the YG/SS one and the V6F NH05a was the only available version. As for the textured dial, again it was an aesthetic preference. The white dial has diamond markers, and that’s not the kind of look we’re going for.

Plus, a minor thing but I can’t locate the YGSS 33mm White Dial with Diamond Markers model on the Cartier website. There’s a RGSS model but not a YGSS model. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist in gen, but I couldn’t find it on a very cursory search.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

No prob, happy to share! [emoji3]

This is what I bought: https://puretime03.com/watch-brands...xtured-dial-on-ssyg-bracelet-seiko-nh05a.html

My choice was primarily driven by aesthetics — we wanted the YG/SS one and the V6F NH05a was the only available version. As for the textured dial, again it was an aesthetic preference. The white dial has diamond markers, and that’s not the kind of look we’re going for.

Plus, a minor thing but I can’t locate the YGSS 33mm White Dial with Diamond Markers model on the Cartier website. There’s a RGSS model but not a YGSS model. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist in gen, but I couldn’t find it on a very cursory search.

Sent from the RWI App

Got ya - the YGSS isn’t available in the the ETA. Plus the ETA is more expensive.
I think my mrs would prefer a MOP dial, which I only think comes in the ETA.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

@Hymer

I think that the super rep is the model with the SEIKO Automatic movement . This model seems impressive !
Here's the ref on InTime Watch : Ballon Bleu 33mm SS TW 1:1 Best Edition White Textured Dial on SS Bracelet SEIKO NH05A

D

d4m.test

New release from jf on puretime03! December 2017

ballon-bleu-36mm-ss-jf-1-1-best-edition-white-mop-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a23j

Look good on video and price lower vs TWG and vs6. Check it out Bros.

D

d4m.test

New release from jf on puretime03! December 2017

ballon-bleu-36mm-ss-jf-1-1-best-edition-white-mop-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a23j

Look good on video and price lower vs TWG and vs6. Check it out Bros.

And the jf 36mm version thickness is 12mm compare to gen is 12.05mm while on the TWG 33mm version the thinkness is 11.5mm vs gen 9.96mm

D

d4m.test

The JF version has Mother of pearl dial similar to this v6f version but seem mop dial for this model is not shown on the official Cartier website.

And the jf 36mm version thickness is 12mm compare to gen is 12.05mm while on the TWG 33mm version the thinkness is 11.5mm vs gen 9.96mm

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I am looking to get one for the wifey but not sure which version to get.

From what I read so far V6F has the upper hand but the reviews I read were mostly about the Quartz.
I was leaning towards the V6F 33mm Automatic one with textured dial but I am worried the rotor will be super loud.
It has a SEIKO NH05A 21J inside. Anyone has experience with this rep or movement?
Here are a few pics and link:

https://www.intime02.co/cartier/229...mm-ss-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet.html

Y6PBHdE.jpg

5Iby22k.jpg

A8yrolh.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

stoyania

15/4/16
Doud I think first you should ask the wifey whether she prefers automatic movement or the simplicity of quartz

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Doud I think first you should ask the wifey whether she prefers automatic movement or the simplicity of quartz

She is indifferent, she has both quartz and automatic watches and switches between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
When checking on intime it says the Automatic V6F 33mm is 12.5mm thick whereas gen is 10mm thick (as per Cartier's website).
The quartz V6F 33mm is 10mm (same as gen) according to intime.
Can anyone confirm this? TDs often write down the wrong dimensions.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Ok so I ordered the V6f 33mm quartz but now looking at pics I see that the v6 dial is much more yellow than the TW and other factories. The gen kind of looks white. Which is more accurate in your eyes?

Other factory:
cd67d13078fd312494c7412c3c933fb0.jpg

V6F:
0045f38c9171d7ca4bdd9757d2be8d03.jpg

Gen:

8d000db08f0605f5bf83594475ed4537.jpg
0be605c2fa89f3d71cd4ab1c3582bf76.jpg

stoyania

15/4/16
Doug I dont believe you are comparing apples-to-apples in terms of the models. the v6f model is older, the current gen model has a different dial pattern

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
The genuine of the model you are looking to buy is not white, it is silver opaline. The v6f 33 mm quartz is amazing. I got one for my wife last year

TCBL

Looking Around
15/3/18
I've read this post hundreds of times asking myself the same question: JF or V6F? I know I wont be the last to find this thread seeking the same answer, so here we go:

I've come to the following conclusion, but please correct me if I'm wrong:

JF version is the accurate version for what's being sold in stores right now: a whiter dial - I tried this on in store and it looks pretty good. If you were to go to the stores now and buy one, it would look most like the JF version.

V6F version sells the older "lacquered silvered sun ray effect" version (which IMO looks nicer). I've never seen this one IRL but will be buying it anyway. If you were to buy this watch secondhand, you'd get one that looks most like the V6F version

Hope this helps a tad, but again, if I am wrong, please correct me ;)

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Thanks for the answers, I will post pictures when I receive it. With how popular this rep is I was surprised I couldn’t find a gen vs rep comparison.

Reactions: tkingjr

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Does anyone have live shots of the v6f 33mm they could share? Thanks.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I received the v6F 33mm and overall it’s a disappointment.

The construction seems good but the dial finish is really poor, it doesn’t reflect light evenly, I believe the grooves are not even around the disk with Roman numerals so it makes it look like there are imperfections on the dial. The printing is also not neat. It’s hard taking pictures that show what I mean but I will try.

Basically when looking at it something just looks off...