• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bulgari Octo Finissimo BV 7mm.

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
By all accounts, this has not been discussed before.
BVF has released the new Octo Finissimo, and now, as I see it, they are noticeably thinner and closer to gen. According to the factory, this is 7mm, previously it was about 10, while gen is about 5mm.
jYCwUS.jpg
jYC4QQ.jpg
jYCdxW.jpg

The entire line is steel, here are some additional photos with different dial colors:
jYCvn8.jpg
jYC7uK.jpg
jYCuhR.jpg
jYCMfL.jpg

jYCRI1.jpg
jYCfdj.jpg
jYCFx4.jpg
jYCNZv.jpg

jYC0Qc.jpg
jYCSWI.jpg
jYCJ2i.jpg
jYCbfX.jpg

Interestingly, movt. Is used the same as before, and how they were able to make it thinner is not obvious:
jYCVnb.jpg

However, the thickness is really less than on the old reps from this factory, last generation fenissimo with brushed steel and dial:
jYPZIF.jpg
jYPDj5.jpg

Here's a quick comparison to the old one:
jYPjdt.jpg

A couple of live photos of the new rep BVF:
jYPzJ2.jpg
jYPHWE.jpg

And a few photos of gen 130464, for your reference:
jYPevD.jpg
jYPA2s.jpg
jYPL6Y.jpg
jYPhF3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Ohh I do like it. 5mm vs 7mm is much closer than 10mm. Most wont notice the difference between gen and rep.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for this KOT1917

Was lucky to see this in real life before and is a beauty so this is definitely being added to my buy list :thumbsup:

Reactions: EuroTime25

PHutch

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/1/20
beautiful. is there any lume???

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Have enquired with my TD about this, so fingers crossed, perhaps a 2022 purchase though ;)

Will update if/when I hear anything.

Loving the black dial, and also the blue, but agree with you Swiss_goupil the grey titanium would be awesome :daydreaming:

Reactions: Ecender and KOT1917

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Have enquired with my TD about this, so fingers crossed, perhaps a 2022 purchase though ;)

Will update if/when I hear anything.

Loving the black dial, and also the blue, but agree with you Swiss_goupil the grey titanium would be awesome :daydreaming:

Any word from your dealer on availablity?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

None yet unfortunately but will follow up again next week.

She said that only the older thicker model was there when she initially checked.

Reactions: Rx4Time

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

My TD just replied and said the new 7mm variants are available. On investigation, the GEN's are 5.15mm, so 7mm is awesome.

I would have loved a Titanium/grey dial, but the current offerings are all stainless steel, so am now torn between the blue & black dials.

The price is $438 & comes with a 'box' - she's not sure what type. She enquired whether it was possible to buy without a box, but was told it is being sold as a package.

Hope this is helpful.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
My TD just replied and said the new 7mm variants are available. On investigation, the GEN's are 5.15mm, so 7mm is awesome.

I would have loved a Titanium/grey dial, but the current offerings are all stainless steel, so am now torn between the blue & black dials.

The price is $438 & comes with a 'box' - she's not sure what type. She enquired whether it was possible to buy without a box, but was told it is being sold as a package.

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you mate! I will cross fingers and wait for the titanium /grey dial

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
This is great news if only they can correct the incorrect second subdial position later on I might pull the trigger.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
This is great news if only they can correct the incorrect second subdial position later on I might pull the trigger.

On the black dial it looks ok (on the website picture), below the 9 marker, but the blue / grey looks like it's too high?

But then in the pics below all variants look wrong? :(

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

Hope this is helpful.

Awesome! Thank you! Now to decide if I'm going to pull the trigger and order one.

Reactions: P..DR..D

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
On the black dial it looks ok (on the website picture), below the 9 marker, but the blue / grey looks like it's too high?

I think the black dial on the promo photo is gen cos if you look at the black in detail photos the subdial is way too high, the 12 is parallel to the 9 o'clock main dial

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I think the black dial on the promo photo is gen cos if you look at the black in detail photos the subdial is way too high, the 12 is parallel to the 9 o'clock main dial

That's what I'm thinking, will keep investigating anyway.

Reactions: philwongnz

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Physically not possible unless redesigning the Hangzhou 5000A movement

37c947cf04143fab0bc2cbcf754fb60e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: RonP and P..DR..D