• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Your Barakuda is Cooking in ZF kitchen!

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Looking around the net STICK 1 is correct but maybe on SINGLE 1 and 11 it's different? It could be

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
The lume appears not as dark as gen, though algih72's pics look darker than intime's.

ZuLbbQ.jpg

This is not a very good side by side as I think the color is washed out on the REP and on the GEN the lume and indice color looks enhanced ...But for now its all we have. Hoping mine arrives next week

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
If you look at this video it shows without any photoshop or filters so it gives a better idea
Watch "Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Barakuda Limited Edition 5008-1130-B52A Blancpain Watch Review" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/GtxT8KGSAgI

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: majwilliams0308

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
If you look at this video it shows without any photoshop or filters so it gives a better idea
Watch "Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Barakuda Limited Edition 5008-1130-B52A Blancpain Watch Review" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/GtxT8KGSAgI

This is like for like with ZF. I'll edit my post to reflect that as well. Thanks for posting this it gives me a lot of reassurance haha.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Alhig72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
15/11/16
UK
This is like for like with ZF. I'll edit my post to reflect that as well. Thanks for posting this it gives me a lot of reassurance haha.
Its a really nice watch, i don't think you'll be disappointed

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
that deco plate is without exaggeration the worst I have seen during my more than ten years of experience in this hobby.
I would have liked to purchase one of these if they did a good job. But the deco plates on this movement are horrendous.
Maybe another factory will give this model a shot and do a better job.

caprioles9000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/17
I would have liked to purchase one of these if they did a good job. But the deco plates on this movement are horrendous.
Maybe another factory will give this model a shot and do a better job.

Can someone post a comparison of the deco plates of gen vs rep of zf. Everyone says its bad but for noobs its difficult to catch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
Can someone post a comparison of the deco plates of gen vs rep of zf. Everyone says its bad but for noobs its difficult to catch
the deco plates don't even cover or match the shape of the parts of the actual underlying movement.
100% Garbage and 100% unacceptable, especially at anywhere close to this price.
No Thanks. Hard Pass.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just got this in last week. I really enjoy this watch a LOT. More than I thought I would for how thick it is. The strap feels thin when you first hold the watch, but on the wrist it feels great. A wonderful tool watch for my collection. I'm not a huge fan of the date font in the teens and twenties but that's on gen too I suppose.

ZGSrjE.jpg

ZGS6v2.jpg

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Just got this in last week. I really enjoy this watch a LOT. More than I thought I would for how thick it is. The strap feels thin when you first hold the watch, but on the wrist it feels great. A wonderful tool watch for my collection. I'm not a huge fan of the date font in the teens and twenties but that's on gen too I suppose.

ZGSrjE.jpg

ZGS6v2.jpg

Thanks for sharing next to the Aquanaut, really gives a sense of scale for this piece, which is far more wearable for those with smaller wrists.

Reactions: SteveMcQueen1930

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
Just received the watch this morning and wore it since then.

The major thing is that the watch is tiny. Like it looks like a mini-watch. The strap is amazing soft, but very short as well, similar to the OG FF made by ZF.

The quality is amazing though, and absolutely gorgeous.