• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breguet Appreciation Megathread

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Can you finish the thread soon Bonesey? I've now got 3 Breguet's I want to order and I'm getting impatient :lol:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Lol, not much more to add really. The Marine I can only find one rep of on Puretimes site, and the XX looks quite a dull A7750 SS model that doesn't do anything for me. All that's really left is for me to pick my favourites and try and go over them in a little more depth. Most of the information is already there for you to make a choice ;)

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Yeah, true enough. The quartz XX on Timeshop actually has a better looking dial than the 7750.

Unrelated to Breguet, I just went to my local department store, has a huge Rolex, Patek Philippe, Franck Muller, IWC, and Jaeger Le Coulture section. The staff are super-helpful and don't mind me trying on watches for ages. I got a Rolex catalogue and a bag out of them too :)

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Nothing :) Well, erm obviously I was wearing clothes but no watch. Thought about wearing my Invicta but decided against it. The lady invited me to a Rolex fair they're having there in a couple of weeks.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Just ordered two Breguets :)

These two.

478-502-thickbox.jpg

1915-29756-thickbox.jpg

Actually the second one is reasonably close to a gen (well, the dial, not the back obviously), I checked in my Breguet catalogue. The gray in the inner dial is wrong, which is disappointing. Obviously when I'm spending a total of $136 on these I demand incredible accuracy. :lol:

IMG_6915.jpg

Thanks Bonesey for making me realise that there were some Breguet reps of a reasonable size. I love the ones with more complications but they tend to be 42mm or so, or expensive. I'm going to wear my $68 reps with pride, thinking of the awesome horological history and amazing people that have worn the gens.

I guess I need to find some decent straps for them now, particularly the second one which needs a brown strap like the picture above.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
:SERVER IS TOO BUSY: BOLLOCKS!!!

Wrote a whole post. I'll summarise. Watches nice, catalogue nice, post pics, i ordered a catalogue as well!

;)

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Where should I look for straps do you think? It seems most of the straps around are for PAMs or other big watches, not dress watches like these.

Celt

Renowned Member
12/4/10
You can check ABP (atelier du bracelet Parisien) on google. Expansive but worth every cent

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
If you ebay for Breguet straps there are a few up for around the $200 mark. But you could definately find cheaper straps and just transplant the clasp on to it.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Thanks CelticPride for the french strap place, beautiful stuff but probably out of my budget. Looking at e-bay the gen straps ($200-300) don't even come with the buckle, so a transplant job would be necessary anyway. I won't do it for these 2 that I've bought, but a proper Breguet tourbillon rep, plus a genuine strap would be pretty sweet. I have 7 watches on the way at the moment, so maybe at Christmas time. :lol:

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
lol jrod. Signs of a definite addiction there ;) Have to give us a group shot once everything arrives.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Oh no :( This one out of stock, and I have to choose another :*(

478-502-thickbox.jpg

It really is a classic, so I'm disappointed, particularly as the size was perfect.

I might go for this one, although would rather not have another RG:

http://timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=799

799-28675-thickbox.jpg

Edit - I see it is very similar to an actual model (5140BA/12/9W6), but obviously the gen is yellow gold, and doesn't have the odd crown placement.

Or this one, which I've coveted for ages, and might just have to take the risk of it being a little too large (42mm) for my wrist. Don't the lugs look massive? That's mainly what I'm worried about, lug overhang.

http://timeshops.net/product.php?id_product=7915

Edit2: further disappointment - the simple RG one isn't available either. Annoying.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
it will probably wear about the same size as a Rol sub tbh. Shame about the first one not being in stock though. I'm partial to how simple and elegant it looks.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
It's really bothering me now that I haven't got one of the classic style, since TS out of stock on theirs. I even resorted to checking out Watcheden, as they have an amazing selection. How many they actually have in stock is the real question though. I'm wary of WE but might give them a try at some stage.

What's Trusty/Perfect Clones current website btw?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Ok, that's it, i've ended the post on a slightly low note with the XXI and the Marine versions, both of which are a bit poor. For reference my choices on which are the best reps out of the lot;

Classique Chronograph
Heritage Tourbillon
Type XX in Stainless Steel w/ or without date.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
What are you going to go for Bonesey? I want to get a Classique, plus a skeleton dial, in addition to the open-heart tourbillon I ordered from TS.