• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Chronomat 41 Airborne

Jik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
Western Australia
Very disappointing that the spelling mistake is still not fixed particularly when the email from tt suggested that it had been:

V1z38F.jpg

https://picr.me/i/2019/03/31/V1z38F.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
I am going to cancel my order tomorrow and wait for V2. The spelling blunder is sad.

Really sad. They really go above and beyond with the quality of their reps and they slips for such a simple detail.

If it was on the caseback, we would not be so disappointed.

Reactions: vcappp and tkingjr

Derik429

28/7/13
I emailed Andrew in regards to this, but haven’t heard anything back. He said he was going to talk to the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Derik429

28/7/13
Andrew said no changes yet. First batch needs to sell first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Really sad. They really go above and beyond with the quality of their reps and they slips for such a simple detail.

If it was on the caseback, we would not be so disappointed.

yes. If it was the caseback I would buy the watch and get an updated caseback later. I have done that before when the model number was wrong.

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
I have been begging for this one, almost pulled the trigger on the gen

It's a shame it's 44 and not 41 but I'll send an order anyways

Reactions: Derik429

Minty Hummer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/18
Maldives
I am hoping as well. If they fix the spelling I will order. It is strange. The other GF watches I checked are correct.

i dont mind the minor flaws, i mean no one is going to lean over me zooming into my watch saying ''hey why does it say Tachymere instead''. :D

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
i dont mind the minor flaws, i mean no one is going to lean over me zooming into my watch saying ''hey why does it say Tachymere instead''. :D

I think as we buy more Reps we get fussier. We can't unsee a flaw we would not notice as Noobs. I don't understand how GF could make such a blunder as missing the "T". All the GF Chronomat's are correct.

Reactions: csthe

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
There is also a cobra yellow dial chronomat with the same error. They need a new proof reader!

I get how differences in date fonts, dial prints, colours etc happen as they are 1/10th the price but this is an avoidable error.

Reactions: csthe and tkingjr

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
An error like that wouldn’t be found on a Rolex rep in that price range. Let’s face it, we are kinda bastard children of the rep world. They fawn all the attention on Rolex, AP, Panerai, Omega and the other cool kids while we sit in the corner and drool into our sleeve.

Reactions: tkingjr