• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CALIBRE DE CARTIER JJF VS Gen side By Side

Trabel1929

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/18
There is no way to swap a Miyota for a Swiss eta ?

Bit of an old thread I know, but I've have a bi-tone gold bezel one of these for about 3.5 years... read this thread and did the research before buying, but didnt believe the noise would be an issue.. I was so wrong like many other posters the rotor noise on this watch is like nothing Ive ever heard. The watch itself however was super close to gen in feel. Ive tried on at least 5 gens of these and it really is close. Anyways as a result I've been destruction testing it... mostly to see how the gold plate holds up... annoyingly its held up perfectly.. after 3.5 years of admittedly infrequent wearing but also infrequent care the "gold" (uhum) looks like new... no wear no tarnish .. nothing. I can only conclude its probably solid something.. just not gold.. anyway I've tried getting the mechanism serviced and that had no effect other to reveal the most insane winding mechanism I've ever seen were by the rotor is driving a sort of ratchet to power the winding mechanism but given the "quality" of the rest of the watch I was wondering is there any movement that could be swapped into to replace the bag of nails that is currently driving it? Given the watch has no real resale value now I thought might make an interesting project if so...