• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Chronomat 41 Airborne

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Andrew at Trusty just posted a new Breitling Chronomat 41 Airborne in two black/white panda dials with black nylon/red leather deployant. Anybody know anything about these?

Reactions: vcappp

vsigala

3/10/18
Southern California
Just saw it looks ok from the front. Font looks better. Curious to see what factory this is from. I can’t see this being a GF because the case back looks rough.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Just checked the reference number on the back. It’s a 44mm.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Also no recessed date. Wonder if there is something new on the a7750 that allows for this or is it a gf exclusive mod.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Just saw it looks ok from the front. Font looks better. Curious to see what factory this is from. I can’t see this being a GF because the case back looks rough.

The caseback is polished. That pic has a piece of plastic over it that is making contact in certain areas - it will look much better with the plastic off.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
So this is what GF has been up to, looks good with no recessed date wheel and the font looks good, maybe a little thick but good. At 17mm thick it’s a beast (not a bad thing)! Very interested in feedback as this one looks very tempting.

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Pretty good effort overall, but they will need to fix the “TACHYMERE” spelling mistake.

Of course there’s the usual B01 vs 7750 differences which results in slightly different subdial spacing, as evidenced by the smaller 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock markers and the date wheel border does not touch the second indices like the gen.

Also, like the GF Seawolfs, the “1’s” all around the rehaut have an incorrect font.

Maybe I’m nitpicking, but I love these GF Breitlings! Just want them to be perfect :)

Last edited:

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Good attempt. I have the gen on a bracelet and I also purchased the fabric strap from my local AD. I will post some pics later today for your reference.

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
They also have a 110-90 strap instead of the 120/80. Can sit different on the wrist for some people.
I wish they did 120/90.yet

Looks nice but not realy my thing....yet.

Greetz!

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
Beautiful rep... I was going to buy it but I saw the spelling mistake (TachymeRe instead of Tachymetre) which is a deal breaker for me..

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Beautiful rep... I was going to buy it but I saw the spelling mistake (TachymeRe instead of Tachymetre) which is a deal breaker for me..

I have to go look. I won't be able to unsee the error. I just cannot understand how a blunder like this can happen. GF should post photos for RWI members to proofread the text. Here is a link to see the error in all its glory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3eif192c64...Error.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:
Reactions: vicad and vcappp

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Looks like their dial manufacturer really dropped the ball. But considering how no dealer ive reached out to has a gf chronomat in stock. I'm hoping they are getting it fixed