• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Navitimer 01 happy owners?

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
Hi I am looking fordward to get my first order from sead, and I will want to buy The 01 black dial años SS bracelet, can anyone help me with The old Navi issues. Did they solve those with this new versión?

Also has anyone tested for waterproof?

Thanks

Just waiting on your kind support yo close The deal with the TD

bflowatchguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/14
I have a Navitimer 01 that I bought last summer. Not sure exactly what issues you're referring to, but I've been very happy with mine.

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
Details like The sunken date wheel and maybe The bezel markings that not align well.

Reactions: vcappp

bflowatchguy

27/7/14
Ah. The one I have does have the sunken date wheel. I'm no expert, but that's about the only "tell" I could find between my rep and the gen. All the markings etc seem spot on.

bflowatchguy

27/7/14
Yes and no. If you have it next to the gen or someone who is intimately familiar with the watch is looking at it they'll notice the difference, but unless you're specifically looking for that as the tell its a rep, it looks like a beautiful watch.

To me it wasn't a big deal because the watch looks fantastic and 99% of people would never know the date wheel wasn't supposed to look like that in the first place. Even in some pics of the gen i've compared mine to the dw looks recessed. IMO no rep is perfect and they'll each have some sort of tell to the trained eye so I was willing to live with that difference in this one.

Breitluc

I'm Pretty Popular
22/5/12
The Netherlands
Yes and no. If you have it next to the gen or someone who is intimately familiar with the watch is looking at it they'll notice the difference, but unless you're specifically looking for that as the tell its a rep, it looks like a beautiful watch.

To me it wasn't a big deal because the watch looks fantastic and 99% of people would never know the date wheel wasn't supposed to look like that in the first place. Even in some pics of the gen i've compared mine to the dw looks recessed. IMO no rep is perfect and they'll each have some sort of tell to the trained eye so I was willing to live with that difference in this one.

I own a gen navi 01, and believe me.. you'll see the differences when you own one ;) Rep is a lot thicker than the gen, date wheel sunken, AR, subdial position is wrong, tagyring is wrong colour, and so on.

D

d4m.test

Hi, the last one is quite better than previous versions if that´s the question. It´s a rep chronograph, don´t go swimming with it, for that get a submariner or some other diver (non-chrono because of the pushers etc.).
Even the gen isn´t good for swimming, quote:"Standard Levels Of Case Protection & Suggested Usage

3 bar/30 metres/3 atmospheres/98 feet
General everyday use. Not suitable for swimming.

If you have neglected to tighten the crown and water ingress is detected through this ring/seal your warrenty is nul and void."

cameltotem

Horology Curious
25/3/15
I'm happy with mine even though there are some issues with it, sunken wheeldate and subdials a bit too wide. Other than that it's amazing. Great AR and metal finish. Everyone notices it and no one asked if it's real or fake.

XkQHsLp.png

miz@r

Renowned Member
16/7/10
One of the things I love about it is that it can be a dress watch when using a leather strap or sport with the steel one.

How good is the lume?

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
just got mine - so impressed the green lume on the hadns seems to be updated (closer to gen as its more white) and the movement is 28.8k now 21.6k
AR on the crystal and leather band also seem to have been udpated !

only issue is the good old sunken datewheel - but this one isnt too bad

Xstimist

Looking Around
14/10/13
That is a sweet looking watch :) wear it well

May I ask who you ordered it from and how much did you pay?

Cheers

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
They look great and with the black DW the spacing issue with the recessed DW is not as visible. Still wish it wasnt recessed. Would be great if the factories could come up with a solution.

But i have a question arent the numbers 1 - 9 supposed to be turned the other way? Does it depend on the year it was made? It looks like online there are pictures showing the DW both ways. Wierd. Can anyone provide any definitive into here? I feel like this has probably been explained somewhere and i am just missing it.