Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

Nope, no one on the forums can machine ceramic. I dont know this for a fact but im 99.9% sure.
    Not true. I’ve thinned the ceramic caseback for the ROO bumblebee before. It’s painstaking to work with but given patience, and many hours, it can be done. It’s difficult but far from impossible.

Domi has done the same, and so has spongebob. Thinning ceramic can be considered the trial of fire for any modder who works on thinning casebacks.
    Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

Comment

Even normal 15400 reps arent thinable to 9.5 without removing the rotor and deco plate so dont held your breathe…
      The ZF 15400 is 9.8mm as per gen. There is no need for it to go to 9.5mm unless it’s the owner preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post

Not true. I’ve thinned the ceramic caseback for the ROO bumblebee before. It’s painstaking to work with but given patience, and many hours, it can be done. It’s difficult but far from impossible.

Domi has done the same, and so has spongebob. Thinning ceramic can be considered the trial of fire for any modder who works on thinning casebacks.
        Fair play sir i take it back. Let me rephrase, i wouldnt try to machine ceramic haha.

Comment

As always, LEGENDary applause, sir!

Comment

legend what the hell are you using to machine ceramic man? Is the rep ceramic just some really soft ceramic compared to what ap are using?
            https://www.kadcoceramics.com/ceramic-machining/

Comment

Also, wonder what the weight is on this watch. Who can advise here?

Comment

1900$….

Originally posted by Valentz View Post

just sharing, but after i saw this, im sure im in the line to get this for sure.
                i hope they make the green dial with steel as well. Saw the video too on instagram, the week hand is not moving like V1, perhaps they fix the week hand.

Comment

Originally posted by javicc View Post
                  1900$….

What does the $1900 include? Apart from the movement, is the watch thinned, rebrushed etc?

Comment

Have ABD changed their name? lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I just messaged them. The only mod they've made is the movement being like gen but they're charging 3 times the cost of the stock watch. Everything else is the same.

Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RonP View Post
                        I just messaged them. The only mod they've made is the movement being like gen but they're charging 3 times the cost of the stock watch. Everything else is the same.

Ridiculous.
                        Id happily pay the $2k if it was a gen movement. Like gen is a bit ambiguous…

Comment

Id happily pay the $2k if it was a gen movement. Like gen is a bit ambiguous…
                          Well they said full function so I'm guessing it's as per gen. Are these modifications that expensive? I wouldn't want to pay $2k and then APS release a V2 with the correct movement for $600, or is it too complex to be available for that price?

Comment

I asked that seller and he quoted me 9500RMB. Seems he’s just BSing his prices. I got my modded version from a TD on here (JTIME) at 750USD. The Weekly indicator is a GMT Hand but that’s way better than a seconds hand. Don’t know how they added the leap year. The thickness is 10.5 and the gen caseback is actually titanium but I will look past it

Comment

Fair play sir i take it back. Let me rephrase, i wouldnt try to machine ceramic haha.
                              Actually Dr Fun Socks it is wise NOT to try to machine ceramic unless you have a spare of whatever you are trying to machine (which I did).
                              If presented with 10 ceramic casebacks for example, it is possible for maybe 2-3 tops to be done successfully. The risk of cracking or fracturing it is too high to make it anything more sensible than tightrope walking without a safety harness, across two high peaks at the Grand Canyon on a windy day. Is there a chance you make it safely across? Answer is yes, and hence the technical possibility but the risk is self-evident in that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post

Actually Dr Fun Socks it is wise NOT to try to machine ceramic unless you have a spare of whatever you are trying to machine (which I did).
                                If presented with 10 ceramic casebacks for example, it is possible for maybe 2-3 tops to be done successfully. The risk of cracking or fracturing it is too high to make it anything more sensible than tightrope walking without a safety harness, across two high peaks at the Grand Canyon on a windy day. Is there a chance you make it safely across? Answer is yes, and hence the technical possibility but the risk is self-evident in that scenario.

I had a feeling its a risky job trying to machine something that hard. What are you actually using to cut though? Surely carbide tips arent hard enough and are just going to create chatter which is the last thing you want? Only way i could think of to do it is set the lathe very very fast and use an oil stone by hand to hopefully eventually take it down by not a lot. Even then im not sure if the stone is hard enough? I know you can buy tips made of ceramic to cut with that are like 5x harder than carbide. Cbn is meant to be almost as hard as diamond isnt it?

Comment

Working...
                                X