• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Breitling Superocean Heritage II 42mm Ref# AB201012 **

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
I’m awaiting the arrival of my blue dial from repossessed. Can’t wait. If it’s as good as people say I may shell out for a second hand gen bracelet. (If I can find one)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
My Breitling Superocean Heritage II 42mm arrived today. Exceeded all expectations. I have a Gen Aero strap waiting to be installed. Thanks for all the input. This thread convinced me to buy the watch. I will take some photos this weekend.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Guys, anyone can recommend what to do to solve a "gritty" crown? Screwing, unscrewing and winding feels as if the stem is kind of grinding. Is there anything I can do, any part I should oil to achieve a smoother feeling?

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
When I find the crown threads gritty, I pop off the crown (open case push stem release) then use a cape cod cloth to clean the male threads on the tube.

Then oil very lightly the tube and put the crown stem back in.

Works most of the time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Rod

SUrep

Known Member
18/7/17
So after having my black one for a day and selling it. I needed to order the blue version even though It wore slightly smaller then I'm use to. One thing I noticed between the 2 watches is the black ones movement seemed alot louder. I can hear this one but it doesnt seem to be as loud as my first one.

For anyone one on the fence about the blue,I would say order it. You wont be disappointed.

i can second that the blue rotor is alot quieter than the black one.

wags

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/17
Thanks for the feedback, I've ordered my blue one from Ryan, just waiting on the QC pics (it's been a week)

I have my Staib mesh bracelet ready!

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

This thread has been great and has helped me make the decision.

Thank you, everyone.

Cheers,
Wags.

Unfortunately after confirming stock, paying, waiting almost 2 weeks for QC photos, then chasing up, I'm told they no longer have stock....BUMMER!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Unfortunately after confirming stock, paying, waiting almost 2 weeks for QC photos, then chasing up, I'm told they no longer have stock....BUMMER!

Sorry to hear you didn't get one it really is an impressive piece!

Must have been quite popular considering it was only released a month or so ago and out of stock already...hopefully a v2 pops up!

wags

3/11/17
wags Did you keep you order with your TD ? If you just wait you will get one. This watch is popular.

Ryan said the factory cannot confirm when it will be available, and he has offered me a refund or another watch.

I'm unsure how to proceed? I'm happy to wait but I'm not sure how long the wait will be?

If the stock outage is at the factory, then I don't think another TD will fare any better unfortunately.

wags

3/11/17
Sorry to hear you didn't get one it really is an impressive piece!

Must have been quite popular considering it was only released a month or so ago and out of stock already...hopefully a v2 pops up!

I hope so!

wags

3/11/17
I waited 4 months for my GF Blackbird because they were out of stock and fixing the minor problems with V1.

I'd be happy to do the same if i knew there was a v2 coming out. It's the not knowing that's difficult, plus I'm not getting any younger!

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I'm so glad I got a blue one. Hands down i love it 10 times better then the black. The black was nice but it also sounded alot cheaper with the loud rotor.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
swy5zqc.jpg

uWg3rtM.jpg

Ro39gbe.jpg

msJ5cMo.jpg

My watch arrived. It exceeds expectations. I added a Gen Areo strap. Still waiting for my polished deployment so for now, I have to rough it with the Ti deployment

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I'd be happy to do the same if i knew there was a v2 coming out. It's the not knowing that's difficult, plus I'm not getting any younger!

Factories dont necessarily use version numbers. besides its so good anyway, i wouldn't drag your heels waiting on a very minor update, just buy the watch and enjoy it.

wags

3/11/17
Factories dont necessarily use version numbers. besides its so good anyway, i wouldn't drag your heels waiting on a very minor update, just buy the watch and enjoy it.

I'm trying to! I'm told the factory is out of stock at the moment :mad: